PDA

View Full Version : What'd Mark Cuban say on Bill Maher July 15th?

trey4sports
07-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I was watching Hannity (disgusting, i know) and he was playing a clip of Maher July 15th and i noticed Mark Cuban was on Maher that day!

What the hell did he say? And why the hell is he on Bill Maher? I thought Mark was a libertarian!? :confused:

PBrady
07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
He did bring up the Fed unprovoked :D

He basically was the token perspective from the right that show, and since he actually is rich, it was funny to watch the dynamics of the left attacking him.

Agorism
07-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Now there was a show he should have never gone on.

Johncjackson
07-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Ron Paul has been on Bill Maher, The Tonight Show, Daily Show, Colbert, Meet the Press, PBS, and so on. Why did he go on those shows? Doesn't he know none of those hosts are as conservatively libertarian as he is?

parocks
07-19-2011, 02:57 AM
Would a VP Nominee be able to put his own money in?

Eric21ND
07-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Does anyone have a video of the episode? I enjoy Maher's show, even though his lack of understanding of economics is utterly frustrating.

kpitcher
07-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Your PM box is full. But if I was looking for a series online that you'd like to watch I'd suggest something like google watch series online

Liberty_Mike
07-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Couldn't really find anything on Youtube. If anyone has a link, please share.

Eric21ND
07-19-2011, 10:52 AM
The other thing that irks me about Bill Maher's show is that they never have a real conservative on to represent our values...it's always some Bush apologist like David Frum, or some establishment hack. I'd love to see the Judge on there or Thomas Woods. What about Rand Paul, I'm sure he'd go on the show as well.

surf
07-19-2011, 11:02 AM
i sent Cuban an RP X-mas card in '07 asking him to endorse RP. i'm sure he got it....

Feeding the Abscess
07-19-2011, 01:02 PM
The other thing that irks me about Bill Maher's show is that they never have a real conservative on to represent our values...it's always some Bush apologist like David Frum, or some establishment hack. I'd love to see the Judge on there or Thomas Woods. What about Rand Paul, I'm sure he'd go on the show as well.

Rand wouldn't do well on Maher. He'd have to drop his red meat way of speaking, which he won't (for obvious reasons). Woods would do great, as he wouldn't have to worry about potentially losing his constituency. Judge does well wherever he goes, another excellent choice.

trey4sports
07-19-2011, 01:06 PM
bump, anyone watch the show and can tell me what he said?

anyway, thanks for the insight guys :) In the short clip i saw it looked like him and Maher laughing so i was thinking maybe he turned to the darkside.

P.S. I like Maher, he's a funny dude and snarky but he has no clue about personal freedom

kahless
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Bill Maher is ultimately an Obama supporter that stands against many of Ron Paul's beliefs. It is absolutely amazing that people in this forum buy into him. I respect peoples beliefs but what is with the support for a man that displays such vitriolic hate towards all Christian religions here? Most people of faith including myself are not intolerant and respect the beliefs of non-believers. I have no reason to attack people like Bill Maher based on his beliefs however he crosses line with his hateful attacks against all Christians as a whole.

I saw the show and it was the worst display of vile hate towards Jesus, the Bible and Christians that I have ever heard on national TV. It was also the most time I have ever seen anyone spend on vitriolic hate against Palin, her family and Bachmann. I do not agree with some of their politics but attacking them in this manner, their families and their appearance? Anyone believe that is acceptable and would be allowed by the MSM if the person being attacked was a Progressive?

I also have no use for him or those on the panel including Cuban whom all should have gotten up and walked out. I hope the panelists that laughed along with that hate monger are suspend from their editorial positions. Unbelievable this display of prejudice was not big news with Maher being suspended and forced to apologize or lose his show. But I guess that only happens if Obama, Progressives or the beliefs of Progressives are attacked in that manner.

The day Ron goes back on this hate mongers show or Rand for that matter is the day I stop supporting them.

COpatriot
07-19-2011, 01:49 PM
I enjoy Maher's humor and his talking points on religion, neocons, and the wars but he is completely lost on topics like economics and his love for universal healthcare.

AuH20
07-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I enjoy Maher's humor and his talking points on religion, neocons, and the wars but he is completely lost on topics like economics and his love for universal healthcare.

And the guy hates people from rural america something fierce. It is an irrational hate to boot. He's supposedly a superior cosmopolitan creature.

Tom in NYC
07-19-2011, 01:53 PM
And the guy hates people from rural america something fierce. It is an irrational hate to boot. He's supposedly a superior cosmopolitan creature.

He equates being religious with being backward and stupid. I think religion is stupid, but lots of smart people, myself included, do and think lots and lots of dumb things. With nearly everything, the more critical of something he is, the more I like him, but the more he actually advocates something, the dumber he sounds.

specsaregood
07-19-2011, 01:58 PM
The day Ron goes back on this hate mongers show or Rand for that matter is the day I stop supporting them.

b.s. If that is the case,then you might as well stop supporting them now. Dr. Paul has said many times he'll go anywhere he has an opportunity to spread the message to an audience.

COpatriot
07-19-2011, 02:07 PM
b.s. If that is the case,then you might as well stop supporting them now. Dr. Paul has said many times he'll go anywhere he has an opportunity to spread the message to an audience.

Hell, Ron is the GOP candidate Maher could actually bring himself to compliment. He went on CNN and said something like "I would vote for Ron Paul. I think he's very genuine. He's not a panderer like the rest of these guys are. I think he's cut from a very different fabric." Or something similar to that.

PastaRocket848
07-19-2011, 02:16 PM
bill maher's show is great. it's the only reason i miss HBO. i don't have to agree with the man to enjoy his comedy. he gives a good "left perspective" quite often. i don't agree with it, but he articulates it well and is genuine in his beliefs.

jmdrake
07-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Ron Paul has been on Bill Maher, The Tonight Show, Daily Show, Colbert, Meet the Press, PBS, and so on. Why did he go on those shows? Doesn't he know none of those hosts are as conservatively libertarian as he is?

+rep for saying what I was about to post.

jmdrake
07-19-2011, 02:44 PM
bump, anyone watch the show and can tell me what he said?

anyway, thanks for the insight guys :) In the short clip i saw it looked like him and Maher laughing so i was thinking maybe he turned to the darkside.

P.S. I like Maher, he's a funny dude and snarky but he has no clue about personal freedom

And that's a good reason for someone who does know about freedom to go on his show. It's about educating the audience.

junkmonkey
07-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Does anyone have a video of the episode? I enjoy Maher's show, even though his lack of understanding of economics is utterly frustrating.
Yeah I like the show, but hes too regressive.

ClayTrainor
07-19-2011, 05:21 PM
I haven't found the episode yet, but here's some short clips that have made their way onto the tubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7euoa5NeOzM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH6LsEFkN_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKkKqkZRh1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6SjOmQ-4U

Cuban is swimming in a sea of economic ignorance here.

AGRP
07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
^^^^ "Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower."

Im quickly reminded why I don't watch 99% of TV shows that claim to be intelligent.

I keep it to sports and brain dead shows like Jersey Shore to satisfy my vegetative requirements.

junkmonkey
07-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Look at how Savage and the woman reflexively move their coffee cups when Cuban knocks his over.

matt0611
07-19-2011, 07:52 PM
^^^^ "Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower.""Taxes have never been lower."

Im quickly reminded why I don't watch 99% of TV shows that claim to be intelligent.

I keep it to sports and brain dead shows like Jersey Shore to satisfy my vegetative requirements.

Whats a good rebuttal to their claim? Does it have any truth to it?

Cutlerzzz
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM

Revenue did not collapse until Obama took over. Under Bush tax revenue as a % of GDP was at all time highs(only Clinton had more on average), it was not until the unemployment rate skyrocketed and Obama passed the stimulus(which contained some smaller tax cuts) that revenue dropped to low levels. However, most journalists, leftists, and ordinary people have no idea what the difference between marginal and effective tax rates are, and have no understanding of history; thus, you get the myth of low taxes.

http://pileusblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/us_taxgdp12101.gif

Read the numbers at the bottom and you'll see how much people pay in state, federal, and local combined.

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/downchart_gr.php?year=1900_2010&units=p&title=Revenue%20as%20percent%20of%20GDP

AGRP
07-19-2011, 08:27 PM

The FR and the value of the dollar. Inflation is a tax.

dannno
07-19-2011, 08:40 PM
lol @ the lady who was saying that facebook is improving the economy :rolleyes:

As far as taxes, it is spending that is important to look at. We get taxed for it one way or another.

terp
07-19-2011, 09:28 PM
I think they may be talking top marginal rates. So, technically this is true. However, I think back when the top marginal rate was 70% or somesuch, almost nobody paid it. The problem is that inflation has put many wage earners in reach of the top marginal rate.

jct74
07-20-2011, 12:15 AM
FYI, Reason Magazine's Nick Gillespie will be on the show Friday.

I'll be on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher this Friday at 10PM ET, talking about Reason, The Declaration of Independents, and more with guests Ben Affleck, Donna Brazile, and John Turturro. The episode will be re-broadcast at 11PM ET and several more times during the rest of the week.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/07/19/nick-gillespie-on-hbos-real-ti

AuH20
07-20-2011, 12:16 AM

Taxes have never been lower for cretins who've never paid Federal Income Tax in their lives. LOL

trey4sports
07-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Cuban didn't seem to really work any liberatarian angles from the clips i ended up seeing. In fact he was talking about eliminating the the corporate jet tax loophole, and then raising taxes to balance the budget.... i only caught a couple 1 minutes clips so i may have completely misinterpreted what he said.

Eric21ND
07-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Christ they need someone with half a brain on that show discussing economics. Thomas Woods would eat these kids for breakfast. Cuban essentially folded and said he'd pay more taxes.

matt0611
07-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Christ they need someone with half a brain on that show discussing economics. Thomas Woods would eat these kids for breakfast. Cuban essentially folded and said he'd pay more taxes.

Yeah, I'd love to see someone like Tom Woods or Peter Schiff on there.
It seems they always have these "token" conservatives on there that don't know how to defend any of their positions.

brentwurst
07-24-2011, 08:35 PM
To see this or any other full episodes of Real Time with Bill Maher just google Project Free Tv. O can't remember the exact web site but this will take you there.