PDA

View Full Version : Daily Caller - Says Ron has "all but skipped" Iowa

malkusm
07-18-2011, 02:28 PM
This was posted elsewhere in the forums but deserves a place here as well.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/18/iowa-democrats-launch-video-against-tim-pawlenty/

While others like Mitt Romney, John Huntsman and Ron Paul have all but skipped over the first-in-nation primary state, Pawlenty has invested more for advertising in Iowa than any candidate.

Get this - the words "advertising in Iowa than any candidate" link to this article: http://iowacaucus.com/2011/07/16/pawlenty-makes-200k-ad-wager-largest-yet-in-race/

That article specifically says:

GOP candidates have so far invested just $54,000 in the first-in-the-nation primary state; Texas Rep. Ron Paul accounts for $44,000 of that.

Paul is second in advertising spending at $167,000, and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann has spent $120,000. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum is last with $19,000 spent on advertising.

Yet, Santorum wasn't on the list of those who have "all but skipped over" Iowa.

If you'd like, feel free to send the author an e-mail expressing your displeasure at the mistake (or obviously misleading statement): jeff@dailycaller.com

specsaregood
07-18-2011, 02:31 PM
New Hampshire is the "first-in-nation primary state", iowa is the "first-in-nation caucus state".

malkusm
07-18-2011, 02:37 PM
New Hampshire is the "first-in-nation primary state", iowa is the "first-in-nation caucus state".

Another correction that anyone who e-mails this guy can mention - since in the context of the sentence and article, he obviously was referring to Iowa when he said "primary state." :p

malkusm
07-18-2011, 02:38 PM
And he used that term twice....so it wasn't just a one-off mistake....

specsaregood
07-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Another correction that anyone who e-mails this guy can mention - since in the context of the sentence and article, he obviously was referring to Iowa when he said "primary state." :p

Yes, just further proof the author is either a moron or a lazy pig that doesn't deserve an audience.

dannno
07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Did this dude apologise yet or what?

sailingaway
07-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I'd just leave it. The one that pisses me off are the ones suggesting Ron is doing so much MORE in Iowa than others. All the more surprising when he does well at Ames.

IOWA knows he is there every week.

KurtBoyer25L
07-19-2011, 12:16 AM
I think they edited it, guys. My version has only Romney/Huntsman in the first line & throws a good word to the Paul campaign later in the same paragraph.

Esoteric
07-19-2011, 12:25 AM
chalk one up for the paulites! Article corrected, and quite favorably.

Tarzan
07-19-2011, 01:15 AM
I'm a little confused from this thread and others... check and see if I am getting it right.

RP has skipped Iowa by spending the most money
RP has focused on Iowa more than any candidate
If RP wins he bused in supporters
If RP loses he couldn't organize supporters
Beating RP in Iowa means you win
Losing to RP in Iowa means you win
Beating RP in Iowa means you... can beat him later
Losing to RP in Iowa means... something different in the next article
RP could win this thing... unless he doesn't
RP is in it to win it
RP is running to make a statement

Have I got this all correct???
I feel like I am reading the opening of 'war & peace' or watching 'Sybil' :confused:

To hell with all of these hacks... let's keep winning supporters and voters one at a time. The American crisis boils down to simple math. Skills that seem to be sorely lacking in congress and at the white house. 'The Train' is about to jump the track and these people just don't get it. If anything, we should use the clearest, factual information to try to guide these writers to the truth. If we can get enough of them telling the truth... or simply understanding and thinking it... we could make great headway. I was horrified by the personal opinions of the local news (Dallas channel Four) about the so-called debt crisis. None of them understood the deeper issue... they all thought the debt ceiling should just be raised... WOW!

This type of thinking, and that of writers like the one in the OPs link, show the limited critical thinking of these writers. It just amazes me and makes me a little crazy!... but, I have to constantly remind myself to explain it to them in little pieces. Too much truth at one time can be overwhelming for them.

sigh...

Napoleon's Shadow
07-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Have I got this all correct???
I feel like I am reading the opening of 'war & peace' or watching 'Sybil' :confused:
1984 newsspeak.

War is peace
Work is freedom
etc

erowe1
07-19-2011, 07:22 AM
I'd just leave it. The one that pisses me off are the ones suggesting Ron is doing so much MORE in Iowa than others. All the more surprising when he does well at Ames.

IOWA knows he is there every week.

That's a good point. Coverage like this is probably advantageous for RP.

Ray
07-19-2011, 07:42 AM
They fixed it now.

evilfunnystuff
07-19-2011, 03:44 PM
They fixed it now.

Wow, I assumed by "fix it" you meant they deleted all mention of his name.

Ron Paul, who’s kicked up his efforts in the Hawkeye State, recently hit 14 percent in the polls — just behind Mitt Romney.