PDA

View Full Version : La Times Poll

kylejack
06-12-2007, 02:47 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/la-na-poll12jun12,0,6280343.story?page=3&track=mostviewed-storylevel

No Ron Paul.

Q: If the Republican primary or caucus for president were being held in your state today and the candidates were Sen. Sam Brownback (Kan.), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, former Gov. Mike Huckabee (Ark.), Rep. Duncan Hunter (Calif.), Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), former Gov. Mitt Romney (Mass.), Rep. Tom Tancredo (Colo.), former Gov. Tommy G. Thompson (Wis.) and actor and former Sen. Fred Thompson (Tenn.), for whom would you vote? (Includes leaners*; among people who say they'll vote Republican in the primary)

Republican primary voters
Giuliani 27%
Fred Thompson 21%
McCain 12%
Romney 10%
Gingrich 9%
Huckabee 3%
Tommy Thompson 2%
Hunter 1%
Brownback --
Tancredo --
Other 1%
Don't know 14%

IRO-bot
06-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Cast your vote in our unscientific poll for your favorite Republican candidate or non-candidate for President.
0.8%
Sam Brownback
0.2%
Jim Gilmore
10.9%
Rudy Giuliani
2.8%
Mike Huckabee
1.3%
Duncan Hunter
2.9%
John McCain
24.0%
Ron Paul
7.2%
Mitt Romney
2.5%
Tom Tancredo
46.1%
Fred Thompson
1.2%
Tommy Thompson
24497 total responses

Notive Tancredo doesn't show on the website it'self.

MsDoodahs
06-12-2007, 02:53 PM
The mainstream is terrified of him!

To me, this kind of display shows how very powerful Dr. Paul's message is. :)

Henry
06-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I emailed them with my concerns about ommiting RP. Here is the response I received.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for your note. Ron Paul apparently was little mentioned when individuals who participated in this poll were asked their preferences. Of the 1,183 adults phoned for this poll, only six mentioned a candidate other than those you see listed. Rep. Paul gets less than 1%.

We'll pass along your point of view to editors who oversee the poll.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Jamie Gold
Readers' representative"

MsDoodahs
06-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Bullshit response, since there are other candidates listed with no totals, just dashes.

It's about keeping his name out of the mainstream.

Henry
06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Bullshit response, since there are other candidates listed with no totals, just dashes.

It's about keeping his name out of the mainstream.

I was so tempted to pursue it further, but realized that I most likely be pisisng in the wind with these jerks.

FluffyUnbound
06-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I emailed them with my concerns about ommiting RP. Here is the response I received.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for your note. Ron Paul apparently was little mentioned when individuals who participated in this poll were asked their preferences. Of the 1,183 adults phoned for this poll, only six mentioned a candidate other than those you see listed. Rep. Paul gets less than 1%.

We'll pass along your point of view to editors who oversee the poll.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Jamie Gold
Readers' representative"

What a #$%^&%^ $%^&*.

I guess that means that the poll results would still be valid if they took Giuliani's name out and relied on respondents to correct the pollster.

Email her back and use some profanity.

GoRonPaul
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Paul leads the "2nd tier" when they actually put his name in the poll:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/06/12/poll-romney-surges-past-giuliani-mccain-in-new-hampshire/