PDA

View Full Version : Reporter who blew whistle on Murdoch found dead

RonPaulFanInGA
07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/18/reporter-who-blew-whistle-on-murdoch-found-dead/

The reporter who blew open the phone hacking scandals now threatening to topple News Corporation has been found dead in his London home, according to a report in The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/18/news-of-the-world-sean-hoare).

squarepusher
07-18-2011, 01:06 PM
wtf, I wasn't that interested in this case before, but it looks like things just got real

amonasro
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow!!

Just a coincidence everybody... nothing to see here, move along.

dannno
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Um, ok, this seriously needs to be reported on..

AGRP
07-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Dont mess with the 4th estate.

Sola_Fide
07-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Unreal folks....

ravedown
07-18-2011, 01:11 PM
but he was a drug addict and alcoholic...so c'mon, you can't believe it was foul play-he was a loser people. nothing to see here.

COpatriot
07-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Whacked?

Aratus
07-18-2011, 01:13 PM
murdoch"s closen few evidently often act like soho thugs

he has muddied the political waters here and in the U.K

his agent provacateurs more than equal uncle sam's best

Sola_Fide
07-18-2011, 01:13 PM
but he was a drug addict and alcoholic...so c'mon, you can't believe it was foul play-he was a loser people. nothing to see here.

Srsly?

ravedown
07-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Srsly?

Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbiz reporter who was the first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead, the Guardian has learned.

Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, is said to have been found dead at his Watford home.

Aratus
07-18-2011, 01:16 PM
its a big nasty 32 billion dollar media empire who
now can't acquire SKY due to the many scandals

Aratus
07-18-2011, 01:19 PM
hunter thompson when he headed back to d.c to ask watergater and other questions
as of late was said to have shot his self after guzzling wild turkey for more than 40 years.
is this like what is said to have happened to gadfly hunter thompson? someone was PO'ed!!!!

Aratus
07-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Srsly?

LIFE is often
YES, NO and MAYBE,
or even ALL or
NONE of the above...

PastaRocket848
07-18-2011, 01:24 PM
it's on top of drudge now... big red letters... no one is trying to hide this story....

dannno
07-18-2011, 01:25 PM
it's on top of drudge now... big red letters... no one is trying to hide this story....

Not even Fox News?

Sola_Fide
07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

They really must think we are idiots.

PastaRocket848
07-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Not even Fox News?

nope. mentioned it twice in the hour or so i've had it on in the background.

puppetmaster
07-18-2011, 01:35 PM
really?....wow

mczerone
07-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbiz reporter who was the first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead, the Guardian has learned.

Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, is said to have been found dead at his Watford home.

That's what the NOTW said they dismissed him for, and here it's being reported as fact. Even if he had a current drinking/drug problem, which is entirely unproven at this point, how many people with serious addiction problems are "found dead"? It happens, but usually only to rock stars and others who can spend 40k at a time on their habits.

I don't know how this guy died, but it seems more irresponsible to take the MSM at their word and believe that there was no foul play than to fall back on the conspiracy theory and whole-heatedly believe that he was whacked.

Add to the evidence that local police aren't investigating (they say they are in some stories, they say they aren't in others), when they would at least collect superficial evidence for any junkie found dead, and I'm leaning to powerful people sending a message to any would-be whistle blowers.

PastaRocket848
07-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Add to the evidence that local police aren't investigating (they say they are in some stories, they say they aren't in others), when they would at least collect superficial evidence for any junkie found dead, and I'm leaning to powerful people sending a message to any would-be whistle blowers.

That's not true. Police generally don't do much more than take statements from witnesses and take some pictures when investigating a fatal accidental overdose. Trust me, i've seen plenty. At a murder you'll have a scene for atleast 8-12hrs minimum. I've seen overdose scenes dissipate in a couple hours.

Just the other day there was a double-fatal overdose here in town. Even with TWO people dying at the SAME TIME in the SAME HOUSE (which obviously looks suspicious) the fact that drug paraphenalia was all over the place was enough to bust up the scene and call it an accidental overdose. Scene lasted < 3 hours.

just saying... you'd be surprised much having drugs around a scene can change things in the eyes of investigators. this isn't a unique case, it's common practice.

that said i definitely think murdoch ordered it.

Rael
07-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, because now that the story is already out, Rupert Murdoch benefits by causing him to die suspiciously :rolleyes:

specsaregood
07-18-2011, 03:15 PM

All evidence so far has supported this line of thinking.

dannno
07-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes, because now that the story is already out, Rupert Murdoch benefits by causing him to die suspiciously :rolleyes:

Maybe he had more information that he hadn't released yet :confused:

specsaregood
07-18-2011, 03:18 PM

How do we know he is really dead?

PaulConventionWV
07-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Murderoch did it. No doubt in my mind.

Pick your poison: bullet through the head, OD? Bash him over the head? OD fits into the story and the scene isn't as bad, so I bet that's why they picked it.

Lord Xar
07-18-2011, 04:00 PM

A giant in the news world is found to be compromised and we believe whatever the media throws out as "news" now as they try to dismantle the reporter who broke the story?

Even if he was a drug user, wouldn't be too hard to make sure his drugs weren't diluted enough... etc..

I find this too coincidental in both the reporting of him being a "drug user" (watch, he was found to have died of a drug overdose - case close, end of story), and the fact he broke this story.

squarepusher
07-18-2011, 04:02 PM

testimony at a trial?

PastaRocket848
07-18-2011, 04:05 PM
well, when someone dies without apparent cause and no witnesses, whether or not they are a drug user is an important consideration. no doubt it looks a bit fishy considering the timing and all that, but i wouldn't jump straight to "conspiracy!". the guy may have killed himself, may have overdosed, may have been murdered. toxicology will tell the tale. no one has done anything to insinuate a cover up. they havent even done the autopsy yet! give 'em a chance...

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-18-2011, 04:37 PM
i will say it again, the scandal goes much deeper and involves many more than murdoch

people that wouldn't want to sully their images

iamse7en
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
i will say it again, the scandal goes much deeper and involves many more than murdoch

people that wouldn't want to sully their images

Yes, and I am very curious as what really happened and what they're covering up.

aGameOfThrones
07-18-2011, 11:08 PM
It's ok, people.

Police: Death of News of the World whistleblower ‘not suspicious’

BlackTerrel
07-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Murderoch did it. No doubt in my mind.

Glad it's settled then.

Who benefits from this guy being dead? Not Murdoch IMO. And Murdoch didn't get to where he is by being reckless.

If you have powerful enemies the last thing you do is sit on evidence. Anyone with half a brain would immediately release anything to take away the incentive to take them out.

Pauls' Revere
07-19-2011, 12:24 AM
so, the radio buzzed that Scotland Yard and Mi5 were corrupted by Murdock's org.

affa
07-19-2011, 12:24 AM
well, when someone dies without apparent cause and no witnesses, whether or not they are a drug user is an important consideration. no doubt it looks a bit fishy considering the timing and all that, but i wouldn't jump straight to "conspiracy!". the guy may have killed himself, may have overdosed, may have been murdered. toxicology will tell the tale. no one has done anything to insinuate a cover up. they havent even done the autopsy yet! give 'em a chance...

the very fact that it's so easy to come up with rational explanations why it might have been a natural death is -exactly- why it's so easy to whack somebody in a situation like this. most people don't want to believe the world can possibly be as messed up as it is.

Mach
07-19-2011, 02:49 AM
It has a lot less chance of going to court in the UK now (witness), not to mention an official investigation here.

Plus, it reminds all of the other "insiders" what not to do....... example.

He should have played the lottery the day before... he would have won, I'm sure of it.....

Travlyr
07-19-2011, 03:49 AM
In "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" author John Perkins explains that if the EHM is not successful in peacefully getting people to conform to the needs of the Corporatocracy then "Jackals" are hired to take them out. He talks about the courage (http://www.johnperkins.org/?page_id=12) it takes to defeat the Empire. I often reflect on how much courage Ron Paul has demonstrated throughout his life.

Matthew Zak
07-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Hmmm, that's not weird at all.

puppetmaster
07-19-2011, 04:07 AM
british officials were implicated in this also......scum does not want to be exposed....cammeron

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-19-2011, 04:34 AM
yeah, they are running mad

a boat with that many leaks can't stay afloat

Romulus
07-19-2011, 06:34 AM
"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

No, they just really don't care what the powerless slave think. They do as they please

pacelli
07-19-2011, 07:51 AM
In a sense it is a drug problem. Propaganda is a drug.

pacelli
07-19-2011, 07:54 AM
By the way, I'm watching murdoch's testimony live right now at http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/live-news-6105570

It is amazing to me how stupid Murdoch is.. I mean, the guy doesn't know the answers to any of the questions about his company. Amazing how these guys play dumb under questioning. Especially one that controls so much of the news. How can a news guy be so uninformed?

DamianTV
07-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Accordingly, he feared for his life:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016132/Sean-Hoare-dead-No-involved-phone-hacking-whistleblowers-death.html

Mini-Me
07-21-2011, 04:45 AM
While Hoare's death is very suspicious - and all of the drug/alcohol/etc. smears are obvious attempts at character assassination/ad hominem attacks/poisoning the well - I think it's a lot more complicated than "obvious foul play."

I wouldn't put it past Murdoch and his goons to kill one person, twenty people, or a billion people for gain or out of malice/revenge, but doing it now would have likely been horrible timing on their part. The logical time to kill the guy was either before he blew the whistle (to keep a lid on it) or perhaps some time from now, once the media storm died down (to send a subtle message to other whistleblowers without being too obvious). We may not have a whole lot of power against the lords of media, but they do care enough about what we think to manipulate us into rallying behind whatever they want (it's their specialty, after all). It's important to note that the power elite are probably not a big happy family: They have infighting, and the recent developments seem to indicate a change in the status quo, where others may be sensing weakness in Murdoch and going in for the kill. (Whenever someone powerful is outed for corruption, I rarely think they're actually more corrupt than the rest; it usually just says to me that they pissed off enough people that things reached a tipping point.) Sean Hoare's death is adding fuel to the fire that might destroy Murdoch's fiefdom, so the timing was quite inconvenient for him. (Heck, a rival could have even killed him off to frame Murdoch in the court of public opinion. ;))

That said, the corruption in Murdoch's companies seems pervasive. There are probably a lot of other potential whistleblowers we don't know about, and they may have even more damning information. Despite the intense scrutiny, killing off Hoare may still have been a logical way to threaten any further talkers. We already know from the scandal itself that the cops have been known to fear Murdoch and give him a wide berth, so he probably could have counted on them to find nothing suspicious, especially if they thought his reign might survive the scandal. In that sense, killing off Hoare could have been a desperate attempt to regain control and restore fear in the hearts of Murdoch's subjects.

In short, it's suspicious, but it's a tough call.

Dark_Horse_Rider
07-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Yeah the media keeps saying murdoch,

but you can bet there are many more officials involved

Aratus
07-21-2011, 02:42 PM
let's hope murdoch was not trying to have a potus and a chosen P.M
in his two hip pockets. i had always wondered about sanford's fleet
of ready tango cesnas or even the big cash ripoffs of mccain + romney.