PDA

View Full Version : 'Blue Republicans' to hit Iowa Radio!

DDkrutsinger
07-18-2011, 08:53 AM
I will be joining Iowa Democrat Ed Fallon on his radio show Fallon Forum (www.fallonforum.com)Friday(22nd) 2pm to discuss encouraging anti-war advocates regardless of party to vote for Ron Paul in the Ames Straw Poll and Iowa Caucus. Listen live if you are in the Des Moines area on 98.3, live stream on the website (http://www.983wowfm.com/) and/or call it to join the conversation: (866) 908-TALK.

Ed Fallon is a prominent Iowa Dem who is a former state Representative, and former candidate for congress and governor.

I am a Iowa libertarian who ran for state house last year, as well as a medical student and Paul supporter. I started the site Republican for a Day (www.Republican4aday.com), advocating exactly what Robin Koerner discussed in his article about 'Blue Republicans', before it became popular.

This is also part of a grassroots local Iowa media blitz, check here (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ron-Paul-2012-Local-Media-Blitz/236969689657129) in the upcoming weeks for more information on how you can participate in advocating for Dr. Paul in the Iowa media.

Thanks All!

CaptUSA
07-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks, but just be careful not to turn off republicans. Many of them will be against anything a democrat does just because of red team vs. blue team mentality.

specsaregood
07-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks, but just be careful not to turn off republicans. Many of them will be against anything a democrat does just because of red team vs. blue team mentality.

If anything he should address that in the interview if possible. ie: I would think republicans would want a candidate that can steal obama's base from him, especially so if he can do so by expousing conservative principles such as requring a declaration of war and limiting oversea expenditures.

DDkrutsinger
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks Capt for the advice. I will be careful, I think I have a way of articulating it in a way that makes it palatable to most people. On a side note, the timing is great, because at the same time Limbagh will be on a different radio station, so all the R's will likely be tuned in to hear the big bloat, leaving me free to advocate to the Dems and Independents on Fallon's Show.

CaptUSA
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
If anything he should address that in the interview if possible. ie: I would think republicans would want a candidate that can steal obama's base from him.

Yeah, I agree. Instead of making him seem like a liberals best friend, make him seem like a big tent candidate.

DDkrutsinger
07-18-2011, 09:06 AM
If anything he should address that in the interview if possible. ie: I would think republicans would want a candidate that can steal obama's base from him, especially so if he can do so by expousing conservative principles such as requring a declaration of war and limiting oversea expenditures.

I like that, unfortuantaly, a statement like that would possibly turn off any Dem support I'm seeking. Going to be hard to strike a good balance, but I think I can.

Bruno
07-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I listen to that show occasionally. Should be a great conversation with him. Good luck!

specsaregood
07-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I like that, unfortuantaly, a statement like that would possibly turn off any Dem support I'm seeking. Going to be hard to strike a good balance, but I think I can.

Exactly like CaptUSA said, "big tent". I'd also make sure to mention that in RP's ideology liberals would have more power to transform their state, rather than ceding power to a federal government that is controlled by conservatives half the time.

DDkrutsinger
07-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I listen to that show occasionally. Should be a great conversation with him. Good luck!

Thanks Bruno, call in if you can. I think calling is support is great, but it is even more ideal if it is from a local and non-republican (not sure your party status).

sailingaway
07-18-2011, 09:15 AM

I think the way Dustin put it is perfect 'people regardless of party', not 'Democrats' per se, although if these are the issues driving them to be Democrats I can certainly see where they might not feel represented by Obama.

Also PLEASE remember it isn't just the war but civil liberties, the TSA etc where Ron is the only candidate of either major party representing the people's interests. I think that issue is ripe. Bachmann voted for the Patriot Act, for example.

Altogether, a great job! I'll try to catch it if I can at the live stream

Bruno
07-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks Bruno, call in if you can. I think calling is support is great, but it is even more ideal if it is from a local and non-republican (not sure your party status).

Thanks, I will see if I can get through and get on as an Independent.

speciallyblend
07-18-2011, 09:44 AM

i know you will make us all proud:) make sure you get a link to a mp3/mp4 after the show is over! I wanna hear this, Ron Paul 2012!! go get'em;)

speciallyblend
07-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Exactly like CaptUSA said, "big tent". I'd also make sure to mention that in RP's ideology liberals would have more power to transform their state, rather than ceding power to a federal government that is controlled by conservatives half the time.

great suggestion!!

DDkrutsinger
07-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Bump/Its official! Just in Fallon Forum subjects for the week (http://fallonforum.com/?p=815), includes this:

"Friday at 2:00, political blogger Dustin Krutsinger proposes we all become Republicans for a day. If he’s got Iowa Caucus Day, 2012, in mind, then we might be on the same page."

sailingaway
07-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Bump/Its official! Just in Fallon Forum subjects for the week (http://fallonforum.com/?p=815), includes this:

"Friday at 2:00, political blogger Dustin Krutsinger proposes we all become Republicans for a day. If he’s got Iowa Caucus Day, 2012, in mind, then we might be on the same page."

Excellent!