PDA

View Full Version : How to Make RP vids

progrock
10-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Hi i'm thinking about putting together a youtube-like video and i'm curious of what software and methods are used.

margomaps
10-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Are you on a Windows, Mac, or Linux box? (that's a multiple choice question, not a yes/no question. :) )

eloquensanity
10-31-2007, 05:26 PM
There are some How to videos on you tube.

:)

BLS
10-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Windows has a built in Movie Maker.

Play with it. It's not really that tough. Took me a couple of days to figure it out.

progrock
10-31-2007, 05:42 PM
xp pro is my OS. yeah i used movie maker to compress the youtube vids i made from the nashville campaign. but what i want to do is take a song and sync it to some video.

nayjevin
10-31-2007, 05:46 PM
if you do this as a hobby, fine, but honestly, if you're just learning this now, there are much better ways to help the campaign, and many other talented (and experienced) movie makers out there. but for fun, go for it.

try adobe after effects, and adobe premier. other handy tools include virtual dub and photoshop.

search the web for tutorials: 'adobe after effects tutorials'. also, read the documentation included in the licensed copy you have just purchased.

AFTFNJ
10-31-2007, 06:15 PM
You can download the above programs using a program called Bitcommet http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download.htm.

Once you have bit downloaded & installed bit, you can go to ISOhunt.com & download the full version of the programs listed above. Try the full version before you buy it!:D

progrock
10-31-2007, 06:17 PM
You can download the above programs using a program called Bitcommet http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download.htm.

Once you have bit downloaded & installed bit, you can go to ISOhunt.com & download the full version of the programs listed above. Try the full version before you buy it!:D

i use utorrent and i'm aware of that. ty though.
just trying to find an easy way to make a vid.

Ninja Homer
10-31-2007, 06:20 PM
If you are just starting to play around, there are some free editors available. You'll have to search for them. YouTube has their own for free:
http://www.youtube.com/ytremixer_about

I use Adobe Premiere Elements, but I've used Premiere Pro quite a bit in the past, so it's what I'm used to. They all do about the same thing, it's just a matter of getting used to the program.

Write out a script for the general flow of what you want your video to be. Rendering the video can take some time, so it's usually quicker to plan it all out ahead of time.

I've found that the hardest part of making RP videos is finding good footage to work with. I'd like to put together DVD quality videos, but it's near impossible to find high quality footage to work with.

I like soundtracks from epic movies for background music. Almost anything by Hans Zimmer works well. If you use music with a lot of singing, any talking in video clips can get muddled.

Good luck!

progrock
10-31-2007, 06:27 PM
thats what i was looking for ty ninja

aravoth
10-31-2007, 06:56 PM
I used adobe premiere for a loooong time. I wound up using Movie Maker for my Ron Pauls Vids due to a computer crash, loosing all my data, and my idiot brother making off with my software, then moving to another state :mad:. I got it all back now thank god, sucks to loose software that is that expenisive.

Movie maker is suprisingly capable. It's not a bad place to start.