PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Rick Perry will hurt Ron Paul's chances for running for President?

IRONCLAD
07-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Rick Perry - http://www.governor.state.tx.us/
Ron Paul - http://www.paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

I feel if Rick Perry tosses his hat into the ring before this next debate and the Iowa straw poll, he'll take votes away from Ron Paul.
Keep in mind Rick Perry is no Ron Paul, but Rick Perry has done a few good thing for the State of Texas.

I believe if Mr. Perry would endorse Ron Paul for President, that should push Ron Paul way past the rest of the pack.

RonPaulVolunteer
07-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Nope. Next.

CaseyJones
07-17-2011, 08:51 PM
dude rick perry is totally not tea party, the man lies and wears what ever hat suits the day he started as a democrat and takes more lobbyist money then half of congress

IRONCLAD
07-17-2011, 08:54 PM
LOL, that's funny...thanks

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 08:54 PM
only in the sense that he is the head of the establishment GOP in Texas so the fun and games at the caucuses may ramp up again.... But not in the popular sentiment, no. He may confuse some people who don't follow politics that he is 'tea party', and take some of those who floated from Trump to Cain to Bachmann from Bachmann, but mostly he'll split the establishment vote.

lol! Him endorse Ron? Never going to happen, and Ron would never remotely look for it happening. Perry is a globalist. Ron is an antidote.

IRONCLAD
07-17-2011, 08:55 PM
dude rick perry is totally not tea party, the man lies and wears what ever hat suits the day he started as a democrat and takes more lobbyist money then half of congress

See, I don't know this stuff, is why I'm asking. Trust me, I wasn't even planning on voting for him. I had a hunch he was a Neo-con, but didn't know much about him other then what little I've heard.

SamuraisWisdom
07-17-2011, 08:59 PM
He will at first only because he'll be the next "newest" thing. But once his record is exposed and people realize he's no different from the rest of the candidates Ron will recover and maybe even benefit.

CaseyJones
07-17-2011, 09:06 PM
more stuff on perry http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298160-The-RICK-PERRY-DECEPTI-CON-THREAD-Facts-on-Perry&highlight=perry

trey4sports
07-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Rick Perry - http://www.governor.state.tx.us/
Ron Paul - http://www.paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

I feel if Rick Perry tosses his hat into the ring before this next debate and the Iowa straw poll, he'll take votes away from Ron Paul.
Keep in mind Rick Perry is no Ron Paul, but Rick Perry has done a few good thing for the State of Texas.

I believe if Mr. Perry would endorse Ron Paul for President, that should push Ron Paul way past the rest of the pack.

1. yes, its a legitimate concern to have. Even though we know he's not really a small government guy it is perception that counts to the general population....
I believe he will eat up a lot of Romney and Bachmanns support though. Remember our support is deep, even though it may not be as wide as Romney's the majority of support will be taken from Romney and Bachmann i believe.

2. no way he endorses Ron.

musicmax
07-17-2011, 09:29 PM
He will steal some hairdressers from Mittens.

parocks
07-17-2011, 09:34 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/2007/12/01/highway-to-hell.html

Ron Paul: Perry's Bilderberg Attendance Proof Governor Part Of "International Conspiracy"
Agrees that Perry should be investigated for potentially violating the Logan Act
http://www.infowars.com/articles/nwo/bilderberg_perry_attendance_proof_gov_part_of_inte rnational_conspiracy.htm

Speaking on the Alex Jones Show yesterday, Congressman and presidential
candidate Ron Paul agreed that Perry should be investigated for a potential violation of the Logan Act.

"This information about him going over there and violating the Logan Act and getting involved - I'm just impressed
that that's in the ordinary media - I think that's encouraging too," said the Congressman.

Paul said that Perry's attendance was "A sign that he's involved in the international conspiracy."

Perry's press secretary declined to give a statement when we called and denied any knowledge of the Logan Act,
yet seemed to be fully aware of it in claiming Bilderberg was a private meeting. Since the Logan Act also
bars private citizens from negotiating with foreign officials, Perry is still violating the law.

MJU1983
07-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Nope. Next.

^ + 1

Anti Federalist
07-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Governor Gardasil? Bilderberg Rick?

Endorse Ron?

LoL

No, he won't hurt Ron's chances, although I could see him muddying the waters.

afwjam
07-17-2011, 10:02 PM
we need Perry to enter the race. His presence will further weaken the other candidates, leaving us stronger. We are in it till the end, most of the campaigns will fizzle out before then.

libertybrewcity
07-17-2011, 10:06 PM
nah

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 10:17 PM
See, I don't know this stuff, is why I'm asking. Trust me, I wasn't even planning on voting for him. I had a hunch he was a Neo-con, but didn't know much about him other then what little I've heard.

Have you heard about the 'Texas Toll Road'? Because that is Perry.

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 10:19 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/2007/12/01/highway-to-hell.html

Ron Paul: Perry's Bilderberg Attendance Proof Governor Part Of "International Conspiracy"
Agrees that Perry should be investigated for potentially violating the Logan Act
http://www.infowars.com/articles/nwo/bilderberg_perry_attendance_proof_gov_part_of_inte rnational_conspiracy.htm

candidate Ron Paul agreed that Perry should be investigated for a potential violation of the Logan Act.

"This information about him going over there and violating the Logan Act and getting involved - I'm just impressed
that that's in the ordinary media - I think that's encouraging too," said the Congressman.

Paul said that Perry's attendance was "A sign that he's involved in the international conspiracy."

Perry's press secretary declined to give a statement when we called and denied any knowledge of the Logan Act,
yet seemed to be fully aware of it in claiming Bilderberg was a private meeting. Since the Logan Act also
bars private citizens from negotiating with foreign officials, Perry is still violating the law.

I'm sure Ron didn't use the words 'international conspiracy', I suspect those are just scare quotes to make him look batty when he discusses globalism which is an ideology some have.

IRONCLAD
07-17-2011, 10:19 PM
more stuff on perry http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298160-The-RICK-PERRY-DECEPTI-CON-THREAD-Facts-on-Perry&highlight=perry

Thanks, he can't stand a chance against Ron Paul.... thanks again.

parocks
07-17-2011, 10:21 PM
No, Perry is the most evil candidate. We don't want a field populated with evil candidates.

Bachmann will collapse.

We should fight hard against Perry now and not stop. He is The Worst.

Has Ron Paul said anything this bad about any other Presidential Candidate?

we need Perry to enter the race. His presence will further weaken the other candidates, leaving us stronger. We are in it till the end, most of the campaigns will fizzle out before then.

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks, he can't stand a chance against Ron Paul.... thanks again.

Well, he'll have money and media and the establishment behind him, so of course he stands a chance, it is just that if his views are known, he won't appeal to the same people Ron will appeal to, so he won't take votes from Ron.

IRONCLAD
07-17-2011, 10:22 PM

Ok, I feel better now and I hope this to be the case.

parocks
07-17-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm sure Ron didn't use the words 'international conspiracy', I suspect those are just scare quotes to make him look batty when he discusses globalism which is an ideology some have.

It looks like a direct quote. This was in 2007. Conspiracy people made up a large percentage of RPs support at the beginning. Part of that original 2% he started with.
This was on the Alex Jones show, you don't think it's quite believeable when Ron Paul is talking to Alex Jones for RP to use the words "international conspiracy"?

Paul4Prez
07-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Does a mosquito slow down a semi when it hits the windshield?

V4Vendetta
07-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Anyone dumb enough to vote for him, is better off. Perry will only increase Paul's odds

LibertyEagle
07-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Perry is a globalist. Ron is an antidote.

^^^
That is all.

parocks
07-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Don't feel that way.

More candidates in, more candidates we have to beat. I'd want to hear a detailed analysis that holds up to rigorous scrutiny.

I'd rather have Palin in there, because I would say that Palin is not evil, like Perry is. And Palin called Ron Paul cool. And she endorsed Rand.

Eventually, you have to go head to head with somebody. Who would you want Ron Paul going head to head with, until the finish?

And why?

Do you want the people Ron Paul is competing with be people who hate Ron Paul, or who like Ron Paul?
The answer is Like Ron Paul. And Paul hates Perry and Perry hates Paul. And it appears that Palin likes Paul. RP's comments haven't been entirely positive
about Palin, but his comments haven't been entirely critical.

Ron Paul, it appears, will not be a US Rep in 2013. If RP was to lose to Palin, would Palin give him Sec. Treasury? Or VP? Would Perry? Perry would probably want to keep him from getting a speaking spot.

Ok, I feel better now and I hope this to be the case.

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 11:01 PM
It looks like a direct quote. This was in 2007. Conspiracy people made up a large percentage of RPs support at the beginning. Part of that original 2% he started with.
This was on the Alex Jones show, you don't think it's quite believeable when Ron Paul is talking to Alex Jones for RP to use the words "international conspiracy"?

The AP puts quotes around things that aren't quotes sometimes, and imply it is a concept 'referred to as' whatever, not necessarily referred to as that by the speaker. That just isn't Ron's language. He speaks of globalism and internationalism and dueling ideologies not a conspiracy of globalism, he does occasionally refer to the 'new world order', but that is in its proper context, not as a 'conspiracy'. (See, that is how they use the quotes.)

Zachary
07-17-2011, 11:03 PM
He will make it impossible for Ron to win the Texas primary. He is also likely to win South Carolina. P.T. Barnum said there is one born every minute. George and Laura Bush do not like him but this does not mean a lot of their monied supporters won't find their way to his camp.

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Don't feel that way.

More candidates in, more candidates we have to beat. I'd want to hear a detailed analysis that holds up to rigorous scrutiny.

I'd rather have Palin in there, because I would say that Palin is not evil, like Perry is. And Palin called Ron Paul cool. And she endorsed Rand.

Eventually, you have to go head to head with somebody. Who would you want Ron Paul going head to head with, until the finish?

And why?

Do you want the people Ron Paul is competing with be people who hate Ron Paul, or who like Ron Paul?
The answer is Like Ron Paul. And Paul hates Perry and Perry hates Paul. And it appears that Palin likes Paul. RP's comments haven't been entirely positive

Ron Paul, it appears, will not be a US Rep in 2013. If RP was to lose to Palin, would Palin give him Sec. Treasury? Or VP? Would Perry? Perry would probably want to keep him from getting a speaking spot.

There will be one 'conservative/Reagan Republican' (the old fashioned use of the term when the Bush's were on the other side) and one Rockefeller Republican. Romney, Huntsman and Perry are all the latter, although Perry is trying to epoxy on a tea party shell.

All the others are on the other side (well, except Pawlenty whom I am counting out altogether.) It isn't a matter of saying we would rather have it end up between Ron and Palin, that just isn't going to happen, because if Ron and Palin split the conservatives that much, the Rockefeller clone, whichever of the three it is, will win. Right now the 'pre primary' tussel is for the conservative mantel, the Reagan/Goldwater conservative slot.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2011, 11:08 PM
He will make it impossible for Ron to win the Texas primary. He is also likely to win South Carolina. P.T. Barnum said there is one born every minute. George and Laura Bush do not like him but this does not mean a lot of their monied supporters won't find their way to his camp.

Not necessarily. I think Perry will totally melt during a debate. All he really knows how to do is smile.

If you have never watched the Gubernatorial debates with Medina and Perry, you really should. Good fun. Perry was brought to his knees.

mit26chell
07-17-2011, 11:09 PM
You mean Al Gore's former campaign manager before switching to the republican party, Rick Perry?

Not a chance in hell he'll take votes from Ron to the point that it would effect Ron.

parocks
07-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Your analysis is accurate. How does it work then, with RP, Palin, and Romney in the race. At some point. March 1 (without looking at the calendar).

What happens?

Basically, Let's say it's Palin 40, Romney 35, Paul 25. Which is a plausible scenario. As is Palin 50, Romney 30 Paul 20.

What is Ron Paul going to do in this scenarios?

There will be one 'conservative/Reagan Republican' (the old fashioned use of the term when the Bush's were on the other side) and one Rockefeller Republican. Romney, Huntsman and Perry are all the latter, although Perry is trying to epoxy on a tea party shell.

All the others are on the other side (well, except Pawlenty whom I am counting out altogether.) It isn't a matter of saying we would rather have it end up between Ron and Palin, that just isn't going to happen, because if Ron and Palin split the conservatives that much, the Rockefeller clone, whichever of the three it is, will win. Right now the 'pre primary' tussel is for the conservative mantel, the Reagan/Goldwater conservative slot.

parocks
07-18-2011, 01:36 AM
It's a long quote. not just 2 words in quotes, but a 10 word or so quote.

The AP puts quotes around things that aren't quotes sometimes, and imply it is a concept 'referred to as' whatever, not necessarily referred to as that by the speaker. That just isn't Ron's language. He speaks of globalism and internationalism and dueling ideologies not a conspiracy of globalism, he does occasionally refer to the 'new world order', but that is in its proper context, not as a 'conspiracy'. (See, that is how they use the quotes.)

parocks
07-18-2011, 01:40 AM
http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/310507_perry_globalist.html

Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) stated today on the Alex Jones Show regarding Perry's announced attendance at the Bilderberg meeting that it "sure is a sign that he's very much involved in the international conspiracy and, of course, he's been the promoter of the highway, but wasn't it pretty neat how the people in Texas spoke out and the Legislature also, all of a sudden, backed away with a moratorium."

Ron Paul also added that he was "impressed" that Bilderberg was covered by the "regular media," calling it 'hopeful.'

IRONCLAD
07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
You mean Al Gore's former campaign manager before switching to the republican party, Rick Perry?

Not a chance in hell he'll take votes from Ron to the point that it would effect Ron.

wow, I didnt know that.... damn liberals always trying to trick us.

blakjak
07-19-2011, 09:20 PM
but Rick Perry has done a few good thing for the State of Texas.

like... what?

AlexMerced
07-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Bachmanns Surge is good, it's really early, but it does us the favor of making sure that Romneys lead doesn't seem so insurmountable that he gets the nod by default, the race still look competitive cause of her which keeps all the other bumbleheads in trying to take romney down a notch.

This is like a reality show, the one no one was paying attention to generally wins.

Mccain was no longshot, but most people weren't paying much attention to his campaign, same with Kerry, Clinton, etc.

We're doing good, we are moving up in Iowa and Nationally, while everyone else is moving down.

rockandrollsouls
07-19-2011, 09:34 PM
He'll probably split the vote with Mitt and Bachmann at the beginning but if he gets in he wins, no question. He's already been preselected by the super-elites.

reduen
07-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Nope, in fact I think that Perry would help Dr. Paul out by entering the race....

Corydoras
07-19-2011, 10:10 PM

And why?

I agree. You said it better than I could.

parocks
07-20-2011, 12:59 AM
That's Gingrich

Bachmanns Surge is good, it's really early, but it does us the favor of making sure that Romneys lead doesn't seem so insurmountable that he gets the nod by default, the race still look competitive cause of her which keeps all the other bumbleheads in trying to take romney down a notch.

This is like a reality show, the one no one was paying attention to generally wins.

Mccain was no longshot, but most people weren't paying much attention to his campaign, same with Kerry, Clinton, etc.

We're doing good, we are moving up in Iowa and Nationally, while everyone else is moving down.

wgadget
07-20-2011, 07:08 AM
You must mean Rick "Bilderberg" Perry?

IRONCLAD
07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.nhteapartycoalition.org/tea/2011/06/23/rick-perry/

Ok, I found this. He's a Do as I say, not as I do.

He's a true idiot!

Thanks for the eye opener folks.

IRONCLAD
07-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Damn, can't believe I was falling for what people were saying about him on TV. I was listening to hearsy about him.

I can't find one good thing about him. He's the same run of the mill as Mitt Robama.

http://www.nhteapartycoalition.org/tea/2011/06/23/rick-perry/