PDA

View Full Version : Iowa "We The People" Newspaper Ad this year?

Aden
07-17-2011, 07:31 PM
I searched the forums and it does not look like this is being discussed. Is there any interest in doing another Iowa newspaper ad similar to the We the People ad from 2007?

svobody
07-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Anybody remember how much it cost?

My question would simply be bang for the buck (vs spending the money on other marketing endeavours).

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 08:30 PM
A Texas meetup is trying to put out their own run of newspapers on Ron Paul for some single digit thousands number (I'm thinking $6000 but I don't remember.) That would be better bang for the buck for donatios, imho, particularly if people can set them out places people will see them. They are new, and should catch the eye. They posted what the first page would look like here a few days ago. They want it out for the straw poll.

Here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?303032-Page-1-Iowa-Grassroots-Newspaper-Online&highlight=newspaper+iowa

Eric21ND
07-17-2011, 08:43 PM
It would be cool to do that again. We should also consider running his statement of faith in newspapers, maybe on a sunday edition ;)

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 08:45 PM
From For Liberty, I'm remembering it cost $70,000. Do you think that is the best use of that money?

cdc482
07-17-2011, 09:02 PM
I think its a good use...

Aden
07-17-2011, 09:08 PM
From For Liberty, I'm remembering it cost $70,000. Do you think that is the best use of that money?

I believe that was for the USA Today ad that Leapord paid for. The Iowa ad was a separate deal.

trey4sports
07-17-2011, 09:13 PM
A Texas meetup is trying to put out their own run of newspapers on Ron Paul for some single digit thousands number (I'm thinking $6000 but I don't remember.) That would be better bang for the buck for donatios, imho, particularly if people can set them out places people will see them. They are new, and should catch the eye. They posted what the first page would look like here a few days ago. They want it out for the straw poll.

Here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?303032-Page-1-Iowa-Grassroots-Newspaper-Online&highlight=newspaper+iowa

This project has been fully funded and should be ready to go.

As to anything else proposed, its probably just better to give the money to the campaign.

IndianaPolitico
07-18-2011, 08:48 AM
I remember that ad, it was very nice! I think that we should run alot of quarter page ads in the larger Iowa papers. They are cheaper then full page ads but are big enough to draw people's attention.

Bergie Bergeron
07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
I remember that ad, it was very nice! I think that we should run alot of quarter page ads in the larger Iowa papers. They are cheaper then full page ads but are big enough to draw people's attention.
This. I'd chip-in for that.

parocks
07-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Doesn't the campaign handle message? Isn't the campaign doing a good job with message so far?

Anybody remember how much it cost?

My question would simply be bang for the buck (vs spending the money on other marketing endeavours).

parocks
07-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Does Ron Paul have an official campaign in Iowa? The name "Steve" rings a bell? Don't they typically make these buys? Handling the purchasing of adverts in newspapers?

IndianaPolitico
07-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Does Ron Paul have an official campaign in Iowa? The name "Steve" rings a bell? Don't they typically make these buys? Handling the purchasing of adverts in newspapers?

I know that Ron has an official Iowa campaign, and they are doing a great job. I know that they have a great director. But last election the grassroots put together an amazing ad.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?11160-NEWSPAPER-AD-last-minute-push-You-in-or-out
Doing a round of ads this time, would be a great project that maxed out donors could help out with.

Bergie Bergeron
07-18-2011, 09:41 AM
The more the better.

sailingaway
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
I believe that was for the USA Today ad that Leapord paid for. The Iowa ad was a separate deal.

You could be right. I don't know the cost, if that is the case.