PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if correct forum, but when I Google...

Cyclone177
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Ron Paul Forums, the second item that comes up has the stupid thread about how bad the commercial is. This is advertising that negativity all over the world. If any mods can delete the thread or something, IMHO that would be a service to the campaign. Not sure if that would fix it on Google or not, but at least it would be stricken from the record here. Any other thoughts? Feel free to move this thread if in the wrong place.:D

JoshLowry
10-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Yea, that is weird. I'm not sure how google decides what goes there.

I'll see if there is a way to get a more positive thread to show up in it's place.

margomaps
10-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, we can start by not clicking on that google search result when you see it. Google uses a magic, secret formula, but it's almost certainly influenced by the number of times unique searchers click on links after a search.

klamath
10-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Probably not as that is the snap shot that google took of the forum when they reindexed it. We will have to wait until the next time they index it.

me3
10-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Let this serve as notice to people who go "a little overboard" when they use the forum to criticize the campaign. Google sees almost everything. :)

Nefertiti
10-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Move it to hot topics. Then casual visitors and the Google spider won't get to it.

Or go into the database and assign a more positive thread to that id number.

Meatwasp
10-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Move it to hot topics. Then casual visitors and the Google spider won't get to it.

Or go into the database and assign a more positive thread to that id number.

Good idea

davidhperry
10-31-2007, 06:12 PM
If it's deleted it'll be removed from Google. Do we need it anymore? Seems like the conversation is done at this point.

American
10-31-2007, 06:21 PM
I agree delete that useless POS thread. Its closed anyways.

jake
10-31-2007, 06:37 PM
the discussion is over, the commercial is airing, I think the thread should be moved or closed :)