PDA

View Full Version : law and order episode makes libertarian/tea parties = terrorists.

haaaylee
07-17-2011, 03:27 PM
you can watch it here:
http://www.ch131.com/lawandorder2011.htm

i haven't finished it yet but you get where they are going in the first few scenes.

sl7yz0r
07-17-2011, 04:16 PM
This episode made me sick, only got 1/3 through it

Johncjackson
07-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Peace= Terror

wannaberocker
07-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Typical Law and order. I use to love watching Law and order SVU, but they did the same thing in that. Every time they had a center right conservative or libertarian charactor they made them out to be crazy. So this is just how they try to convince the masses that if your for individual freedom your a terrorits and if your for collectavism then your a good person.

Tinnuhana
07-17-2011, 04:55 PM
But I saw one where they all asusmed it was the typical character, and it was someone entirely different with a personal grudge instead of political motivation. Not sure about show or episode, though.

AGRP
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
The brainwash tube lost its credibility years ago.

KCIndy
07-17-2011, 06:21 PM
But I saw one where they all asusmed it was the typical character, and it was someone entirely different with a personal grudge instead of political motivation. Not sure about show or episode, though.

Yeah, but by that time the average "couch spud" viewer has thoroughly assimilated the idea that libertarian/small government proponent equals terrorist threat. :(

Carehn
07-17-2011, 06:23 PM
This is on after the charlie sheen show 2 and something. Its the only TV i will check out. from the 1st 5 mins of every episode i have ever seen I can only assume every one is like what your talking about.

But aside from charlie sheen all of TV sucks. That and when Ron is on fox lol

rawful
07-17-2011, 06:32 PM
The cops trespass and then assault and kidnap him for having rat poison in his garage, but he's the violent criminal people should fear. :rolleyes:

Bern
07-17-2011, 06:34 PM
you can watch it here:

lol. Never watched a single episode of that show and doubt I ever will.

Tinnuhana
07-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Isn't one of the main characters on Bones into conspiracies a bit? He's a credible guy, though has a lot of bad luck (like dating a woman and then finding out she'd rather date another woman).

Invi
07-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Isn't one of the main characters on Bones into conspiracies a bit? He's a credible guy, though has a lot of bad luck (like dating a woman and then finding out she'd rather date another woman).
The bugs and dirt guy. Whose name I can't remember.
Dated Angela.
dfhsk.
Starts with an H. Last name.
I hate that frustrating feeling of KNOWING something but being unable to recall it.

Edit: HODGINS.
I thought it ended with 'ins' but it just wouldn't come out. :|

edit2: To actually be semi-on-topic, yeah, Hodgins is.. usually stable-looking? There are a few times he has come off as a bit kooky but I think overall he's a well-liked character. He's also usually right.

thehungarian
07-17-2011, 08:33 PM
No one takes that show seriously anymore. They're not winning any hearts or minds.

Feeding the Abscess
07-17-2011, 08:42 PM

He ended up marrying that woman.

Nate
07-17-2011, 08:59 PM
lol. Never watched a single episode of that show and doubt I ever will.

That about sums it up for me.

Sola_Fide
07-17-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't watch TV at all except the news very rarely.

The television is a medium of control. The message is chosen for you.

The internet, on the other hand, is a medium of decentralization and freedom (right now).

I think a lot of you guys need to read some Marshall Macluhan and understand that THE MEDIUM IS THE MESSAGE.

NewRightLibertarian
07-17-2011, 09:16 PM
The terrorists control the media, and they are desperately trying to snuff out all human freedom. This does not surprise me. Gary Sinise's garbage show did the same thing last year.

AZKing
07-17-2011, 10:53 PM
LOL, Dick Wolf was running out of ideas. This aired in 2009.

The last season of L&O sucked anyway. Anthony Anderson has no business in serious roles.

If nothing else is on, I usually switch to SVU. No idea why I even still have a TV. I pay like $60/month for the crap and it seems like the advertisements take up 50% of the airtime.

roho76
07-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Release yourself from the TV!!! Go outside and talk to your neighbor about how the town council is ripping you off (more than likely).

AZKing
07-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Release yourself from the TV!!! Go outside and talk to your neighbor about how the town council is ripping you off (more than likely).

Thankfully I live in an unincorporated area ;)

Carehn
07-18-2011, 07:29 AM

Thought criminal!

Rothbardian Girl
07-18-2011, 09:20 AM
I liked the old episodes of Law and Order, although they make it very hard not to sympathize with the police state, which irks me a little bit. I'll watch it for entertainment value, but I would never take anything on that show seriously. The wacko-racist-libertarian episode eventually led to a good conclusion, but I can understand why people here would be turned off by it.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-18-2011, 07:04 PM
No one takes that show seriously anymore. They're not winning any hearts or minds.
Not true unfortunately. There are MILLIONS of older people who love that show..... and that's the same demographic that votes :-(

DamianTV
07-18-2011, 07:10 PM
No intention of watching the video, already got the point. Same way as the intruder Bachman claims to be Tea Party, the MSM promotes her as Tea Party Favorite, and that gives US the bad label due mostly to her and the MSM's douchebagginess. Yeah, I just made that word up.

BlackTerrel
07-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Who do you think you can portray as terrorists without getting tons of angry letters?

Tea party folks is just about the only group.

Freedom 4 all
07-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Typical Law and order. I use to love watching Law and order SVU, but they did the same thing in that. Every time they had a center right conservative or libertarian charactor they made them out to be crazy. So this is just how they try to convince the masses that if your for individual freedom your a terrorits and if your for collectavism then your a good person.

I find SVU to be a very accurate portrayal of law enforcement. Stabler's constant and completely unnecessary brutality gets completely ignored by the chief, and everybody (except Munch) is a complete dick. However, I am actually quite enjoying Criminal Minds. It's a compelling cop drama without too much glorification of statism. I have yet to see libertarians demonized, and politics are very rarely mentioned. Also, seeing as they pretty much exclusively go after serial killers, I can actually find the characters more or less sympathetic. Also, they ALWAYS portray local law enforcement as stupid and incompetent, which usually elicits a chuckle or two.

DamianTV
07-19-2011, 12:21 AM
SVU: Another way of making the public think that "they" are the normal ones, and everyone else is a baby raping sodomizing pedophile piece of shit. Down with Free Speech!

Cop Dramas are nothing more than a fictional way to Fear Monger. Everyone is a Criminal. Everyone is a Murderer. There super duper mega Image Enhancement technologies. Cops can "scan" the area for bullets like they scan the planet for Tiberium Crystals in Star Trek. Everyone now believes everyone else is a Criminal in Waiting, everyone, except themselves.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/humblelibertarian/9ca1b0cc.png

This is how the writers really think CSI works...

http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/csi.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
07-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Again? - UGH!

I wonder if they ever figured out that a bolt action .22 cal rifle is NOT a AK-47...

:rolleyes:

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-19-2011, 10:09 AM
that site has malware advertisements. please don't post hot links

Peace&Freedom
07-19-2011, 10:46 AM
The NBC/USA Universal family of "professional" dramas (showing professionals in a humorous, flattering and reverent light) almost always paint a "default" picture that the private sector in general cannot be trusted, or is potentially loony, negligent, or extremist. Police procedure, even where it involves no real lawful due process, is usually presented as appropriate or at least well intentioned, and can never be questioned by regular mortals. They go out of their way to present people who seek to become knowledgable outside the law enforcement, legal, or medical field to be crooked, or always unreliable (the doctor on Royal Pains frankly tells somebody to "stop reading stuff on the internet" in one episode, even though a lot of that "stuff" is written by doctors).

The shows present political, and especially social liberalism, as the normal position to have, and not subject to questioned if you are a "cool" person. Every reference to abortion and homosexuality must be positive or neutral, with a gay character thrown in to many shows almost by reflex. Is it too much for the shows to represent the other side respectfully, especially considering they make up half the country, and most of the world's population? Where are the prime time shows that inject an evangelical Christian character or conservative Catholic into such dramas, without derision or critcism? You guessed it---no where. As the late Joe Sobran once noted, the Lifetime channel frequently sponsors TV movies about successful feminist figures, where the advocate herself would act as an advisor. "Would they ever collaborate with Phyllis Schafly on a TV movie? Inconceivable."

Freedom 4 all
07-19-2011, 04:16 PM
SVU: Another way of making the public think that "they" are the normal ones, and everyone else is a baby raping sodomizing pedophile piece of shit. Down with Free Speech!

Cop Dramas are nothing more than a fictional way to Fear Monger. Everyone is a Criminal. Everyone is a Murderer. There super duper mega Image Enhancement technologies. Cops can "scan" the area for bullets like they scan the planet for Tiberium Crystals in Star Trek. Everyone now believes everyone else is a Criminal in Waiting, everyone, except themselves.

Actually in SVU they rather often ruin the lives of completely innocent people.

DamianTV
07-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Actually in SVU they rather often ruin the lives of completely innocent people.

Aint that the truth!

I was accused once of Arson, of trying to burn down a large Shopping Mall that caught fire (electrical) because my car was parked in the wrong place. I was at an after work event chatting for several hours with the big wigs of our company, a TV station of all places, with the Owner, General Manager, my boss, most of my co workers that were not still at work, on camera, the entire time, and the cops still insisted that I had something to do with it, until they did a News Story on the Piss Poor Investigatvie Skills of the Police. It went on for months, and my bosses and the owner got really pissed when the cops kept harassing them about providing more "proof" that I had merely parked my car in the parking lot the night of the big fire.

AZKing
07-22-2011, 04:22 AM
So this is just how they try to convince the masses that if your for individual freedom your a terrorits and if your for collectavism then your a good person.

That's not always true. I've seen quite a few episodes where they show cops evading criminal charges and get out of trouble with their union lawyers/reps. They portray a different side of cops as well.

Suzu
07-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Says "video not available".

Anti Federalist
07-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Amazing how the propaganda all works hand in hand, isn't it?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304364-DRUDGE-DHS-VIDEO-White-middle-class-Americans-most-likely-terrorists-...

V4Vendetta
07-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! I watched this episode this morning - absolutely disgusting!!

Suzu
07-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! I watched this episode this morning - absolutely disgusting!!

How & where can this be viewed online? The link in the OP does not work for me.

Suzu
07-24-2011, 08:40 AM
double post - unintended - removed - sorry

pcosmar
07-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Amazing how the propaganda all works hand in hand, isn't it?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304364-DRUDGE-DHS-VIDEO-White-middle-class-Americans-most-likely-terrorists-...
Yup,,
Now add in the Right Wing "christian" shooter in the latest false flag.
http://deadlinelive.info/2011/07/23/lone-nutt-party-freemason-cop-terrorist-kills-liberal-children-in-norway/

Standing Like A Rock
07-24-2011, 11:24 AM
The only "cop" show I watch is Numb3rs. It is good because it focuses more on the math part than the crime fighting part. Plus it is more of a light crime show than Law and Order or similar shows. It also is written better, has better character development and is much more interesting to watch.

HOLLYWOOD
07-24-2011, 11:50 AM
"This episode of Law and Order brought to you by, The Department of Homeland Security"