PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lee: The Freedom Agenda

thehighwaymanq
07-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Just received this email from C4L.

July 17, 2011

Dear Matthew,

Along with Senator Rand Paul, freshman Utah Senator Mike Lee has taken the fight right to the establishment during his first few months in office.

A key ally in Campaign for Liberty’s battle to Audit the Fed, Senator Lee has also joined with us on many other vital issues, including the need to pass a strict Balanced Budget Amendment to help rein in an out-of-control federal government.

Senator Lee will take his efforts to pass a BBA to a new level with the upcoming release of his book, The Freedom Agenda.

According to Freedom Watch host Judge Andrew Napolitano, “In The Freedom Agenda, Senator Mike Lee clearly explains how presidents and Congresses have exceeded the confines of the Constitution and how the courts have let them get away with it. His proposals to limit the federal government’s ability to take and spend our money will frustrate the big government types in both parties and warm the hearts of freedom lovers everywhere.”

The Freedom Agenda will officially hit bookstores next week, but you can pick up your copy at Amazon.com today for only $16.47.

If you want to preview Senator Lee’s book, you can get a free chapter here (http://www.thefreedomagendabook.com/offers/offer.php?id=RGNTFA)
As Senator Lee notes, "It's no secret that the more money we give Washington, the more they spend. The only way politicians will stop spending is if they are forced to."

The Freedom Agenda will arm you with the information you need to spread the word on why it’s time for a strict Balanced Budget Amendment.

Get your copy today at Amazon.com!

http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Agenda-Amendment-Constitutional-Government/dp/1596982888/ref=UTF8&tag=campaforliber-20

RileyE104
07-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Does anyone else think Senator Lee's endorsement would help Paul in Utah? I'm getting really, really excited. The next few months are going to be awesome.

thehighwaymanq
07-17-2011, 05:21 PM
We will lose Utah. No matter what.

But Lee's endorsement could be big nationally

Thargok
07-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Utah is always in play, particularly with Huntsman in, Senator Lee could be a kingmaker. In all honesty I don't see Paul winning Utah without a Lee and a Palin endorsement, but a perfect storm could have low turnout for the primary in Utah and allow Paul to sneak by. He isn't particularly hated amongst Mormons, and if Glenn Beck keeps saying great things about Paul we might have a shot.

thehighwaymanq
07-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Romney is at 63%! And just got 200 state senators endorsements too

RileyE104
07-17-2011, 08:57 PM
We will lose Utah. No matter what.

Well, I've come to terms that Romney and Huntsman will most likely do best in Utah.

However, second or third would be good. Wouldn't it?

I don't know much about how Lee got elected or what his 2010 campaign was like, but I would think that an endorsement from one of Utah's US senators would help boost Ron's status in that state - especially considering that he's a Tea Party leader..

Thargok
07-17-2011, 09:24 PM

And Rand Paul started at 11% against similar endorsements, who cares this far out?

musicmax
07-17-2011, 09:30 PM

200 state senators? In Utah? That means there's a state senator for every 20 residents!

The Dark Knight
07-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Dr. Paul is mostly liked in the Mormon Community. Utah will be tough but other Mormon states Nevada and Idaho are in play. Lee will have a hard time endorsing Dr Paul because his constituents are overwhelmingly for Mittens. I think in his heart he wants to endorse Ron but he probably wont.

thehighwaymanq
07-17-2011, 11:54 PM
200 state senators? In Utah? That means there's a state senator for every 20 residents!

Did I say 200? I meant 60* haha woops

http://race42012.com/2011/07/06/romney-unveils-endorsements-of-63-utah-officials/

Hullsner
07-18-2011, 01:32 AM
I go to a Mormon school and my friends you don't even know of the support that DR. Paul has in this community. If you're ever in a conversation with a Mormon that hasn't yet made up his mind and you want to inspire him send him to this link: http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1636

This is a speech given by Ezra Taft Benson former Secretary of Agriculture and President of the Latter Day Saint (Mormon) Church.

mit26chell
07-18-2011, 03:14 AM
I don't get it. "The only way politicians will stop spending is if they are forced to." What do Lee and Rand not understand about the situation we're in? The politicians will stop acting criminally / recklessly if they are forced to? And what's going to 'force' them to. . . another useless amendment to the U.S. Constitution? Will it force them to behave like responsible adults as well as the war powers clause forces every Congressman to go on record and declare war, before allowing the president to go to war?