PDA

View Full Version : Debt Ceiling Betrayal Ads

pure
07-17-2011, 12:43 PM
I've noticed a lot of people complaining that from a strictly aesthetic perspective the Debt Ceiling Betrayal ads being pumped throughout the web are downright atrocious. I spent literally 2 minutes coming up with a revised edition. Anyone else come up with some revised versions? I really feel anything other than what they currently have would suffice.

http://i.imgur.com/agSou.png

IndianaPolitico
07-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Looks good! I can't quite understand why the official web ads don't look that good. Making a good web ad isn't that hard....

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 02:25 PM
I actually don't like that color blue with his skin. On the other hand, I think your avatar is fantastic.

mit26chell
07-17-2011, 03:07 PM
The blue background adds to his age, because it makes his skin look pale, like he's dead.

Not good. Colors play a huge role into people's responses.

trey4sports
07-17-2011, 03:15 PM
its all about CTR (click through rate) guys. aesthetically pleasing does not equate to effective advertising when it comes to getting clicks. I'm sure the campaign is split testing their ads and tracking each ones performance. Not to be an asshole, but creating an effective, high CTR ad is not as easy as just whipping up something you think looks good.

pure
07-17-2011, 03:34 PM
its all about CTR (click through rate) guys. aesthetically pleasing does not equate to effective advertising when it comes to getting clicks. I'm sure the campaign is split testing their ads and tracking each ones performance. Not to be an asshole, but creating an effective, high CTR ad is not as easy as just whipping up something you think looks good.
Thank you for your history lesson. I was never suggesting my ad be used, though. I was suggesting people come up with alternatives, I didn't spend any amount of time creating mine. If you somehow believe that the currently used ads are the most effective in terms of CTR, you're absolutely clueless. The contrast is horrific - they don't actually grab anyone's attention.