PDA

View Full Version : It is now official, 52% of Americans are Stupid

Razmear
10-31-2007, 04:45 PM
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Bomb_Iran_majority_of_Americans_says_1030.html

Snip:
The Zogby International survey shows 52 percent of Americans would support a strike on Iran, ....

Just 29 percent of Americans think the US should not attack Iran, with one in five people unsure about military action. Of those who would support a strike, 28 percent believe military action should wait until the next president is in office, while 23 percent want to see Bush let lose US missiles against Iran.

---

Here we go again. How can people be so stupid to fall for the same BS again?

eb

OptionsTrader
10-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Interpretation of poll results as fact is a fallacy.

katao
10-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Misguided may be a better word than stupid.

Unfortunately, if you add the percentage that want Universal Health Care (about 65%) the percentage of misguided Americans is much higher.

Since those two groups of people (wanting to bomb Iran and wanting socialized health care) are very different, most Americans fit into one or the other. :(:(

pcosmar
10-31-2007, 05:07 PM
I believe that the poll was
LUNTZED

johngr
10-31-2007, 05:12 PM
The stupid ones are the ones who believe that poll reflects anything other than what the designers of it intended. They prefaced the question with something like, "Since Iran has nukes", then asked how much do people support bombing them and the answers included, I support and I support somewhat.

For a better guage of actual opinion (and therefore much lower "support"), they should have had no preface and asked, Do you support bombing Iran with the possible answers "yes", "no", and "don't know".

constituent
10-31-2007, 05:13 PM
or we could turn it around and make this a case of a small, motivated minority.

sounds good to me.

beerista
10-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Misguided may be a better word than stupid.

Unfortunately, if you add the percentage that want Universal Health Care (about 65%) the percentage of misguided Americans is much higher.

Since those two groups of people (wanting to bomb Iran and wanting socialized health care) are very different, most Americans fit into one or the other. :(:(

So 52% (Americans who want to bomb Iran) + 65% (Americans who want socialized medicine) = 117% of Americans are stupid?