PDA

View Full Version : Idaho GOP schedules 2012 Caucus for Super Tuesday

sailingaway
07-16-2011, 11:24 PM
RepublicanWire Republican News
Idaho GOP schedules 2012 caucus for Super Tuesday - Omaha World-Herald http://bit.ly/q00guG

Badger Paul
07-17-2011, 04:03 AM
This is good news but we're going to really have to hone our organization for these caucus states, especially out West because Romney will have the advantage because of the Mormon base out there in states like Nevada, Idaho and Alaska

The Dark Knight
07-17-2011, 07:10 AM
We Can win The Idaho Caucus and Washington state Caucus. We got more than 20% last time in both those states.

sailingaway
07-17-2011, 09:49 AM
We Can win The Idaho Caucus and Washington state Caucus. We got more than 20% last time in both those states.

But Idaho came after Romney dropped out, so Badger Paul's comment is to consider.

The Dark Knight
07-17-2011, 11:25 AM
I live half the year in Idaho and half the year in Wa state. Wa state is a win for us. We only lost by 4% last time in the Caucus and that was with Romney. Idaho on the other hand will be close between Romney and Paul. Lots of Mormons and Libertarians in Idaho.There are Lots of Mormons that are Libertarians in Idaho so it should be interesting how it plays out. Mormons do not make up a large voting block in washington state. However about 1/3 of Idaho Republican voters are Mormon. If I were a betting man, I would say Ron Paul wins Washington State and ends up a strong 2nd in Idaho. However Idaho is still a possible win for us especially with 2 Mormons on the race.

libertybrewcity
07-17-2011, 11:50 AM
I think wins in some of the pre-super Tuesday states will give us some of those Romney voters. We just need to have our eyes on the GOP leadership at all times.

Thargok
07-17-2011, 11:57 AM
I think the possibility of Idaho is dependent on what Senator Mike Lee does.

Edit: Although with C4L sending out an e-mail promoting his book, there is always a chance.