PDA

View Full Version : Could somone tell Ron to say "as President I will......."

robertwerden
07-16-2011, 05:13 PM
I have watched lots of Rons speeches and one thing I never hear with the exception of during one debate is him refer to him self as President. As President I will bring the troops home, as President I would put a plan into place to stabilize the currency, as President ...........

People need to hear Ron say these things. I found it very powerful when in the last debate, he said "I'm the commander in chief" It really locks the image and the voice down to the job he is applying for.

Running for President is the worlds longest Job interview and we need to hear him say what he will do in that job and not just educate people on what the message of liberty is.

evilfunnystuff
07-16-2011, 05:57 PM
bump

king_nothing_
07-16-2011, 06:03 PM
I've been wishing for him to say something like that as well.

Jackie Treehorn
07-16-2011, 07:05 PM
You hit the nail on the head, people need to see he's powerful and demands respect to counterbalance his noninterventionism.

Yieu
07-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Perhaps multiple people who think it is a good idea could drop a note about it here: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/contact-us/

That might get the attention of the campaign.

Edit: Sent my note in!

Pro-Life Libertarian
07-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Pat Buchanan needs to give him lessons. He can make non-interventionism sounds extremely tough.

IndianaPolitico
07-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I have noticed that he has been saying stuff like that more lately, and he has been talking slower and smoother. So he is working on it.

Invi
07-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Definitely working on it. When he was here speaking to the CCRC or whatever it was at the Silverton, he said something along the lines of, "If I am to be your president.." and it's only gotten better from there.

Bern
07-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Agreed.

pacelli
07-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Yep. Since RP is in it to win it, and wont' be running for congress again, there's no reason for him to avoid saying it. All in.

Elwar
07-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Nobody tells Ron Paul what to say. He is himself.

Sentinelrv
07-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Nobody tells Ron Paul what to say. He is himself.

Nobody should tell him what to say, but we should make suggestions. There's a chance it will be noticed by the campaign and the advice passed along to Ron. It ultimately depends on whether he wants to do it though. I see no reason why he shouldn't though.

HoosierJayhawk
07-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Nobody should tell him what to say, but we should make suggestions. There's a chance it will be noticed by the campaign and the advice passed along to Ron. It ultimately depends on whether he wants to do it though. I see no reason why he shouldn't though.

may i suggest that he ammend his close bases/bring troops home mantra to close bases that aren't making money for us. Some of our bases make a minor amount of sense for the US to use. If we can let them provide more positive services for the country hosting why not. it appeals to the republican voter a little better.

Carehn
07-16-2011, 09:09 PM
I have watched lots of Rons speeches and one thing I never hear with the exception of during one debate is him refer to him self as President. As President I will bring the troops home, as President I would put a plan into place to stabilize the currency, as President ...........

People need to hear Ron say these things. I found it very powerful when in the last debate, he said "I'm the commander in chief" It really locks the image and the voice down to the job he is applying for.

Running for President is the worlds longest Job interview and we need to hear him say what he will do in that job and not just educate people on what the message of liberty is.

In a recent video he said something along the lines of ' I can't be congressmen and prez do to the constitution' or something like that. but he was implying that he is the next president. It was bad ass and game me the BubBle GuTs because i did not know how people would take it. I don't want to see him get to cocky just yet. Or maybe ever. One thing I like about him is his modesty and honesty.
I know thats not what you mean. Just going off.

Sola_Fide
07-16-2011, 09:28 PM
I have noticed that he has been saying stuff like that more lately, and he has been talking slower and smoother. So he is working on it.

I've definitely noticed the slower and smoother delivery lately.

Also, I totally agree with the OP. Ron needs to own it man. Ron needs to sound like he is taking control of this beast!

Craig_R
07-17-2011, 09:38 AM
agreed

Luciconsort
07-17-2011, 09:51 AM
it's all about delivery. alot of ppl don't have the wherewithal to grasp the message or are distracted by msm and are just listenin to tone and delivery. that's how Obama got elected. so it ain't hard to do. But the good Dr. is way better at speaking than he was even 6 months ago... so that's pretty cool

Airborn
07-17-2011, 12:30 PM
may i suggest that he ammend his close bases/bring troops home mantra to close bases that aren't making money for us. Some of our bases make a minor amount of sense for the US to use. If we can let them provide more positive services for the country hosting why not. it appeals to the republican voter a little better.

It makes sense for a robber to watch your house and wait till you leave before entering, but it doesn't make it RIGHT.

satchelmcqueen
07-17-2011, 05:39 PM
no.ts not about making money. its about keeping our troops out of countries that we dont need to be in. which right now is all of them.

1000-points-of-fright
07-17-2011, 05:52 PM
"As President I will leave you the hell alone and I'll make sure the rest of the clowns in Washington do the same."

That's what I want to hear him say.