PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul puts hold on confimation vote for FBI head Mueller, wants questions answered

jct74
07-15-2011, 07:29 PM
God I love this man. :D

Republicans Hold Up Vote on Extension of F.B.I. Term
By CHARLIE SAVAGE
Published: July 15, 2011

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration’s plans for Congress to smoothly extend the tenure of Robert S. Mueller III as director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation are derailing, raising an outside chance that he may have to step down temporarily early next month.

But now, a necessary first step — enacting legislation that would create a one-time shortened term and make an exception to a 10-year limit on the amount of time any person may serve as director — has been delayed by Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, a libertarian-leaning Republican who was elected last year. He is invoking a Senate rule that allows any member to block a swift vote on a bill.

On Thursday, Mr. Paul sent a four-page letter to Mr. Mueller saying he wanted to meet next week and asking a series of questions about F.B.I. cases and policies. The topics included the Patriot Act, abortion rights groups, domestic militias and a terrorism-related case in Kentucky involving two Iraqis admitted to the country as refugees.

Read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/16/us/politics/16mueller.html

Read Rand's letter to FBI Director Mueller here:
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/216473-rand-paul-letter-to-f-b-i-director-robert-mueller.html

Sola_Fide
07-15-2011, 07:37 PM
That letter to the FBI director was soooooo good!!!!!

Sola_Fide
07-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Man....now I want to know too. Why was the FBI working with abortion clinics to stop peaceful anti-abortion protests?

specsaregood
07-15-2011, 07:44 PM
That letter to the FBI director was soooooo good!!!!!

Totally, even mentions the MIAC report.

Sola_Fide
07-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Why was the FBI involved in training to identity supporters of "Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr" as terrorist suspects?

specsaregood
07-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Why was the FBI involved in training to identity supporters of "Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr" as terrorist suspects?

Why did FBI supervisors block search warrants related to an investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui just weeks before 9/11?

vita3
07-15-2011, 07:56 PM
"Why did FBI supervisors block search warrants related to an investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui just weeks before 9/11? "

Exactly.

& why didnt those supervisors who blocked honest police work get FIRED?

TheConstitutionLives
07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
BAM!!!! Awesome!!

Napoleon's Shadow
07-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah.... Rand is just asking to have his phones tapped all "J Edgar Hoover" style...

limequat
07-15-2011, 09:47 PM
It's like having one of us in the senate. Only smarter.

limequat
07-15-2011, 09:51 PM
I think I've posted something similar before, but the money I gave to Rand is the best money I have ever spent.
In a town of constant demagoguery, he is a wrecking ball of truth.

Jake Ralston
07-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Dr. Rand "Hammer of Accountability" Paul is one of this country's very few saving graces.

FBI Head Mueller must be having a hard time sleeping at night.

This is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to hear the followup.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Well done, Rand, well done!

specsaregood
07-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Well done, Rand, well done!

If Rand was a forum member and started a thread with that letter he wrote, he very well might find his thread moved to hot topics. :)

sirgonzo420
07-15-2011, 10:53 PM
If Rand was a forum member and started a thread with that letter he wrote, he very well might find his thread moved to hot topics. :)

I haven't read the letter yet, but I'm guessing specs has BINGO!

Sola_Fide
07-15-2011, 11:00 PM
I haven't read the letter yet, but I'm guessing specs has BINGO!

Please read it. It's one of the more impressive things I've seen Rand do in his 6 months so far.

sirgonzo420
07-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Please read it. It's one of the more impressive things I've seen Rand do in his 6 months so far.

I did read it and I was/am quite pleased!

:)

Can't wait for the response.. lol

AFPVet
07-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Outstanding Rand! Very cool!

Patrick Henry
07-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Holy smokes! That letter was very impressive. It needs to be posted all over the place.

PermanentSleep
07-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Rand is the man. Mueller just got randslided by more legitimate questions than mainstream journalists have asked, probably combined, since I've been alive.

specsaregood
07-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Can't wait for the response.. lol

maybe he'll just choose to retire instead of respond in writing and meet with him.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Rand is seriously chapping the ass of the establishment.

Sola_Fide
07-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Rand is the man. Mueller just got randslided by more legitimate questions than mainstream journalists have asked, probably combined, since I've been alive.

Good point. Where is the media? It takes an eye surgeon from Kentucky to do the job that thousands of journalists for a decade couldn't do? Crazy...

Brett85
07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Great letter by Rand. I wonder if any other GOP Senators support Rand's efforts here?

PermanentSleep
07-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Good point. Where is the media? It takes an eye surgeon from Kentucky to do the job that thousands of journalists for a decade couldn't do? Crazy...

The media is kicking back in the White House Press Room, drinking cocktails with party hacks at the expense of the taxpayers, celebrating their job security by patiently awaiting the next White House press release so they can quickly copy it word for word and spout it ad nauseum until falsehoods spread their way through the whole of American society like a cancer, save that sweet little land of Cyber Liberty we proudly call Liberty Forest, it is not only immune to such nonsensical utterances, but grows stronger when confronted with horseshit. I bet the journalists play a drinking game to see who can copy and regurgitate The One's desired daily illusion all over the populace first. The winner gets an all expenses paid vacation to the next Bilderberg meeting. I palmed my face 3 times while writing this.

Sola_Fide
07-16-2011, 11:27 PM
The media is kicking back in the White House Press Room, drinking cocktails with party hacks at the expense of the taxpayers, celebrating their job security by patiently awaiting the next White House press release so they can quickly copy it word for word and spout it ad nauseum until falsehoods spread their way through the whole of American society like a cancer, save that sweet little land of Cyber Liberty we proudly call Liberty Forest, it is not only immune to such nonsensical utterances, but grows stronger when confronted with horseshit. I bet the journalists play a drinking game to see who can copy and regurgitate The One's desired daily illusion all over the populace first. The winner gets an all expenses paid vacation to the next Bilderberg meeting. I palmed my face 3 times while writing this.

Well said.

idirtify
07-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Wow, what a letter! The first particle of fecal matter may be approaching the first blade.

Will this be a closed-door meeting? Who all will be there? Surely it will be taped somehow, or what’s the point?

idirtify
07-17-2011, 12:29 AM

No doubt. Maybe now threads questioning the official story of 9-11 will be allowed to remain in the main forums.

Sola_Fide
07-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Wow, what a letter! The first particle of fecal matter may be approaching the first blade.

Will this be a closed-door meeting? Who all will be there? Surely it will be taped somehow, or what’s the point?

Wow. Would love to see a meeting like this. A meeting like this would tell us a lot about Rand Paul and a lot about the FBI.

pacelli
07-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Rand didn't lie when he campaigned for "bold leadership". This is as bold as it gets. For a first term senator, this is incredible. Rand just raised the bar.

specsaregood
07-17-2011, 09:23 AM
No doubt. Maybe now threads questioning the official story of 9-11 will be allowed to remain in the main forums.

now, now. Rand did not exactly "question" the official story. He asked questions related to the official story.

idirtify
07-17-2011, 03:19 PM
now, now. Rand did not exactly "question" the official story. He asked questions related to the official story.

oh. right.

certaindeath4
07-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Rand is too savvy to come out with questions that pertain to the "unofficial" story at this point. This prevents the Feds from claiming fringe, crazy, conspiracy etc etc. Start small, with discrepancies in their own story first, slowly revealing the different story.

jct74
07-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Rand will meet with Mueller Thursday.

Sen. Paul to Meet With FBI Director
By David M. Drucker
Roll Call Staff
July 19, 2011, 6:02 p.m.

FBI Director Robert Mueller is scheduled to meet Thursday on Capitol Hill with Sen. Rand Paul regarding questions posed by the Kentucky Republican, who has put a hold on a two-year extension of Mueller’s term.

A Paul aide familiar with the matter said the meeting was intended as a forum for Mueller to respond to questions that Paul wants answered before he will release his hold. Paul previously sent Mueller a letter with questions on issues such as the USA PATRIOT Act, abortion-rights groups and a Kentucky-based terrorism case.

Mueller's term is due to expire within the first few days of August. The Paul aide indicated that the Senator's intent is not to block the extension, but to obtain the information he requested in the letter. Thursday's meeting could make progress toward allowing what is likely to be an easy confirmation vote in Mueller's favor.

President George W. Bush first appointed Mueller in 2001.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/Senator-paul-to-meet-with-fbi-director-207460-1.html

V4Vendetta
07-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Keep it up Rand.... and You'll be President

Napoleon's Shadow
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Keep it up Rand.... and You'll be President
That's the plan :D :cool:

vita3
07-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Would LOVE to listen to that meeting.

idirtify
08-25-2011, 11:56 AM
What’s the latest on this? I heard he was confirmed. Were the questions answered? What were the answers?

bump

jct74
08-25-2011, 02:26 PM
What’s the latest on this? I heard he was confirmed. Were the questions answered? What were the answers?

bump

update here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304396-Mueller-term-extended-for-2-years-by-Senate&highlight=mueller
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304379-Rand-Meets-With-FBI-Director-(follow-up-press-release)&highlight=mueller