PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone in Iowa seen the TV ad ?

trey4sports
07-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Have any of you Iowans seen the TV ad yet (on TV of course)?

I'm curious as to when its airing and how Iowans are reacting?

FSP-Rebel
07-15-2011, 07:01 PM
My thoughts as well..

Oukvekpwv
07-15-2011, 07:02 PM
i saw it this morning on ABC havent been out too much to hear others opinions though

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm interested too....

FSP-Rebel
07-15-2011, 07:07 PM
I sure hope it's getting some play on Fox prime time.

sadam
07-15-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm in Southeast Iowa and I have not seen anything ron paul yet. I voted in the caucus last year for Ron and finally yesterday was contacted by the campaign. I haven't seen any ron paul signs, ads on tv, or ads on radio. Pawlenty must be blowing a lot of money though cause I've seen a ton of his ads. I'm the only one in my town of 7,500 with a Ron Paul bumper sticker for 2012 that I've seen thus far. I've stopped at a business in town that a co worker told me was a big anti government guy and decided to go and speak with him and come to find out he was a big Ron Paul fan as well. He owns a screen printing shop and is making my girl friend and I some shirts and it appears he has converted all his employees to Ron Paul because a couple of them stopped working to come talk Ron Paul with us. I don't know why but it seems like the political ball hasn't started rolling yet because no one around here has any political signs or bumper stickers. It'll heat up soon I'm sure but I already feel better this time around knowing there are other Ron Paul supporters in my town. RP 2012

kah13176
07-15-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm in Georgia. Like Sadam, I have seen nothing in my town of 30,000. No bumber stickers, ads, anything for any candidate including Ron Paul.

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm in Southeast Iowa and I have not seen anything ron paul yet. I voted in the caucus last year for Ron and finally yesterday was contacted by the campaign. I haven't seen any ron paul signs, ads on tv, or ads on radio. Pawlenty must be blowing a lot of money though cause I've seen a ton of his ads. I'm the only one in my town of 7,500 with a Ron Paul bumper sticker for 2012 that I've seen thus far. I've stopped at a business in town that a co worker told me was a big anti government guy and decided to go and speak with him and come to find out he was a big Ron Paul fan as well. He owns a screen printing shop and is making my girl friend and I some shirts and it appears he has converted all his employees to Ron Paul because a couple of them stopped working to come talk Ron Paul with us. I don't know why but it seems like the political ball hasn't started rolling yet because no one around here has any political signs or bumper stickers. It'll heat up soon I'm sure but I already feel better this time around knowing there are other Ron Paul supporters in my town. RP 2012

That's a nice story!

carmaphob
07-15-2011, 07:31 PM
It's the same in des moines. I have only seen a few rp stickers(some from 08) and no signs. That will change soon enough though. I picked up a bunch of signs and stickers from the campaign today and will be giving them all out. Plus a couple friends and I are getting together tomorrow and making a bunch of badass stencil signs!

FA.Hayek
07-15-2011, 07:50 PM
this is great!!!

trey4sports
07-15-2011, 07:53 PM
cool, i'd like to keep this bumped from time to time to see how folks are reacting to the new ad.

John of Des Moines
07-15-2011, 08:14 PM
No ads yet on Channel 13 WHO (NBC). The neighbor two doors down put up an RP yard sign the other day.

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Cool neighbor...

Bergie Bergeron
07-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Idea for people in NH and Iowa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcHSPDazd-0

trey4sports
07-15-2011, 08:36 PM
No ads yet on Channel 13 WHO (NBC). The neighbor two doors down put up an RP yard sign the other day.

Hmmm.... well it is a $160,000 ad buy, so its not like were going to have to wonder if it will actually be shown, however, the question is WHEN will it start showing and what will the intervals be like. My guess is that it will air more the closer we get to the actual straw poll, that seems like the most cost-efficient way in my mind.

per politico

Paul will spend $45,000 in Des Moines on broadcast and Fox cable, $26,000 in Sioux City, $44,000 on Cedar Rapids-Waterloo-Iowa City-Dubuque, and $7,000 in the Davenport-Rock Island-Moline market, as well as $44,000 in statewide Fox News cable buys in New Hampshire.

trey4sports
07-23-2011, 12:49 PM
bump to get more Iowan responses

Eric21ND
07-23-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm very curious as well.

sailingaway
07-23-2011, 02:20 PM
bruno just posted that he saw it on another thread. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304697-Just-saw-new-Ron-Paul-ad-on-Fox-in-Des-Moines!

libertybrewcity
07-23-2011, 02:27 PM
The best time for ads is about one to two weeks constant up to the day of the Ames Straw Poll. Ads too early will give you a boost in the polls early and not later on when they are needed.

KingRobbStark
07-23-2011, 02:33 PM
The best time for ads is about one to two weeks constant up to the day of the Ames Straw Poll. Ads too early will give you a boost in the polls early and not later on when they are needed.

If that's the case, then the time would be now.

sadam
07-23-2011, 07:10 PM
No worries folks the ad is up and tuning big time it's on a ton and I don't watch much tv. I typically only watch Fox if I do and it's on a lot. My buddy that I'm converting said he saw it on a local channel and said he loved the ad. Again I'm in SE Iowa so I can't speak for all of Iowa but I'm guessing it's getting plenty of air time. Bravo to the campaign.