PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy, or did Obama just tell the truth?

Freedom 4 all
07-15-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/obama-greece-pressconference-debtceiling/2011/07/15/id/403721

tl;dr: He talks about how defense cuts are needed, and how this problem was caused because we started 2 wars without paying for them and stuff like that. I don't believe for a second he'll actually stop wasteful spending and high taxation, but it's interesting that even he doesn't deny what caused this problem anymore.

Sola_Fide
07-15-2011, 04:16 PM
It's election time. Don't listen to a word he says. He is all in for war and the military industrial complex.

Freedom 4 all
07-15-2011, 04:23 PM
It's election time. Don't listen to a word he says. He is all in for war and the military industrial complex.

Obviously, but I still wouldn't expect him to say something like that.

UtahApocalypse
07-15-2011, 04:26 PM
he also said this in 2006:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

and you see what he is saying and doing now.

manuel
07-15-2011, 11:42 PM
No, he's just using his good old blame Bush strategy. Notice how he didn't mention any of the spending his administration is at fault for "not paying".

TER
07-15-2011, 11:53 PM

I fear you may be right. I find it very difficult to trust a man who has lied time and time again.

TCE
07-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Never pay attention to what a politician says, always pay attention to what they do. We have seen Obama ramp up the Afghan War, repeatedly push back his Iraqi War withdrawal plan, pushing for increases in spending across the board, and attacking Libya and starting a new, undeclared war there. Those actions speak volumes to me. He has had every opportunity to decrease defense spending but he hasn't yet and he never will.

MJU1983
07-15-2011, 11:56 PM
The President doesn't have the authority...under the, uh, constitution...unilateral...military... That ain't legal either dude.

akforme
07-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Every once in a while they say something that's so true it's does take you for a loop. Like Biden saying if we don't spend we go bankrupt back in 09. Technically he's right since the system was drowning in debt and they needed to pump it full of money to pay off the debt, but that means he understands the system which means he has no interest in actually fixing anything.

However my favorite is Murkowski on why people shouldn't vote for Joe... "This state can't afford a senator who vows to follow the constitution" ...I shit you not.

DamianTV
07-16-2011, 03:25 AM
This is Politics.

Do not judge the Politicians by what they say, judge them by what they DO.

vita3
07-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Anything can come out of a politicans mouth... anything

Are we handing out candies in Libya & Yemen or dropping bombs on people with remote controlled devices???

amyre
07-16-2011, 06:04 AM
No, he's just using his good old blame Bush strategy. Notice how he didn't mention any of the spending his administration is at fault for "not paying".

Yep. Exactly.