PDA

View Full Version : If PPP is sooo reliable and all...

asurfaholic
07-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Then why does the latest poll in North Carolina completely leave Ron Paul out of the list? Who is running this, and why is there no Ron Paul in North Carolina?

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_NC_713424.pdf

NC, if Ron Paul gets the nomination, WILL be a key state in the general elections. The whole polling indicates that for the first time there is disenchantment with Obama, as NC has seen its first overall disapproval of his job performance (51 % disapprove).

This poll also finds that

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion
of Michele Bachmann?
Favorable......................................... ............... 34%
Unfavorable .................................................. .. 42%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 25%

of Herman Cain?
Favorable......................................... ............... 24%
Unfavorable .................................................. .. 36%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 41%

of Sarah Palin? <----- SHES NOT EVEN IN THE FREAKING RACE...WTH????
Favorable......................................... ............... 35%
Unfavorable .................................................. .. 57%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 8%

of Tim Pawlenty?
Favorable......................................... ............... 19%
Unfavorable .................................................. .. 40%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 41%

of Mitt Romney?
Favorable......................................... ............... 32%
Unfavorable .................................................. .. 47%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 21%

So thats all the candidates that they polled about - notice, nobody approves of anybody... ALL candidates, even Barack Bush Obamama have higher disapproval ratings than approval.

Even more interesting, when asked how they would vote in a matchup against obama, all the candidates LOST to Barack. If other polls hold truth, then Ron Paul would have been the only one winning to B-O.

Ron Paul has been to NC once recently, but I think he should focus here a little bit more and get some people up and running. I am considering renting a billboard and plastering RP on it, but I need to know the campaign has given this state a little thought.

Can anyone make any sense over why PPP would leave RP out of the polls??

tsai3904
07-15-2011, 04:17 PM
They include Ron Paul in the GOP primary polls but leave him out of the head to head polls against Obama. They've stated before that once Ron Paul polls consistently in the top 4 in the GOP primary, they will include him. I'm not sure how they justify including Pawlenty though because he rarely polls top 4. They are a private company so they can do whatever they want and they've shown no interest in helping Ron Paul.

asurfaholic
07-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Sarah palin is in the top 4?

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 04:19 PM
They leave Ron out of heads to head against Obama since he beat Obama. They did it in Texas to make Perry look less than good, knowing Ron would come out better, and Ron did come out better than Perry, but he also beat Obama by 5 points. PPP knows Ron dominates with independents is my theory. PPP is 'reputable' meaning they always have a 'generally accepted rationale' for their polling but they can get pretty off base when they aren't in the short period before an election when polling companies are rated. And they are a declared 'Democratic polling company', not neutral, and have no interest in creating actual competition for Obama in the general election. these monthly polls they do are for free and for advertising typically, so they can do whatever they want.

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 04:21 PM
They include Ron Paul in the GOP primary polls but leave him out of the head to head polls against Obama. They've stated before that once Ron Paul polls consistently in the top 4 in the GOP primary, they will include him. I'm not sure how they justify including Pawlenty though because he rarely polls top 4. They are a private company so they can do whatever they want and they've shown no interest in helping Ron Paul.

Cain isn't more often in the top than Ron any more.

tsai3904
07-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Cain isn't more often in the top than Ron any more.

Yea, I've left comments on their blog questioning why they still include Cain and Pawlenty but not Ron.

asurfaholic
07-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks sailingaway, that helps me understand a little bit better. Do you think that Ron will make a push in North Carolina once he gets past Iowa, NH, SC, and I guess Texas?

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks sailingaway, that helps me understand a little bit better. Do you think that Ron will make a push in North Carolina once he gets past Iowa, NH, SC, and I guess Texas?

I would say yes, and if he is doing well enough I think he has a chance at Haley and De Mint's endorsements. However, it will depend on where he is polling, imho. If he doesn't do well enough, he might do more of a push in Nevada (where he came in second last time) and not as much in SC. He has already been to SC this cycle, though. So has Rand.

tsai3904
07-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Sarah palin is in the top 4?

Palin in PPP's last 7 polls:

UT - 4th
NH - 3rd
TX - 4th
NM - 4th
OR - 3rd
MT - 1st
FL - 2nd