PDA

View Full Version : Why America Needs YOU!

johnald
07-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Why America Needs YOU!
As I’m sure you are well aware, we find ourselves at a crossroad, a rare moment in time where the decisions we make as individuals, communities, states and ultimately, a nation, will decide the fate of not only this generation but all future generations to come.
Everywhere you turn all you see is division. It doesn’t matter what the subject is, from Coke/Pepsi to McDonald’s/Burger King to republican/democrat and everything in between. While I realize that this is the natural order of things and we must have checks and balances. I also believe that in perilous times we must set aside our differences and work together toward a common purpose.
In order for this to occur we must first find common ground. There is one positive constant that is everywhere and often taken for granted by everyone and that is Love. Like gravity, it is everywhere, yet we hardly take notice or appreciate our innate necessity for it. It cannot be denied.
Some 235 years ago, a group of people who often did not agree on many different issues, faced an incredibly similar situation to where we find ourselves today. This group came together in the spirit of Love, based on the belief that we are all created equal, and that we all have inherent rights, bestowed to us by the Creator, the Right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness. Centered on this belief they created our Declaration of Independence, and in turn the Constitution, which defines the very principles and standards to which we hold not only ourselves but each other. There is a reason why every single person who offers an oath to protect this country is sworn to uphold this precious gift that is our Constitution. This oath is not to uphold the physical nation but the Constitution that makes this great land what it is.
I think it is all too easy to forget that without these documents, we have nothing. We are nothing. Not “One Nation, under God” but merely a bunch of people who happen to occupy the same space, squabbling for survival.
The time has come to set our differences aside and rekindle that once bright flame, of Liberty and Love that has inspired hope and courage in countless hearts of men, women and children alike. We must hold this torch high once again as the beacon of hope that this world so desperately craves.
Make no mistake, change is upon us. Do we have the courage to stand up and make the decision to implement the changes necessary for the continuity of our great traditions? Can we carry the weight of our mistakes as a nation? Do not forget that the same spirit of Love that sparked this great idea of liberty is alive and well in each and every one of us today! I, for one, still have great faith in our People, our Constitution, our Declaration of Independence and most importantly the very Creator that bestowed these precious gifts unto us all.
I strongly urge you to stop for a moment and reflect on just how far we’ve come in such an incredibly short time and how close we are to losing this Light to the darkness. Find your voice and join the intellectual revolution before it’s too late! Ultimately it’s up to each and every one of us as individuals, to hold those who represent us accountable to the oath they swore to uphold!
“There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.”
Ron Paul
"Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons."
— Ron Paul
"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy."
— Ron Paul
“Idea’s spread! An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government!” — Ron Paul

Let your voice be heard!
Vote for RON PAUL 2012!!!!
PS
Please feel free to pass this on to all you know!
Anonymous lover of Liberty