PDA

View Full Version : How many have had people mention Leno last night?

nayjevin
10-31-2007, 03:00 PM
I just had a co-worker come up and say 'hey you're man was on Leno last night.'

i said, 'yeah, he was good wasn't he?'

'yup'

but she's still not quite convinced for some reason. i'm working on it, slowly but surely.

any other stories?

Dorfsmith
10-31-2007, 03:11 PM
I just had a co-worker come up and say 'hey you're man was on Leno last night.'

i said, 'yeah, he was good wasn't he?'

'yup'

but she's still not quite convinced for some reason. i'm working on it, slowly but surely.

any other stories?

A guy came up to me today and said he was a Democrat but he saw Ron Paul on Leno and was very impressed. I couldn't convince him to switch parties though.

quickmike
10-31-2007, 03:17 PM
A guy came up to me today and said he was a Democrat but he saw Ron Paul on Leno and was very impressed. I couldn't convince him to switch parties though.

The line I always use on people I know who are democrats that like Ron but wont switch is "Oh, youre one of those Red Team/Blue Team people huh? Party over principal I guess?" Kinda makes them think about their politics a little, and also makes them feel a little silly for being that way.

philipsantamaria
10-31-2007, 04:23 PM
you can also tell dems..

LISTEN, EITHER CLINTON OR OBAMA WILL BE THE NOMINEE, RIGHT?

They'll say...Well, yeah...

and you respond..

WELL, WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE, CLINTON/OBAMA v. GIULIANI/ROMNEY or CLINTON/OBAMA vs. PAUL...

I've actually gotten quite a few party converts just to vote in the primary...and No Matter what happens in the primary, they plan on voting democratic in the general election.

manuel
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Not yet with Leno. But that has been my most effective method. I just plant a small seed, I just tell them about Ron Paul. Most people, of course, have never even heard of Dr. Paul (most of them Republicans!?!), so I just mention him and say how good he is and how good he would be for the country right NOW. After they see him on TV or hear about him in the media they usually email me or call me and tell me how he definitely sounds good!

chiefsmurph
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
A friend of mine who was the biggest Ron Paul hater in the world said he saw him on Leno last night. He said that now he thinks he is one of the most conservative people running and likes him a lot more. He thinks that he should talk like that during the debates and not act so "crazy."

He does have a point. Why doesn't he pretend that he is still on Leno at the debates? But I am glad I stayed up that late to watch.