PDA

View Full Version : Is this Good Advertising for the Money...?

RonPaul101.com
07-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Just thought of an idea and looking for some feedback. I currently sell stuff online to raise money for RP (learn more at http://yardsalemoneybomb.info) and while writing up an ebay auction I thought, why not use the subtitle as a Ron Paul ad? Depending on what you are auctioning off, and the starting price, etc., that determines in part how many people see your auction. My last coin auction had over 150 views, and that's not counting a much larger amount of folks who only see the title by passing over my auction.

I think its good advertising for $0.50, especially when selling 'real' money items because those folks will be more open to RP's message, right? Its a lot of people reached for 50 cents.

Check out two of my RP listings, one with the ad, one without: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=ngse&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Should a subtitle ad be a part of all Ron Paul ebay auctions? (And it can be any positive RP message, or even just "Ron Paul 2012 - Restore America Now".)

RonPaul101.com
07-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Any feedback? Does anyone else sell items to support the campaign?

hazek
07-15-2011, 10:18 AM
It can't hurt..

Johncjackson
07-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Your listing can be shutdown for spamming.

I sold on eBay professionally ( stopped when my fees tripled and they stopped allowing me to charge enough for shipping to even cover my costs) for over 10 years. I had listings shutdown for "spamming" when they included only information that was specifically about my product because of too many words and things like that. They will absolutely shutdown your auction if you include irrelevant text. Of course you might not get caught but eBay is pretty bad/good at that sort of thing.

RonPaul101.com
07-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Your listing can be shutdown for spamming.

I sold on eBay professionally ( stopped when my fees tripled and they stopped allowing me to charge enough for shipping to even cover my costs) for over 10 years. I had listings shutdown for "spamming" when they included only information that was specifically about my product because of too many words and things like that. They will absolutely shutdown your auction if you include irrelevant text. Of course you might not get caught but eBay is pretty bad/good at that sort of thing.

So basically Ebay doesn't allow using an auction as a pulpit...? I've seen much worse, like the auctions that show a car for $1 and then in the ad say, "...don't bid, you need to contact us for information about the car", et al.,

I think selling real money in support of someone like Ron Paul and having that as part of the description is very relevant to the sale. For example, a Silver Half Dollar is worth about $14 in melt value and yet I get people buying them for $20.12+. That is ONLY because I have proven the money will go to the official campaign. So without RP and the verbage herein, why would they over pay?

I do appreciate the warning though, don't get me wrong. I just can't imagine why of all ads ebay would find mine to be breaking any rules.