PDA

View Full Version : The most important poll of them all! Vote! Ron Paul losing!!!

Elwar
07-15-2011, 07:00 AM
The most important poll will be the electoral college vote. We must fill the electoral college!

Currently the electoral college voters are elected by Republican insiders. They could all vote against Ron Paul even if he wins the popular vote.

How do you get on the electoral college?

You become a delegate.

EVERY RON PAUL SUPPORTER MUST BECOME A DELEGATE!!!

Please post here if you were a delegate in 2008. List your state and the process for the newcomers.

Elwar
07-15-2011, 07:43 AM
I will start it off. I was a state delegate in Texas.

To get there I took the following steps.

Before the primary I went to the local Republican Party headquarters.

I asked about how I could become a precinct chair. They told me that the old lady who was my precinct's chair would probably love to retire. They told me that there would be a vote after the polls close on primary day at my polling place. They said that I would pick up a packet and follow through it.

The day of the vote I asked the polling worker where the Republican Party precinct chair vote would be. He showed me the room.

After the polls closed at 7PM I went to the polling place, it was saturated with Democrats doing the same thing...I would say about 50. Obama had organized them well.

I asked the precinct worker to give me the Republican packet and went into the Republican room with my wife. The old lady precinct chair came in later and said she was no longer interested in being chairwoman. We voted me the precinct chair and I sent in the packet.

About a month later we held the county district convention. We gathered there and voted for state delegates. Since I was the only delegate from my precinct at a very large precinct I was given 20 votes. Meaning, I could have had 20 Ron Paul supporters with me voting. My precinct was allotted a single state delegate. I naturally voted for myself. Though other precincts had to combine with others and vote for their one state delegate. Many people applied to be alternates in front of a small committee. I spent my time watching the committee. They basically had everyone come in and give their reasons why they should be considered as an alternate. After they had all done so, they all picked their buddies and current office holders of people who were not even there. The Ron Paul supporters who went up in front of them had no chance.

I then went to the state convention about a month later. That is where they vote on state party bi-laws, state chairmen, etc. They also break up into districts and vote on the most important role. That of the electoral college representative. They also vote for the national delegates. The national delegates go on to the national convention and vote on which candidate becomes the Republican Party presidential candidate. For Texas the national delegates are bound to the majority winner. But are then freed up after 1 or 2 rounds of voting if there is no majority winner the first time around. So they could at that point vote for whomever they want. Last time, Ron Paul supporters only got a few people into those roles.

Our electoral college winner was just some guy that had done volunteering for the party for a while and everyone there (all of the establishment Republicans) knew him.

At my county level, if we could have had just 20-30 Ron Paul supporters go to their precinct vote we would have had the majority and been able to send all Ron Paul supporters to the state convention. As it was, I think I was the only one to make it that far out of about 12 delegates.

It does not take a lot to get to the state delegate level. Think of it as the most important straw poll of the year.

jmag
07-15-2011, 02:42 PM
This is from '08 but it may be helpful.
http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/becomedelegate.html

Also a good way is to find meetup groups in your location. People in the groups should know the process.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?267-States-amp-Territories

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 04:30 PM
bump

Elwar
07-16-2011, 07:38 PM
bump

Carehn
07-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Sounds like you fell in before they found out to much about you. They all know who i am in my county, but about half of them are with me in some aspect. Party is split down the line but till about last election we have and upper hand. But when i say we it consists of many different views. Lots of tea party people of all stripes. At least we have the good old boys outnumbered for stuff of grave importance.

Never done the delegate thing but can honestly say attending party meetings is something fun to do once a month. Its about the most effect an average person can have in politics on all levels. Very large bang for buck if that applies. Little effort for such a massive effect.
Also almost forces you into local issues. I strongly recommend you all get involved with your local republicrat party. Most fun you will ever have for free.

TheTyke
07-16-2011, 11:45 PM
This is super important. I was just told that in Kentucky, even ELECTORS are selected by the conventions. So this is critical not only for helping Ron through the primary and changing the party, but for assuring that he beats Obama as well.

GET INVOLVED NOW!!!

Watch
07-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Well, well, finally something to do at the local level about the damned electoral college.

speciallyblend
07-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Colorado, 30 days to become a resident, register republican. Then get involved and pull yourself to GOP meetings kicking and screaming if you have to;) Then learn to bite your tongue sometimes( something i find hard to do);) Then announce you want to be a delegate ,volunteer for things! I actually lost my vote by 1-2 votes, so i became an alternate! I continued to be involved as the state convention came upon us. I planned to volunteer for the Colorado convention but my lake county chair person called to let me know i would be a delegate now:) so i went to the Colorado republican convention:):) and represented RON PAUL 2008!!!!!!! We were the energy,passion and life of the convention!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-dAqCnKyA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-dAqCnKyA

Ron Paul 2012 ,PS it is simple folks get involved reg republican and win the nomination for Ron Paul 2012, Wolverines:)

Elwar
07-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Sounds like you fell in before they found out to much about you. They all know who i am in my county, but about half of them are with me in some aspect. Party is split down the line but till about last election we have and upper hand. But when i say we it consists of many different views. Lots of tea party people of all stripes. At least we have the good old boys outnumbered for stuff of grave importance.

Never done the delegate thing but can honestly say attending party meetings is something fun to do once a month. Its about the most effect an average person can have in politics on all levels. Very large bang for buck if that applies. Little effort for such a massive effect.
Also almost forces you into local issues. I strongly recommend you all get involved with your local republicrat party. Most fun you will ever have for free.

I will look into my local Republican meetings here in Florida. Thanks for the inspiration.