PDA

View Full Version : I Met Sheriff Richard Mack!

IndianaPolitico
07-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Former Sheriff Richard Mack came to Bluffton IN. a few days ago, and I had the chance to meet him! I went to a lunch meeting with him, and it was great to hear him speak. He is VERY passionate, well spoken, and right on the issues. What was also great was to see 3 current county sheriffs, a former county sheriff, a police chief, a patrol captain, and 2 undersheriffs come out to hear him. And I think that the evening meeting had more attending. (I also got another signature for my pocket constitution!) =) If he ever comes to your area, be sure to go hear him! He is the Ron Paul of peace officers!

ronpaulhawaii
07-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Good to hear :)

... What was also great was to see 3 current county sheriffs, a former county sheriff, a police chief, a patrol captain, and 2undersheriffs come out to hear him. And I think that the evening meeting had more attending...

#winning!

I met him first at Lexington Green for the launch of Oathkeepers where he agreed to set me up with his books for the second bike ride. Was very impressed watching him film this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJgPuNAh60
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJgPuNAh60

And we met again at the end of the ride in CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5YLjZWu4ss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5YLjZWu4ss

:D

There are good cops and bad cops. We would do well to let them know we know this, and to get them on our side

Onward

IndianaPolitico
07-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Agreed, there have been rumors that he may run for something again, and he kind of hinted just a bit during his speech that he is considering that.

fisharmor
07-15-2011, 12:54 PM
There are good cops and bad cops.

So I'm sitting here trying to think of other things which fall into such clear-cut categories.
Cholesterol?
What else is there that can be objectively defined as "good" or "bad"?
How does this not immediately devolve into your own subjective definition of what makes a good cop vs. a bad cop?

There are a couple facts about cops that don't get evaluated when people make statements like this.
They have the authority and permission to kill you on the spot for any grievance, or no grievance at all.
They will not be prosecuted for this in all but the most heinous examples, and even in those cases they do not suffer punishments in line with what non-law enforcement would suffer.
They get to disregard many less serious laws than murder as well, and the system is blind to those offenses as well.

We have set them up as übermenschen, high priests of the official state religion.
So forgive me if my own subjective evaluation of the word "good" in this context is a little more strict than yours.

In my definition, "good" behavior by law enforcement would include the realization that they serve no purpose in a free society, and subsequent resignation upon that realization.
I define "bad" behavior by law enforcement as anything short of this.

Staying within the system reinforces the system. Upon hearing about the Florida murder-by-cop of the autistic boy last week, I sent the article to a friend with a boy with autism, because of how she fawns over the police where she lives and a particular cop she knows by name who does the autism encounter training for the commonwealth.
I even got a picture of him with her kids.
The fact that such training also occurs in Florida went sailing over her head.

Her "good cop" exists in Virginia for one reason and only one reason: to make her feel the way she does about cops.
If her boy had an encounter with the local police, he stands as much chance of getting gunned down in cold blood as did the Florida boy.
The good cop exists only to make her ignore this unanswerable fact.

Perhaps some "good cops" do exist. But they only exist because if they didn't, we would be in violent revolution against the bad ones.
They are a PR stunt. They aren't solving any problems with police - they are solving a problem for the police.

ronpaulhawaii
07-15-2011, 08:10 PM
So I'm sitting here trying to think of other things which fall into such clear-cut categories.
Cholesterol?
What else is there that can be objectively defined as "good" or "bad"?
How does this not immediately devolve into your own subjective definition of what makes a good cop vs. a bad cop?

There are a couple facts about cops that don't get evaluated when people make statements like this.
They have the authority and permission to kill you on the spot for any grievance, or no grievance at all.

Oh bull, they do not have "permission to kill you on the spot for any grievance, or no grievance at all" It may happen, but there is no "permission"

They will not be prosecuted for this in all but the most heinous examples, and even in those cases they do not suffer punishments in line with what non-law enforcement would suffer.

Your bias is incredible. Yes, things are bad, yes they sometimes get away with murder, but sometimes they don't (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23373250/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/ex-cop-sentenced-life-prison-murders/)

They get to disregard many less serious laws than murder as well, and the system is blind to those offenses as well.

Really? (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-07-01/news/0906300534_1_ex-chicago-sentenced-drug-dealers)

We have set them up as übermenschen, high priests of the official state religion.
So forgive me if my own subjective evaluation of the word "good" in this context is a little more strict than yours.

Wait for it...

In my definition, "good" behavior by law enforcement would include the realization that they serve no purpose in a free society, and subsequent resignation upon that realization.
I define "bad" behavior by law enforcement as anything short of this.

Sad...

Staying within the system reinforces the system. Upon hearing about the Florida murder-by-cop of the autistic boy last week, I sent the article to a friend with a boy with autism, because of how she fawns over the police where she lives and a particular cop she knows by name who does the autism encounter training for the commonwealth.
I even got a picture of him with her kids.
The fact that such training also occurs in Florida went sailing over her head.

Her "good cop" exists in Virginia for one reason and only one reason: to make her feel the way she does about cops.
If her boy had an encounter with the local police, he stands as much chance of getting gunned down in cold blood as did the Florida boy.
The good cop exists only to make her ignore this unanswerable fact.

Perhaps some "good cops" do exist. But they only exist because if they didn't, we would be in violent revolution against the bad ones.
They are a PR stunt. They aren't solving any problems with police - they are solving a problem for the police.

I feel sorry for you that you have resorted to collectivism and prejudice to deal with your disillusionment

Here are some good cops (http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/07/12/quartzsite-police-officers-association-letter-regarding-police-chief-jeff-gilbert/)