PDA

View Full Version : How do yall Cope?

RP4ME
10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
As things deteriorate in our nations capitol with crooked legislation being passed daily.......and all the rest of the mess we are bombarded with how do you cope (aside form getting RP elected)?? And stay positive and not letthe world get you down?

I have been nostalgic for and started watching shows like: Andy griffith, Gunsmoke, and my favorite Bonanza where the law was fair, right and full of grace......and times were so simple......and men looked smoking hot on a horse......like Matt Dillon and Lil Jo Cartwright! Yah Yah! giddy up!
How about yall?

steph3n
10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I plod on. What more can I do?

Waddling in self depression gets one no where.

ConstitutionGal
10-31-2007, 02:46 PM
I tend to either watch CSI (and take notes on how NOT to do things !! LOL) or I stick my head in a good book or watch a good, uplifting movie on DVD like Braveheart or The Patriot!! Either of those is sure to get you back on track as they can give us incentive to battle on before things have to be taken to the point that both of those depict.

nayjevin
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Serenity Now!

"God grant us: Serenity to accept the things we cannot change; Courage to change the things we can; Wisdom to know the difference."

Mortikhi
10-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I ponder the possibilities of getting a collective together and marching to DC bearing arms.

I've come to the conclusion that it would take 100k people.

Original_Intent
10-31-2007, 03:30 PM
I ponder the possibilities of getting a collective together and marching to DC bearing arms.

I am sad to admit that on my more depressed days I think this will be what it takes to change anything.

NoxTwilight
10-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Especially if Ron doesn't win the nomination or Presidency.

But I really think that if enough people wake up and hear his message that he will win. I will do all I can to make that happen.

But I will "Live Free or Die"

Akus
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
As things deteriorate in our nations capitol with crooked legislation being passed daily.......and all the rest of the mess we are bombarded with how do you cope (aside form getting RP elected)?? And stay positive and not letthe world get you down?

I have been nostalgic for and started watching shows like: Andy griffith, Gunsmoke, and my favorite Bonanza where the law was fair, right and full of grace......and times were so simple......and men looked smoking hot on a horse......like Matt Dillon and Lil Jo Cartwright! Yah Yah! giddy up!
How about yall?

i JUST do what little I alone can. I haven't been locally active but will be as soon as it's practical betwenn my job search and what not. I also console myself with a notion that this nation will disintegrate long after I'm dead. I mean what can I, one man, do about corruption, inflations, irresposible fiscal spending? Nothing. Just read, learn, educate othes who want to listen and hope that the word spreads around.

NoxTwilight
10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
I mean what can I, one man, do about corruption, inflations, irresposible fiscal spending? Nothing. Just read, learn, educate othes who want to listen and hope that the word spreads around.

that's a lot more than nothing! That is all most of us can do - hard in the face of so many people who refuse to accept what is happening.

Esor
10-31-2007, 04:05 PM

Ohh great, now you're on the government's watch list.

Kregener
10-31-2007, 04:07 PM
I break out the Springfield M1A and extra mags, strip it, clean it, reassemble it, and go target shooting.

When they enact a "crazy law" that says I no longer have the "right" to own it, I know it is time to use it.

Brennon
10-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I cope with a good bottle of whiskey. :p

freelance
10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
It gets harder with each passing headline.

nayjevin
10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
good bottle of whiskey

And where exactly does such a thing exist in this universe? I never found a good one.

ladyliberty
10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
I cope by plotting my escape plan - if Hillary wins the Presidency I plan on packing my bags and heading for the hills!!!

Also chocolate helps - lots of chocolate! ;)

jgmaynard
10-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Fortunantly, here in NH, we are still winning a lot of the time, making the state freer. We don't win every battle (stupid restaurant smoking ban!), but we win enough to keep our spirits up. :D

JM

Brennon
10-31-2007, 04:57 PM
And where exactly does such a thing exist in this universe? I never found a good one.

Well good is rather subjective. I have horrible taste in alcohol and will drink just about anything strong. :o

voortrekker
10-31-2007, 05:17 PM
I go to the range with my trusty M1A.

Focused, concentrated rifle fire.

The stress of everyday life dissolves with this marksmanship hobby.

Jogging works too, but it's not as fun.:)

constituent
10-31-2007, 05:22 PM
i worry about the things that i can actually make a difference with, the people i run into around town or whatever, my friends and family. the rest of it really only has as much control over your life as you let it, i think it's very important to realize this and embrace it. you're only as much a part of the world as you choose to be.

Mortikhi
10-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Ohh great, now you're on the government's watch list.
F 'em

Buzz
10-31-2007, 08:10 PM
How about yall?

I'm only 21, but I love those shows and the rest of the oldies. They're the only thing that kinda-almost makes me wish I had cable.

nayjevin
10-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Well good is rather subjective. I have horrible taste in alcohol and will drink just about anything strong.

HA! not the taste! the effect is no good! no such thing as a good politician either (until RP of course)

Valene
10-31-2007, 08:16 PM
I've lived in fear my whole life. From first grade, where I was herded into an auditorium to watch the effects of an atomic bomb, to doing atomic bomb drills on the playground, where I laid on my belly on the ground, three feet apart from any other kid with my hands over my head. My parents agonized over whether we should have an atomic bomb shelter built in the back yard when the door-to-door salesman came and showed them which one would be best. I was told never ever open the door to the shelter to anyone, cause there wasn't enough water and food.

One Thanksgiving, we didn't have cranberry sauce, because the bogs in Rhode Island were contaminated by radiation from the above ground atomic testing. One time, the school didn't provide us milk for our lunches cause it was said the above ground testing contaminated the milk cows. No wonder we have so much cancer today.

Then there was Vietnam. I was in college in Ohio. I demonstrated until the poor souls were shot at Kent State. I was in fear about that.

Tried to get a job after college and as I feared being a woman I was denied jobs because I was married, because I had children.

Being older now, I guess I'm just tired of being outraged. How do I cope?
I have faith in all you guys and gals on this forum and around the country that you will take up the message of Dr Paul. run for office and finally make this US of A the kind of country my ancestors died for.

Brennon
10-31-2007, 08:18 PM
HA! not the taste! the effect is no good! no such thing as a good politician either (until RP of course)

Now, now...I do my finest campaigning for the good doctor when I'm drunk. No inhibition so I'm up on my soap box at bars. :D

RP4ME
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM

kentucky

Shiranu
10-31-2007, 08:41 PM
I dream of him winning, and that he saved my life from suicidal depression

noxagol
10-31-2007, 09:12 PM
I cope by fighting back. It is in times of great darkness that the light of heroes truly shines.

Corydoras
10-31-2007, 09:36 PM
I read the science fiction of Cordwainer Smith, which is remarkably hopeful considering that it is largely about the urge to dignity and freedom within a totalitarian universe.

Electric Church
11-01-2007, 03:37 AM
how do you cope....

God
:cool:

thehittgirl
11-01-2007, 05:47 AM
I cope with a good bottle of whiskey. :p

Beer.

LOL. It's really hard. I am now battling some Christians who are still brainwashed. Unbelievable. Think they will see the truth where they're hauled off, or do you think they'll buy into the propaganda that they're being hauled off for their "safety"?:rolleyes:

thuja
11-01-2007, 05:55 AM

How about yall?

we are watching the same tv, it seems. we are not alone, as so many people tell me that if the look at tv at all, its one of the religious channels that show old comedies and a few westerns like you mention.
i spend time working outdoors too, as it is an inspiration to enjoy nature, and something to be grateful for, as well as to protect. property rights are not to be ignored.

ConstitutionGal
11-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Beer.

LOL. It's really hard. I am now battling some Christians who are still brainwashed. Unbelievable. Think they will see the truth where they're hauled off, or do you think they'll buy into the propaganda that they're being hauled off for their "safety"?:rolleyes:

Personally, I think around 80% will go along either thinking it's for their safety or that it's just some terrible mistake that will be straightened out soon.

Brennon
11-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Beer.

History would suggest the majority go along with it in order to ensure security.

constituent
11-01-2007, 10:54 AM
History would suggest the majority go along with it in order to ensure security.

but this is America.

Trance Dance Master
11-11-2007, 01:16 AM
I have been nostalgic for and started watching shows like: Andy griffith, Gunsmoke, and my favorite Bonanza
Do you know any good sites to download episodes of these shows from? You can check through these:

http://tvteddy.blogspot.com/2007/10/tv-links-replacements.html