PDA

View Full Version : New fun idea.

Carehn
07-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I was thinking and my head started to hurt. So I took a brake and then started thinking again when it felt cooled. So I was thinking I wanted a government that lived withing the limit of the constitution at the very least. Now we all know this is not likely to happen but we cant give up. But in the mean time i fill like i may re-wright the constitution in a way that makes it so the government we have today is totally constitutional. Like the constitution of 2011 - A new modern form of government for a modern world.

Now in this constitution I would take the old one, line by line and rewrite it to make everything our government has done 100% constitutional and then see what this new and more civilized version looks like.

A quick one would look like this

Article 1
Government is all powerful.

But i think the way i plan on doing this would make up a much more fun and terrifying script and maybe if i pass it around as the New Constitution rewritten for our modern and wise government it may wake some people up.

What do you all think??? Suggestions???

Carehn
07-14-2011, 09:25 PM
quick sample

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, but may pass law prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech provided it is approved speech and non offensive to large voting blocks or voting blocks congress deems to be large, or of the state run press; or the right of the people to peaceably ask permission to assemble in solidarity and support of government policy. No petition of redress of grievances shall be heard or tolerated.

DamianTV
07-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Youre playing with fire there. You may just find that this version of the Constitution is the one our "Elected" Officials, the ones that supposedly "Represent" the People are already following.

Carehn
07-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Youre playing with fire there. You may just find that this version of the Constitution is the one our "Elected" Officials, the ones that supposedly "Represent" the People are already following.

That is the idea. I want to see what it looks like.

CaptUSA
07-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Article 1
Government is all powerful.

Could just stop right there...

Carehn
07-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Could just stop right there...

True but I'm trying to make a statement. Maybe one paragraph a night and a forum full of proof reading.

acptulsa
07-15-2011, 08:24 AM
There was a wiki on this site three years ago where we did this very thing with the Bill of Rights. Don't know if it got 'archived' or not, but it was pretty damned good.