PDA

View Full Version : I think Sarah Palin Will Endorse Ron before Iowa...

No Free Beer
07-14-2011, 04:05 PM
As my headline states, I believe Sarah Palin will endorse Ron Paul right before either Ames or the actual caucus. I think this is not an easy prediction, nor do I think it's a bold one. I think it is, however, one that not a lot of media personalities expect, thus thrusting Paul into front runner status. A lot of people (in RPF as well as other social media networks) believe that Palin will endorse either Perry or Bachmann. I do not have anything to support my claim against the endorsement of Perry (who I predict will enter the race in August), other than the fact he is not officially in (yet), I still do not think he will get her nod. But with Bachmann, there has been proof that Bachmanns campaign manager has taken shots at Palin herself. Something Palin is very aware of. Here is a link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/07/bachmann_campaign_manager_ed_rollins_palin_has_not _been_serious.html .

As well all know, Palin not only considers herself as an "outsider" and an "anti-establishment" leader (which Ron is as well), she supported Rand Paul in his bid for Senate in KY. Here is another link, with video evidence, of Sarah's fondness of Ron Paul: http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/06/sarah-palin-on-ron-paul-hes-cool-good.html .

What do you all think? Am I wrong? Am I right? If not Paul, who does she support? If Ron were to get another endorsement, who do you guys think? Help a brother out...

trey4sports
07-14-2011, 04:07 PM
i think there is a good chance of it, but she endorsed a lot of folks running for Congress so the fact she endorsed Rand isn't a good predictor she will endorse Ron, i believe.

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I think it is the prudent thing to do for her career. Especially now that headlines are reporting that she has not had much luck fundraising so far this year.

The Dark Knight
07-14-2011, 04:08 PM
hmm It would be great but probably wont happen. Lets not forget that this woman was John McCain's running mate a few years back. I could be wrong because Sarah really is unpredictable.

Jackie Treehorn
07-14-2011, 04:12 PM
I can see it happening, and it could work wonders for RP in the MSM. Not only is Palin [supposedly] struggling with fundraising, but I just don't get the presidential vibe from her. Rand was a good sign for Ron, but if she endorsed pretender Bachmann I would cry.

tangent4ronpaul
07-14-2011, 04:13 PM
She's rather liking her poll numbers and is hedging about entering the race.
Trump also went back on his statement of not running stating that if he didn't think there was a candidate that could beat Obama, he's consider getting in the race after all. Then again, he's an attention whore.

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I can see it happening, and it could work wonders for RP in the MSM. Not only is Palin [supposedly] struggling with fundraising, but I just don't get the presidential vibe from her. If she endorsed pretender Bachmann I would cry. Rand was a good sign for Ron.

another big lebowski fan I see.....welcome to the site, dude.

Sola_Fide
07-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Probably not going to happen. Would be sweet though!

Jackie Treehorn
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
another big lebowski fan I see.....welcome to the site, dude.

Thanks--I toyed with making my screen name "Logjammin", but it didn't have the same ring to it.

Romulus
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I think she might do it...

Maybe we should politely ask for her endorsement?

Billay
07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't think she will but if I'm running Rons campaign i'm asking her to endrose.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Would be nice, but nope.

Southron
07-14-2011, 04:22 PM
If she does it will prove many people here wrong. She has been trashed quite a bit.

Billay
07-14-2011, 04:24 PM
She'll run if theres money to be made. We hear Romney and Cain talk about business experience but this women has to be the best business women. She's made millions in a very short period of time.

Tarzan
07-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I actually expected her to stay out of things... then, just before NH, come out for Bakman. I don't think this will happen now. There are too many cracks appearing in the Bakman campaign and she has become the but of several late night show jokes... which I expect to continue. I love the Leno joke about her new theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF6JMotbHYM&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_898806

So, I think with the problems Bakman is having... and other potential issues in her personal life... Paylin will not be supporting her. Will Paylin endorse RP... wow, I really don't know at this point. Yes, if she thinks she can sell more books... No, if she thinks she can make more money elsewhere.

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 04:28 PM
If she does it will prove many people here wrong. She has been trashed quite a bit.

And many here have defended her at times as well. She surprised many when she endorsed Rand, I'll hold out hope that she does the right thing and endorses his father this go-around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A

Fermli
07-14-2011, 04:33 PM
No way a Palin endorsement will come before Ames. And I doubt it will come before the Iowa caucus. She'll wait to see who emerges as the contender to take on Romney and then endorse. No way she's going to stick her neck out and endorse Paul early on.

Koz
07-14-2011, 04:41 PM
She'll support Perry, I personally guarantee it

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 04:43 PM
She'll support Perry, I personally guarantee it

Want to wager a homebrew on it?

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
She's unpredictable, so there's no telling what she'll do, but I see it as unlikely.

Palin to decide on White House bid by late summer

AP – 20 hrs ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin says she'll announce her intentions for the White House in late August or early September.

http://news.yahoo.com/palin-decide-white-house-bid-summer-022556061.html

fearthereaperx
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
She won't, simply because of Ron Paul's stance on foreign policy. Palin's son is an Iraq war veteran; they have been very supportive of these wars in the past.

rp08orbust
07-14-2011, 04:55 PM
She won't, simply because of Ron Paul's stance on foreign policy. Palin's son is an Iraq war veteran; they have been very supportive of these wars in the past.

Rand Paul isn't supportive of the wars.

fearthereaperx
07-14-2011, 04:56 PM
So it's a bit illogical on her part to side with Ron Paul as she won't risk alienating her pro-war tea party base.

rp08orbust
07-14-2011, 04:57 PM
So it's a bit illogical on her part to side with Ron Paul as she won't risk alienating her pro-war tea party base.

Then why was it logical to endorse Rand Paul?

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 04:58 PM

Or her siding with Dr. Paul will convert those pro-war tea party people. Haven't you heard? They are the democrats' wars now. It is ok to be against them.

Koz
07-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Want to wager a homebrew on it?

You are on my friend.

fearthereaperx
07-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Rand Paul isn't supportive of the wars.

He isn't, but Rand Paul didn't run a campaign lambasting the wars and he surely wouldn't have spoken out about the errors of the Bin Laden raid during an important race either. IMO Rand Paul ran to win with an excellent campaign and to get there he had to ride the mainstream Limbaugh/Beck tea party platform.

erowe1
07-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Why would she endorse RP over Bachmann? I can't think of any good reason.

jp5065
07-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Palin will endorse whoever offers her the most goodies.

Ron won't offer her anything.

scrosnoe
07-14-2011, 05:08 PM
We should be politely reaching out to her at all time and encouraging her to come go with us! Gently chastising her when she errs. This should be a no brainer for her especially when all the dirt blowing around out there comes out on Perry. How a portion of the Christian community can be backing him is beyond my comprehension. Bachmann should eventually endorse Ron also. At least one can hope and work to that end!

scrosnoe
07-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Why would she endorse RP over Bachmann? I can't think of any good reason.

Depends on who has the most traction at that point. So let's make sure it is us!

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Why would she endorse RP over Bachmann? I can't think of any good reason.I've heard rumors there's a little bit of bad blood there. Bachmann also cuts into her turf as the top conservative woman. If I were in her place, I certainly wouldn't want to elevate Bachmann. I see Palin endorsing Perry if that becomes an option.

erowe1
07-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I've heard rumors there's a little bit of bad blood there. Bachmann also cuts into her turf as the top conservative woman. If I were in her place, I certainly wouldn't want to elevate Bachmann. I see Palin endorsing Perry if that becomes an option.

Of course! The queen bee syndrome. How in the world did I miss it?

PastaRocket848
07-14-2011, 05:22 PM
I think she'll endorse perry as well. She's as establishment as anyone else (she's literally hand-picked by the GOP brass). Rick perry is the establishment pick. She'll fall in lock-step with the people she owes her fame and income to.

fearthereaperx
07-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I think she'll endorse perry as well. She's as establishment as anyone else (she's literally hand-picked by the GOP brass). Rick perry is the establishment pick. She'll fall in lock-step with the people she owes her fame and income to.

p(r)ick*

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-14-2011, 05:35 PM
I think she'll endorse perry as well. She's as establishment as anyone else (she's literally hand-picked by the GOP brass). Rick perry is the establishment pick. She'll fall in lock-step with the people she owes her fame and income to.Perry is also said to have "Tea Party support". He's being sold as the guy who can join the establishment Republicans and the TP. That sounds exactly like the person Palin could safely get behind, assuming she doesn't enter herself.

RonPaul101.com
07-14-2011, 05:36 PM
It would be a wise move for her and a low risk one. Ron Paul is all in this time so (from Palin's prospective) she's either backing a winner or by the next time its relevant he will have retired; she can't lose. I hope she is smart enough to realize that backing Bachmann or Pawlenty or whoever is risky, as they may become the establishment she preaches against. At least with Dr Paul, there's no chance of that occurring.

Question, is there any chance of Chris Christie endorsing Paul? If not, who is he likely to be favoring?

trey4sports
07-14-2011, 05:41 PM
It would be a wise move for her and a low risk one. Ron Paul is all in this time so (from Palin's prospective) she's either backing a winner or by the next time its relevant he will have retired; she can't lose. I hope she is smart enough to realize that backing Bachmann or Pawlenty or whoever is risky, as they may become the establishment she preaches against. At least with Dr Paul, there's no chance of that occurring.

Question, is there any chance of Chris Christie endorsing Paul? If not, who is he likely to be favoring?

no, he called Ron Paul a nut (or something along those lines) a couple months back.

CaptUSA
07-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Palin will not endorse Bachman. Period. Not going to happen.

In her latest interview, she explicitly said she wants someone with "executive" experience. I believe that to be a shot at Bachman.

Unfortunately, that means that she may very well go for Perry. How do we stop this from happening? Make sure Paul stays at the top of Ames. Make sure Perry doesn't pick up Bachman's support. Make sure Perry doesn't become the anti-Romney.

If it looks like Perry may not win, she won't endorse him. I think the best we can hope for is that she stays out of the endorsing game as long as possible. The longer she goes, the better for Paul. If Paul looks to be the anti-Romney, she'll endorse him.

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Make sure Perry doesn't become the anti-Romney.Fortunately, it will be easy to paint Perry just like Romney, an establishment RINO. There's a stack of ammo to use against him. ;)

PastaRocket848
07-14-2011, 06:14 PM
One would think his similarities to Bush Jr. would turn people off. Especially tea party people. It's odd that they're casting him as the tea party hero.

Jackie Treehorn
07-14-2011, 06:42 PM
No way a Palin endorsement will come before Ames. And I doubt it will come before the Iowa caucus. She'll wait to see who emerges as the contender to take on Romney and then endorse. No way she's going to stick her neck out and endorse Paul early on.

Good point...hopefully you're wrong, for RP's sake.

No Free Beer
07-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Do some of you not know how to read? I dont mean to be rude, but someone asked "why would she endorse rp over bachmann?" why dont you read my thread and you will understand why...

speciallyblend
07-14-2011, 06:48 PM
i am not a big sarah palin fan but if she did endorse Ron Paul? It would add a whole new layer of respect to palin!!

forsmant
07-14-2011, 06:51 PM
This thread is retarded

No Free Beer
07-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Forsmant is just angry that I get more women than him

rockandrollsouls
07-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Not a snowball's chance in hell.

theBrewMeister
07-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Palin backed Perry for the Tea Party in TX already. Why wouldnt she do it again. There's footage of it on YT. I'll go find it maybe.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVxWG01V_hM&feature=related

P.S. As mentioned before, this thread IS retarded. Also, if your a Palin fan, you might as well go choke yourself now.

reduen
07-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Won't happen and I can't believe some people in here actually still think that it might....

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 08:30 PM
You are on my friend.

deal.

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Won't happen and I can't believe some people in here actually still think that it might....

A lot of people said that about Rand too. They were wrong.

Eric21ND
07-15-2011, 12:32 AM
The psychology of Palin is that establishment politicians and media have burned her, I'm willing to bet she'd like to stick it to them. A Paul endorsement would accomplish that. Plus the Paul family are real people, Palin is a salt of the earth type person as well so she'd mesh well with the Pauls...and most importantly, they would never betray her for political gain. She'd have good loyal, intellectual friends in the Pauls. Once Ron is in the top 3 front runners later on, It is a realistic possibility she endorses him.

teacherone
07-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks--I toyed with making my screen name "Logjammin", but it didn't have the same ring to it.

sarah palin treats objects like women!

hazek
07-15-2011, 04:40 AM
I think it's highly unlikely she will do it but if she does I believe it will be one of the most important events in Ron's run that will give him a huge boost in support and we will owe her for ever.

Imaginos
07-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Palin is the property of the establishment (especially the Military Industrial Complex and AIPAC).
Her handlers will decide on the issue of endorsement, not her.

tangent4ronpaul
07-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Forsmant is just angry that I get more women than him

So give us some tips! - LOL!

TheTyke
07-15-2011, 05:29 AM
We can't know for sure. She DID endorse Rand and tick them off, so she doesn't seem wholly owned by the Machine - a bit random, really. But being supportive and polite to someone despite disagreements is the best way to get an endorsement - like Rand did with Sen. Bunning - I wonder if anyone who gets through to her will manage that. Hehe..

CaptUSA
07-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Once Ron is in the top 3 front runners later on, It is a realistic possibility she endorses him.

This is why we need her to stay out of the endorsement game as long as possible. The longer it takes for her to endorse someone, the better for Paul. And fortunately, I really think she'll wait it out. She'll want to endorse whoever the non-establishment candidate is that can win. And since it's going to take a while to figure out who that will be, I think she'll sit on her hands.

Imaginos
07-15-2011, 06:12 AM
There's a new litmus test.
The test is out to figure out who's working for the establishment.
The test is whether they endorse Ron Paul or not.
It's Ron Paul VS. the establishment.
All the other candidates stand for the status quo (except Gary Johnson).
We will see clearly who's in the pocket of the establishment.
Ps: If Palin endorses Dr. Paul, I will make a public apology to her.
But I highly doubt Palin would go against her handlers.

Chieppa1
07-15-2011, 06:14 AM
I think if Ron wins Iowa, she will jump in the race and screw shit up. Just a feeling.

parocks
07-15-2011, 07:32 AM
I've read every post here on this thread, looking to agree with someone who said something like "Palin will run". But I haven't seen anyone say that.

So, I'll say that Palin will run. I'm definitely not sure of that. But everyone else is talking about who she'll endorse. I think we should be looking at least as closely at a Palin run as guessing who she'd endorse. If she runs, she'll be hard to beat. She's the most popular and the most famous Republican, to Republicans.

parocks
07-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Who are Palin's handlers?

There's a new litmus test.
The test is out to figure out who's working for the establishment.
The test is whether they endorse Ron Paul or not.
It's Ron Paul VS. the establishment.
All the other candidates stand for the status quo (except Gary Johnson).
We will see clearly who's in the pocket of the establishment.
Ps: If Palin endorses Dr. Paul, I will make a public apology to her.

No Free Beer
07-15-2011, 07:49 AM
@theBrewMeister,

If this thread was so retarded, why did you even bother making a comment? It is the allure of the name, "No Free Beer"? ;)

erowe1
07-15-2011, 07:51 AM

They've already gone against her.
http://theweek.com/article/index/213471/bill-kristol-turns-on-sarah-palin-the-final-straw

And Hell hath no fury...

reduen
07-15-2011, 08:08 AM
A lot of people said that about Rand too. They were wrong.

I believe that the difference here would be that Rand is not seen as weak on Israel like his dad is....

Eric21ND
07-15-2011, 08:44 AM
This is why we need her to stay out of the endorsement game as long as possible. The longer it takes for her to endorse someone, the better for Paul. And fortunately, I really think she'll wait it out. She'll want to endorse whoever the non-establishment candidate is that can win. And since it's going to take a while to figure out who that will be, I think she'll sit on her hands.
This is probably the most likely scenario.

specsaregood
07-15-2011, 09:03 AM
I believe that the difference here would be that Rand is not seen as weak on Israel like his dad is....

See, and I believe somebody that has been attacked unfairly and ridiculed might just be willing to research his positions and figure out that is not the case. If the nysun can say he isn't "weak on israel" then Palin can sure enough figure that out as well.

kazmlsj
07-15-2011, 09:21 AM
I think she'll endorse herself if she runs.

Has she said she is not in the race?

ctiger2
07-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Endorsing Ron Paul for President would REALLY be going rogue Sarah...

http://vizu.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c54e653ef0128765542f9970c-800wi

specsaregood
07-15-2011, 11:11 AM
I think she'll endorse herself if she runs.

Has she said she is not in the race?

Running and losing would effectively end her career. I don't see her making that mistake.

Eric21ND
07-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Running and losing would effectively end her career. I don't see her making that mistake.
Especially with Bachmann in the field. If Palin couldn't best Bachmann, her 15 mins of fame would be up essentially. Too risky for her to get in now, she'll play the role of kingmaker.

civusamericanus
07-15-2011, 11:29 AM
This is how I see it playing out... Perry stays out until after the Ames Straw Poll, Palin endorses Bachmann to show SISTER SOLIDARITY, at which point it will make a #1 win at Ames that more difficult for Ron Paul. Then if Perry enters race I see all the GW Bush lovers jumping on his wagon, and there sure is a lot of them. If Perry catches a lead I see Bachmann being picked for his running mate.

Another-wards, either Ron Paul wins Ames, or it is going to be near impossible. Even 2nd place may not get announced in the news as we've seen before they'll make a big deal about the winner, then move on to the other candidates.

I call it the Palin-Bachmann-Perry love triangle, those are the three players to watch, and will likely be our biggest competition, I don't see Ron Paul getting endorsements from any of them unless he wins the primary, at which point it's a little late. But if any of them want to throw their endorsements to Ron Paul, I and many others would have a much more positive view of them.

parocks
07-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Bachmann will be taken out by SNL. We have to start hitting Perry immediately. Not just because he, like Bachmann, Palin, presents a threat to a Ron Paul victory, but because Ron Paul himself said that Perry was part of the international conspiracy. Palin and Bachmann are not intrinsically bad people. Gardasil Rick Perry is.

This is how I see it playing out... Perry stays out until after the Ames Straw Poll, Palin endorses Bachmann to show SISTER SOLIDARITY, at which point it will make a #1 win at Ames that more difficult for Ron Paul. Then if Perry enters race I see all the GW Bush lovers jumping on his wagon, and there sure is a lot of them. If Perry catches a lead I see Bachmann being picked for his running mate.

Another-wards, either Ron Paul wins Ames, or it is going to be near impossible. Even 2nd place may not get announced in the news as we've seen before they'll make a big deal about the winner, then move on to the other candidates.

I call it the Palin-Bachmann-Perry love triangle, those are the three players to watch, and will likely be our biggest competition, I don't see Ron Paul getting endorsements from any of them unless he wins the primary, at which point it's a little late. But if any of them want to throw their endorsements to Ron Paul, I and many others would have a much more positive view of them.

parocks
07-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Like it did Reagans? Or Ron Pauls? Palin is likely to run, and if she does, likely to win. Look how well Bachmann is doing. Bachmann gets crushed by SNL, Palin picks up all them, eventually, and a bunch of others.

Remember, Palin is the most popular Republican, and the most famous Republican. If Palin lost all of her campaign skills in the last 4 years, she wouldn't be quite as strong a candidate.

reduen
07-15-2011, 01:53 PM

One might argue that quitting Alaska half way through her term has already done this so I agree with you here but I would be willing to bet that she will not endorse Ron Paul before the primary is over... You see, I only see Palin entering the race to specifically take support away from Dr. Paul if Bachmann, Cain, etc...fail. I think that they are trying Perry out right now to see how much of the Neoteaparty "Conservative Christian" support that he can get. If he can do a good job, he takes Romney's place. Perry appears to me to be the golden boy right now and probably Bachmann as his running mate.

reduen
07-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Like it did Reagans? Or Ron Pauls? Palin is likely to run, and if she does, likely to win. Look how well Bachmann is doing. Bachmann gets crushed by SNL, Palin picks up all them, eventually, and a bunch of others.

Remember, Palin is the most popular Republican, and the most famous Republican. If Palin lost all of her campaign skills in the last 4 years, she wouldn't be quite as strong a candidate.

Neither Reagan nor Paul quit the job while in office.....

libertarian4321
07-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Rick perry is the establishment prick.

Fixed that for 'ya.

parocks
07-15-2011, 04:59 PM
And that is relevant how to this discussion?

Neither Reagan nor Paul quit the job while in office.....

parocks
07-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Did you hear what Jon Stewart and Jerry Seinfeld were saying about Marcus on Wednesday night?

Bachmann will not be on the ticket.

We have to fight Perry hard, whether he runs or not. Make his life miserable now so he won't run.
Everyone else is fine for now. After all, according to Ron Paul, Perry is part of the conspiracy.

One might argue that quitting Alaska half way through her term has already done this so I agree with you here but I would be willing to bet that she will not endorse Ron Paul before the primary is over... You see, I only see Palin entering the race to specifically take support away from Dr. Paul if Bachmann, Cain, etc...fail. I think that they are trying Perry out right now to see how much of the Neoteaparty "Conservative Christian" support that he can get. If he can do a good job, he takes Romney's place. Perry appears to me to be the golden boy right now and probably Bachmann as his running mate.

Imaginos
07-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Who are Palin's handlers?
The same wonderful people who handle Marco Rubio.

Zatch
07-15-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVxWG01V_hM

parocks
07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Who exactly, can you give me a link?

The same wonderful people who handle Marco Rubio.

Imaginos
07-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Remember that Rand did visit the office of Kristol and his core allies.
To fool Kristol and his ilks, Rand said that he's more moderate on Israel issue than his father.
So it's not surprising that Palin endorsed Rand.
However, Rand has turned out to be the great defender of the Constitution like his father.
Rand did outsmart Kristol, Palin and their ilks (Bravo!) with his victory.
However, make no mistake.
Every 'Israel firsters' in this country knows that Ron Paul cannot be bought and paid under any circumstances.
Ron Paul would NEVER, EVER allow to sacrifice American lives on behalf of Military Industrial Complex or Israel.
The recent Ron Paul ad is 100% accurate when it said 'No Deal'.
That is the different between Ron and Rand.
Rand was unknown so he could pull that off to Kristol and Palin and their ilks.
Ron is very well known in his position and principle already.