PDA

View Full Version : Possible Ron Paul Ads-Suggestions from Tom Woods

IndianaPolitico
07-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Some good thoughts from Dr. Woods.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/07/possible-ron-paul-ads/

Suggestions from Tom Woods:

Ad #2: The bio ad. This cannot be an ad telling everyone he's a doctor, he knew Ronald Reagan, etc. That won't jolt anyone. How about that he's never, in 24 years in Congress, even once voted to raise taxes? That he votes down everything -- everything -- that violates the Constitution? Compile as many extraordinary things about Dr. Paul as can fit into the ad. DO NOT say he opposes "wasteful government spending." This is DC-speak. Avoid DC-speak. Every candidate is against wasteful government spending. Take off the gloves and show the country who Ron Paul is.

Ad #3: "He was right." Other candidates laughed in 2007 when Ron Paul predicted a financial crisis. They said the economy was fine. It wasn't. Only Ron Paul had the knowledge and the courage to stand up against the conventional wisdom and warn us about what was coming. At this critical moment, we can't afford a nominee who is oblivious to what's really happening to the U.S. economy. We need the one candidate who predicted the crisis and knows the solution. Ron Paul.

Ad #4: "Standing alone." Ever been frustrated with Congress? Ever wanted to take a stand against the whole corrupt bunch? One candidate has. One candidate has stood up to Congress all alone more than any other congressman. [Meanwhile, the figure "434-1" is superimposed over scenes of Congress.] One candidate has stood up to Congress more than all other congressmen put together. Ron Paul, who stands up for freedom and the Constitution even if it means standing alone. He has proven he deserves our respect, and our trust.

NB: The grassroots can make such ads, as they did last time.

carmaphob
07-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I like all of those ideas.

hazek
07-14-2011, 01:38 PM
I think his voting record and his unwavering principles are his most important assets when trying to attract republican primary voters. He just needs to put the phonies in their place and elevate himself above their standard to become the number one choice!

PastaRocket848
07-14-2011, 01:41 PM
i could definitely imagine one with the guy from mad money and all the other talking heads saying how the housing market was fine in 2007 right before the collapse then flash to the 2002 house floor speech where he pretty much predicted the collapse word for word. would be very effective.

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure I agree with ad #2.
I'd like to see something similar to Rand's baby ad. And run it on ALL the women-centric cable channels.

johnald
07-14-2011, 02:20 PM
They HAVE to mention that, for moral reasons, he doesn't participate in the "lucrative federal pension plan"! On Jan Mickelson's WHO radio program, Jan sounded shocked to hear that!

thehighwaymanq
07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Woods is so awesome! Great ideas.

Rothbardian Girl
07-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I am not too sold on #2 either, because I think for the purpose of attracting typical Republican voters, any positive associations with Reagan might be a big help. I know it's not much "of substance", but just getting that association ticking in some people's brains will maybe convince them to do more research on Paul. Love #3 and #4 though.

trey4sports
07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
#2 would be awesome. Show some footage of all the candidates talking about the "strong" economy meanwhile Ron is talking about the potential collapse of the housing market.

Maximus
07-14-2011, 03:46 PM
We need a baby ad to attract women, run it on the View, Oxygen, Lifetime, etc

Feeding the Abscess
07-14-2011, 04:08 PM
More evidence that Woods would be a better asset for the campaign than Wead. I mean really, guys. H.W. lost his reelection bid in '92, and W. won by a hanging chad. Wead's record is greatly overblown.

That said, Woods is Ron's ghostwriter, and he certainly has a line directly to Ron; Ron and Woods use a lot of the same rhetoric and phrases. Maybe he IS part of the campaign, but in an unofficial role.

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Very good ideas. I really like #4. The 434-1 visual would be powerful.

Tinnuhana
07-14-2011, 05:43 PM
When Reagan ran, only four (one ws RP) in congress supported him. THey said he couldn't win. Now, when we really need it, Ron Paul is running, with about as much support. Maybe could weave the Reagan line in there that way.

IndianaPolitico
07-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Very good ideas. I really like #4. The 434-1 visual would be powerful.

Agreed, an ad talking about him not changing and sticking to his principles would REALLY help win over voters.

SWATH
07-14-2011, 06:00 PM
They need to use the picture of him in uniform and mention that he is the only vet in the race or at least a vet.

specsaregood
07-15-2011, 05:23 PM
More evidence that Woods would be a better asset for the campaign than Wead. I mean really, guys. H.W. lost his reelection bid in '92, and W. won by a hanging chad. Wead's record is greatly overblown.

Hint: Wead's "record" isn't based on the general election results. How did those 2 do in the republican primary? Ya know the race you have to win to get to the general election.

specsaregood
07-15-2011, 05:32 PM
What i don't see listed is something to do with Dr. Paul's business experience.

Much is ballyhooed about Mitt and the Pizza guy's business credentials; but in reality their "credentials" as businessmen is not akin to the business credentials of 99% of business men including Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul was a small business owner. How many small businesses did those other 2 guys startup, run and turn into successes? Being a CEO of a large corporation is nothing like owning a small business. In fact, those types of companies BENEFIT from big government; whereas the small businesses do not -- often to the benefit of the large corporations.

Were those other 2 guys ever part of a family business? Dr. Paul was raised in a family business environment, let me tell you as a child of parents that ran some small businesses it gives you some unique insight into what is required. The fact that his family business was a dairy farm could help in Iowa.

I'm not sure how you turn that into ad, but I'd like to see the campaign do it. There are a lot of small business voters that shouldn't be conned into voting for these big government corporatist hacks. They need to know there is a candidate with experiences similar to theirs, that he is on their side and his name is Dr. Ron Paul.

Sola_Fide
07-15-2011, 05:42 PM
What i don't see listed is something to do with Dr. Paul's business experience.

Much is ballyhooed about Mitt and the Pizza guy's business credentials; but in reality their "credentials" as businessmen is not akin to the business credentials of 99% of business men including Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul was a small business owner. How many small businesses did those other 2 guys startup, run and turn into successes? Being a CEO of a large corporation is nothing like owning a small business. In fact, those types of companies BENEFIT from big government; whereas the small businesses do not -- often to the benefit of the large corporations.

Were those other 2 guys ever part of a family business? Dr. Paul was raised in a family business environment, let me tell you as a child of parents that ran some small businesses it gives you some unique insight into what is required. The fact that his family business was a dairy farm could help in Iowa.

I'm not sure how you turn that into ad, but I'd like to see the campaign do it. There are a lot of small business voters that shouldn't be conned into voting for these big government corporatist hacks. They need to know there is a candidate with experiences similar to theirs, that he is on their side and his name is Dr. Ron Paul.

Great point. Bachmann calls on her family's experience in the medicine business to argue against Obamacare. Why isn't Ron reminding voters of his experience on the business side of the medicine equation?

Ron could explain that he has first hand experience of how government regulation hurts business as a small business owner better than Bachmann ever could.

emr1028
07-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Absolutely love idea #3. I think people definitely need to be reminded that there was someone who was able to very accurately predict the "sudden and unpredictable" financial crisis. I highly recommend anyone who wants to work on this idea incorporate clips from this news segment: (starts at 1:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgxn4pD08s4

Agorism
07-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Can we just run a 3 minute ad of What If speech?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqAF-Alc7CM

FA.Hayek
07-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Tom Woods is the man! I would love to see those made into tv ads!