PDA

View Full Version : RP: "We need to force GOP leaders to show backbone in debt limit fight"

Valli6
07-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Published: 11:43 AM 07/14/2011...

We need to force GOP leaders to show backbone in debt limit fight
By Rep. Ron Paul

According to the Obama administration, August 2 is the date we can expect the economic apocalypse.

The only way to avoid it, the administration tells us, is for Congress to go even further into debt, raise taxes and give cutting spending lip service sometime in the future.

Sadly, unless Republican leaders feel the heat from a massive outpouring of opposition by the American people, President Obama could very well get his way — leaving the Tea Party on life support and our country in even worse financial shape.

Will the political games ever stop? Is it any wonder more and more Americans think their elected officials are “out of touch”?....

...I am running for president to fundamentally change the way the federal government operates, which is why I was the first presidential candidate to sign the “Cut, Cap and Balance” pledge.

As president, I will fight to restore the principles of limited government, reduce wasteful, reckless government spending and restore the blessings of liberty that come with constitutional government

But right now, it’s vital that every American contact their representative and senators to demand they reject any “deal” to hike the debt ceiling, because we simply cannot afford to continue this path of out-of-control government spending.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/14/we-need-to-force-gop-leaders-to-show-backbone-in-debt-limit-fight/