PDA

View Full Version : The Atlantic: Ron Paul's first ad is a movie trailer

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 10:21 AM
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/07/ron-pauls-first-tv-ad-movie-trailer/39958/

After notable ad buys by the Tea Party darling and the placebo candidate, Ron Paul becomes the latest to debut his presidential movie trailer on airwaves in Iowa. Politico reports that the 60-second spot "is part of a six-figure ad buy in the early-voting states" as the libertarian icon revs up his all-or-nothing campaign. And the theme of the ad plays to Paul's strengths: its an urgent plea for Republicans to choose "conviction" over "compromise" in the debt ceiling debate. And no one can accuse the congressman of being the "compromise" candidate....

More at link....

robertwerden
07-14-2011, 10:26 AM
They tried accusing him of stealing the music from the Atlas Shrugged trailer. I guess no add company is allowed to buy Royalty Free music CD's. Jeesh

FSP-Rebel
07-14-2011, 10:27 AM
The 2nd paragraph was a complete :rolleyes:

CaptUSA
07-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Didn't like this story... What the hell are they insinuating with "placebo" candidate? And why do they feel compelled to link it to Atlas Shrugged?

This almost needs to go into the media spin forum.

Dr.3D
07-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Didn't like this story... What the hell are they insinuating with "placebo" candidate? And why do they feel compelled to link it to Atlas Shrugged?

It's their way of putting him down as in "makes ya feel good, but doesn't actually do anything physically." Of course that can't be further from the truth.

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 10:35 AM

The placebo candidate in the quote in the OP is not dr. paul. Pay attention to the punctuation.

After notable ad buys by the Tea Party darling and the placebo candidate, Ron Paul becomes the latest to debut his presidential movie trailer on airwaves in Iowa
Dr. Paul comes AFTER those two. Placebo candidate = pawlenty.

CaptUSA
07-14-2011, 10:37 AM
The placebo candidate in the quote in the OP is not dr. paul. Pay attention to the punctuation.

Yeah, I read it a couple of times trying to figure out what they meant... I was wondering if they meant Bachman in both cases...

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 10:42 AM

They are calling Pawlenty the placebo candidate. He and Bachmann are the ones who bought time before Ron. I'd argue them calling B the 'tea party darling' except the Atlantic isn't keen on the tea party and wouldn't consider that to be a compliment.

Dr.3D
07-14-2011, 10:43 AM
In the article I see they have underlined the two words, "darling" and "placebo". Those two words are linked to a Bachmann (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/07/bachmanns-first-iowa-ad/39683/) article.

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2011, 10:51 AM
They tried accusing him of stealing the music from the Atlas Shrugged trailer. I guess no add company is allowed to buy Royalty Free music CD's. Jeesh

Does he complain when others wear the same dress as he does? ;)