PDA

View Full Version : I知 switching from Geico to State Farm

idirtify
07-14-2011, 10:21 AM
I知 switching my car insurance from Geico to State Farm. I知 calling Geico and informing them of the reason: because they advertise on CNN, who systematically under-reports (lies about) the popularity of the Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. I would advise anyone who has Geico to do something similar. But don稚 switch to Progressive or Liberty Mutual; they also advertise on CNN. I figure car insurance is the perfect product/service to change because it is highly competitive.

Many competitive businesses advertise on CNN. Do you drink Ensure, eat at Golden Coral, bank at Ally Bank, shop at Lumber Liquidators or Jos A Banks Clothiers, take Citrical calcium, use Sprint phones, stay at Motel 6, buy Purina (Beneful) dog food? If so, it would be pretty easy to switch to a competitor and tell the company why.

Of course now I need to see if State Farm advertises on Fox News who also systematically under-reports RP痴 popularity.

oyarde
07-14-2011, 10:35 AM
I have everything at State Farm too , but it was initially because I called everyone and they gave me the lowest quote , about 23 years ago.

Elwar
07-14-2011, 10:39 AM
If you can get Farmer's Insurance go with it...I was highly pleased when I had them in Texas.

oyarde
07-14-2011, 10:42 AM
I think Farmers advertises on Fox. I never had considered advertising ... , I probably have not watched cnn since 1992 .

specsaregood
07-14-2011, 10:43 AM
If you can get Farmer's Insurance go with it...I was highly pleased when I had them in Texas.

Yeah until you need them and you have to sue them to get paid after your house burns down. and when you do eventually get paid a year+ later you've suffered enough financial trauma that the banksters have taken your house and your farm. yeah, go with farmers insurance I'm sure it will work out for you.

oyarde
07-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah until you need them and you have to sue them to get paid after your house burns down. and when you do eventually get paid a year+ later you've suffered enough financial trauma that the banksters have taken your house and your farm. yeah, go with farmers insurance I'm sure it will work out for you.

That sounds like a terrible experience , your own ??

fisharmor
07-14-2011, 11:09 AM
USAA FTW

And it's not going to matter to me who they advertise with. They need to eat babies live on TV for me to leave.
I stick with them despite their being attached at the hip to the military industrial complex.

dannno
07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
So apparently State Farm used to advertise on Glenn Beck's show, and these people helped get them to stop advertising on his show:

http://www.democrats.com/fox-news-boycott-update-090812

That means State Farm probably advertises on Fox News still, but I don't know for sure.

oyarde
07-14-2011, 11:12 AM
So apparently State Farm used to advertise on Glenn Beck's show, and these people helped get them to stop advertising on his show:

http://www.democrats.com/fox-news-boycott-update-090812

That means State Farm probably advertises on Fox News still, but I don't know for sure.

Democrats buy insurance ?? :)

oyarde
07-14-2011, 11:13 AM
My experience with dems is they only buy things with other peoples money.

oyarde
07-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I have turned in only , maybe three claims ( auto ) in 24 years or so , but the service was very good from my local State Farm office.

One Last Battle!
07-14-2011, 11:19 AM
I guess saving you 15% or more on car insurance just isn't enough

dannno
07-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Democrats buy insurance ?? :)

Only when the state tells them they have to. Because obviously that's the only time you really need it.

tangent4ronpaul
07-14-2011, 12:05 PM
State Farm advertizes on FOX.

Was thinking about going over to them when the forecast called for a downpour of shopping carts :)

-t

CaptUSA
07-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Not sure if you're aware that GEICO stands for Government Employee's Insurance Co. When I was a kid, the only way you could have Geico was if you were a government employee.

Just an interesting fact since we're talking about them.

dannno
07-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Not sure if you're aware that GEICO stands for Government Employee's Insurance Co. When I was a kid, the only way you could have Geico was if you were a government employee.

Just an interesting fact since we're talking about them.

Wow, that's interesting..

Anybody know why they are so competitive today?

I've always had Geico because when I first went quote shopping they were several hundred dollars less than the others, and I've looked into switching a few times since then and always came up with the same results.

CaptUSA
07-14-2011, 12:20 PM
They have way fewer insurance agents that cut into their profit. It's more of a direct to consumer business.

dannno
07-14-2011, 12:23 PM
They have way fewer insurance agents that cut into their profit. It's more of a direct to consumer business.

Ok, that's what I figured, but I wasn't sure if that was the only thing.

When you call Geico, it's like calling customer support. They are pretty knowledgeable and helpful, but it's not like most insurance companies.

Anti Federalist
07-14-2011, 12:28 PM
FWIW, I've used State Farm for everything for years now, and had no problem.

My stepson had his car wrecked by my stepdaughter, (long story) but the bottom line is State Farm paid out rapidly, with no questions asked, even paid my out of pocket expenses to get the vehicle towed out of the storage lot and back to the house.

nobody's_hero
07-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I think Farmers advertises on Fox. I never had considered advertising ... , I probably have not watched cnn since 1992 .

I was thinking about this. I don't know if there's an insurance company that hasn't advertised on an MSM network that has treated Ron Paul badly from time to time.

MozoVote
07-14-2011, 04:28 PM
GEICO actively lobbied to keep the 55 MPH speed limit in the 1980s. Knowing that has steered me away for years.

Bodhi
07-14-2011, 05:26 PM
USAA FTW

And it's not going to matter to me who they advertise with. They need to eat babies live on TV for me to leave.
I stick with them despite their being attached at the hip to the military industrial complex.

I was with Geico because they were the cheapest by far until I joined the military and found out about USAA. Even cheaper than Geico and every now and then I get a check from them giving me back some of the money I have paid to them. I have never had that from any other insurance company.

libertarian4321
07-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Of course now I need to see if State Farm advertises on Fox News who also systematically under-reports RP’s popularity.

Yup.

Which is why I don't boycott every company on any network that ever pisses me off.

I'd end up spend my entire life switching insurance...

libertarian4321
07-14-2011, 05:49 PM
I was with Geico because they were the cheapest by far until I joined the military and found out about USAA. Even cheaper than Geico and every now and then I get a check from them giving me back some of the money I have paid to them. I have never had that from any other insurance company.

I think I read once that you can get all that money when you leave USAA. Of course, the catch is that you'd have to leave USAA...

invisible
07-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Which is why I don't boycott every company on any network that ever pisses me off.

But when you got pissed at mccain getting the nomination last time, you voted for obomba, and tried to get others here to do the same. Nothing like being consistant.

ghengis86
07-14-2011, 07:48 PM

West Bend Mutual gives you 5% of your premium back every year you go without a claim. I think Allstate does something similar (reduces your deductible by $100 every year without a claim?)

oyarde
07-15-2011, 10:31 AM
I was thinking about this. I don't know if there's an insurance company that hasn't advertised on an MSM network that has treated Ron Paul badly from time to time.

I suspect that is likely correct...

oyarde
07-15-2011, 10:34 AM
I got a check back from State Farm one year for maybe $20 . Farm Bureau was weird , there was a $35 yearly fee to be a "member " , but they do not have cheap beer like the VFW or the Legion ? :)