PDA

View Full Version : TPM: Ron Paul Goes All In Against Republican Leadership (VIDEO)

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 10:07 AM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2011/05/ron-paul-fullwell-1-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/07/ron-paul-goes-all-in-against-republican-leadership-video.php

Travlyr
07-14-2011, 10:54 AM
The comments section indicate that many TPM readers are getting their money from the government, and they do not want to give-up their free gravy train.

From the comments,

I liked Ron when he was against war and for legalizing cannabis. But he don't know diddalie about economics. Besides, he's an Ayn Rander. Too bad. So sad.

And I think Ron Paul is a Randian idiot. I appreciate his war and empire stances, but beyond that he economically clueless as anybody else who thinks Ayn Rand was a frigging genius.

And if you don't think consumer spending is a major driver of the economy - you know demand. What is it. I am waiting to be enlightened.
They are the economically clueless ones. Ron Paul has plenty of knowledge about economics. You can read some of what he wrote about economics here (http://mises.org/resources/3150).

Production creates wealth. Demand causes a transfer or exchange of that wealth depending on the deal made.

For example, a cattleman raises 1000 head of beef. His work raising, harvesting, and feeding the hay, building/repairing the pasture fence, making sure the cattle have plenty of fresh water to drink, tending to any disease or illness the livestock may acquire, sheltering the animals from predators & elements when necessary, shipping the finished calves to the butcher, and plenty more hard work behind the scenes produces fine beef for the plate. I like fine beef, so I'll pay for it. ;)

The cattleman's production created wealth for him through honest efforts. I am wealthier because instead of sustaining my life eating rice and beans, I enjoy a nice rib-eye steak grilled to perfection ... which is what I want ... a better life. :)

In order for me to pay for my steak, then I must produce something of value as well. I choose to pan for gold, struck it rich, and lucky for me, the cattleman was willing to trade my production for his.

I demand good steak, and the cowboy demanded real money. We both got what we wanted because we produced something of value. :D Yet, it was not the demand that created the wealth, it was from producing something through honest efforts.

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Parts of the left are scared to death that Ron is TOO attractive to the left. And they have no 'hope and change' candidate to blunt the impact, this time....

Travlyr
07-14-2011, 11:06 AM
That's a real good thing for everyone. Ron Paul is an attractive candidate to the people. The people who have problems with him are the few elite who will lose the wealth they've stolen from the workers.

People will vote based on the wars and the economy. Ron Paul is the most attractive presidential candidate of our time.

brushfire
07-14-2011, 11:09 AM
There have been few candidates, throughout recent history, who have offered so much to so many. Ron Paul is the people's candidate.

w2992
07-14-2011, 11:16 AM
restore america now is simple! stop taking money from producers.

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 11:16 AM
There have been few candidates, throughout recent history, who have offered so much to so many. Ron Paul is the people's candidate.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to brushfire again.

Slutter McGee
07-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Lefties are economic morons. It is just a fact of life. Hell there have been non partisan studies that prove it. I am not even talking about Keyensian vs Austrian vs Chicago. But just simple economic facts.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

mconder
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
It would be so nice if we could leave some helpful comments on sites like this.

AGRP
07-14-2011, 12:01 PM
I liked Ron when he was against war and for legalizing cannabis. But he don't know diddalie about economics. Besides, he's an Ayn Rander. Too bad. So sad.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100108063233/uncyclopedia/images/archive/b/b5/20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

NewRightLibertarian
07-14-2011, 12:42 PM
They really can't think for themselves. Look at how they jump on whatever ridiculous propaganda is put out for them. I wonder if they'd burn Mrs. Rand's books if they could.

mczerone
07-14-2011, 01:39 PM
It would be so nice if we could leave some helpful comments on sites like this.

I've been over there for almost 2 hours now. There are a few adamant "progressives" that can't or won't understand what Ron Paul actually brings to the table, a few more "one liner" commenters that posted that he's a racist, a GOP tool to corporations, an "Ayn Rander" or plain crazy - but they didn't stick around to address the refutations.

I think I'm represent Paul well to the onlookers who care about "progressive" issues, and I;m getting nothing thrown back at me but libertarian-rabbit-hole questions. Its really easy to throw these back at them.

One "pro-Paul" supporter really is making it difficult to make it look like we're sane though.