PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Congress Agree To Raise Debt Ceiling to $120 Trillion

tangent4ronpaul
07-14-2011, 08:24 AM
http://unconfirmedsources.com/?itemid=6143

President Obama and Congress breathed a collective sigh of relief today as Obama signed into law a budget agreement that would raise the federal debt ceiling from it's current $12 trillion to $120 trillion.

"The country's finances are now in excellent shape", an upbeat Obama said in a prepared statement. "We now have plenty of money for education, health care, social security, NPR and funding for the wars".

House Republicans were initially against raising the debt ceiling until Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, reminded congress that without the removal of the debt ceiling congress would have to be shut down and they would be unable to vote themselves pay raises.

The President said he has a plan to have the country fiscally sound by the time the $120 trillion debt limit has been reached, which will probably be in about 10 years.

"We will start slowly paying our bills", Obama stated. "We will find ways to reduce the deficit as time goes on but let's enjoy the economic prosperity we have now found!"

Deborah K
07-14-2011, 08:37 AM
W t f ??????

zerosdontcount
07-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Satire article

fisharmor
07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
have the country fiscally sound by the time the $120 trillion debt limit has been reached, which will probably be in about 10 years.

Even for a satire article, this comes across as pretty optimistic.

smartguy911
07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
house republicans were initially against raising the debt ceiling until mitch mcconnell, the senate republican leader, reminded congress that without the removal of the debt ceiling congress would have to be shut down and they would be unable to vote themselves pay raises.

lol

NickFun
07-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Hey folks! I've been registered on this forum for a very long time. Thanks for the link! Granted, I wrote this as satire but now that I reread it perhaps I wasn't sarcastic enough. Let's face it, the country is bankrupt both financially and morally.

Travlyr
07-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Yeah NickFun. Nice article.

Just add a few more zeros and it'll all be fixed... it's easy as pi. ;)