PDA

View Full Version : How will Ron Paul change America?

UCSB_Jh2011
07-14-2011, 12:27 AM
America's Economy:
I want to know what Ron Paul will do about the economy(debt to China, Foreign oil dependency, Federal Reserve) and how he plans to bring jobs back to America?

I've heard him speak about returning America back to the gold standard, how does he plan to achieve this?

America is a great country, but our past leaders along with their policies have not only crippled our economy, but have also allowed the U.S. dollar to be practically worthless. I believe that American people are ready to bring jobs back to America and have the opportunity to be able to export American commodities.

Foreign Policy: Ron Paul plans to withdraw our troops from the Middle East, How will he achieve this?

American bases:
And what will he do about the various bases abroad that contribute to immense military spending? How is it possible to withdraw from our bases that are spread around the world and how will this goal be accomplished?

Domestic Policies: What will Ron Paul do about laws like the Patriot Act the infringe on our bill of rights?

Whats his view on corporations or should I say the monopolies that run the country?(How will he tax them or make sure they bring jobs back to America?

Republican talk about how by raising taxes will hurt the corporations and big business owners and in return no jobs will be produced. I think this is bs and politicians are puppets to these monopolies and just basically do their deeds. Especially Boehner, heres a quote: “The American people understand that tax hikes destroy jobs.* And the last thing we should be doing right now, at a time of 9.2 percent unemployment, is enacting more government policies that will destroy jobs...the American people will not accept – and the House cannot pass – a bill that raises taxes on job creators.The House can only pass a debt limit bill that includes spending cuts larger than the hike in the debt limit, as well as real restraints on future spending”(Boehner, 2011).
The private sector has not been creating jobs in the U.S., the same goes for other developed countries, instead it outsources jobs over seas and pays little to no taxes. In addition, these transnational corporations exploits the labor of workers in third world countries as well as their resources. The private sector will not create jobs in developed countries because the cost of labor is much higher than third world countries. Raise the taxes on these transnational corporations to circulate money into the economy do not feed into the lobbyist lies of future prosperity and false hopes of the creation of jobs.

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 12:53 AM
I will fill this in another time. But did you know that if our corporations have money overseas it is taxed if they bring it back? And so they have about a trillion sitting overseas and being reinvested there to avoid the tax? We are the only country that does that, I believe. He wants to get rid of that tax, and allow that trillion to come back for investment here.

He also as president has authority over troop movements. Period.

Regarding bases, I'm betting we'll have a couple in long time friendly nations in case of mobilization need in the future if attacked. But he could just bring them back. He is the commander in chief, if he is elected. He would still have to deal with some contracts but he has pointed out that even if we only bring them back and they spend the money here rather than overseas, the stimulus to our economy would be immense. He would have to let them back into the work force somewhat gradually, but that stimulus of spending their wages here will help create the jobs needed to employ them.

He'd not use the Patriot Act and would fight to overturn it. He hates it. He hates FISA. he thinks government should protect the privacy of each individual, not the privacy of government.

I could say more, but I'm beat. Good night!

Reason
07-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Here is a large compilation of articles written by Ron Paul that explain his views & the logic behind them,

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/#art2

UCSB_Jh2011
07-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Thats great we need a president that helps stimulate the economy and secure the rights of the people

Reason
07-14-2011, 01:26 AM
RP would slash spending & taxes across the board, this would boost jobs across the country like a pouring water on a parched crop.

Do not underestimate the blame that should be placed on the federal reserve when it comes to the devaluation of our dollar.

We have not always had a national bank, previous presidents have fought hard battles against our previous national banks & won, it can happen again. The FED needs to be abolished, completely. When this happens the size of the federal govt. will shrink & the value of the dollar will skyrocket.

RP as commander & chief would be able to pull our military back to our own land (novel idea eh?) without too much of a problem, especially considering the financial straights we are currently sitting in.

RP despises the Patriot Act more than any of us can likely imagine. As president he would do his best to see it repealed & in the mean time likely order all those that he had power over to cease any usage of the unconstitutional powers granted under it.

It's important to remember that there is a large difference between a monopoly & a coercive monopoly. A "monopoly" can't exist in a free market. It's literally impossible. Now, many coercive monopolies exist due to being in bed with govt. This is what needs to be addressed. One of the ways that this can be addressed is by slashing the size & scope of govt. If govt. is not in a position to ensure that only specific companies are able to do business in a particular region or sector then the problem solves itself.

The main reason that companies go overseas is because the cost of doing business here has been pushed up by govt. When this is dealt with, companies will come back. It's really amazingly simple. If you have a company selling widgets in San Diego & suddenly the San Diego govt. decides to increase your cost of doing business 10% via a mandatory sales tax & your competitors in Los Angeles have no sales tax, congratulations, you just went out of business as your competitors are able to undercut you to the point of no profit. It's pure survival to move your business.

Obviously all of these topics can turn into 8465412316852 page discussions & research topics, one thing I implore individuals to realize is that just about EVERY SINGLE thing you've been taught in your govt. run schools is either blatantly misleading, on it's face false, or disturbingly false. I can't stress this enough, it's not a joke. It's actually very scary. So many things that we have been told are fantastic, amazing, & necessary, are often the most destructive & counterproductive...

From the minimum wage to prescription drug welfare to housing subsidies to college pell grants etc, etc, etc,

I feel I have come to truly understand the following quote...

The path to tyranny is paved with good intentions.

The vast majority of action initiated via govt is lobbied for by good people, people that truly feel they are fighting for the "right thing". They just don't realize how harmful & counterproductive their actions will likely be in the long run.

RM918
07-14-2011, 02:06 AM
People always bring up how he wants to return to the gold standard, but he doesn't. What he actually proposes is to legalize competing currencies and allowing the market to decide on currencies.

Lothario
07-14-2011, 08:04 AM
would you not agree however that, with even a general understanding of Austrian economics, as soon as someone steps in (Ron Paul) to correct the economic mess, the malinvestments will be liquidated and the economy will completely implode on the head of the savior - leaving the state to blame freedom?

acptulsa
07-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Ah, how odd for someone who did his own research to see how these kids today want to be spoon fed. But, hey. Got spoon, will use.

America's Economy:
I want to know what Ron Paul will do about the economy(debt to China, Foreign oil dependency, Federal Reserve) and how he plans to bring jobs back to America?

He'll end the tax breaks and corporate subsidies that encourage job exportation, and move to eliminate the federal regulations that make entrepreneurs afraid of the current and future costs of hiring Americans. He'll move to get rid of agencies like OSHA that don't do anything to protect workers that the states can't do, and don't do anything at all well.

I've heard him speak about returning America back to the gold standard, how does he plan to achieve this?

By letting people choose whether they wish to use money that keeps its value or money that shrinks like wool in a hot dryer. You don't have to shove gold or silver down anyone's throat. You just have to stop demanding that people only trade with Federal Reserve Paper.

America is a great country, but our past leaders along with their policies have not only crippled our economy, but have also allowed the U.S. dollar to be practically worthless. I believe that American people are ready to bring jobs back to America and have the opportunity to be able to export American commodities.

Yeah, me too. But so long as products have to be idiotproof to the point of being asinine to be sold in the American market, it doesn't bode well for our ability to export--unless we make special, sensible export versions of everything we make.

Foreign Policy: Ron Paul plans to withdraw our troops from the Middle East, How will he achieve this?

' I'll be the Commander in Chief. We just marched in there, and I'll just march us right back out again.'--[I]Ron Paul (with my apologies for the spots where my memory was faulty).

American bases:
And what will he do about the various bases abroad that contribute to immense military spending? How is it possible to withdraw from our bases that are spread around the world and how will this goal be accomplished?

Oh, I'm sure they have real estate agents in those nations, too. We have genuine U.S. territories from the Virgin Islands to Guam; from the Carribbean to the China Sea. We'll be a sufficient force in the world without them.

Domestic Policies: What will Ron Paul do about laws like the Patriot Act the infringe on our bill of rights?

If he can't get Congress to repeal them, he'll find a way using either his Justice Department and the SCOTUS, or executive orders, to get them officially recognized as unconstitutional. Or, if worst comes to worst, he'll just order his executive-controlled agencies like the FBI to stop using the unconstitutional portions of them--even if this means not using the whole damned thing.

Whats his view on corporations or should I say the monopolies that run the country?(How will he tax them or make sure they bring jobs back to America?

He won't stand in the way of free enterprise, but neither will he allow influence to be bought or the 'playing field' to be tilted. This will give small business the most encouraging atmosphere it has had in decades and decades.

Republican talk about how by raising taxes will hurt the corporations and big business owners and in return no jobs will be produced. I think this is bs and politicians are puppets to these monopolies and just basically do their deeds. Especially Boehner, heres a quote: “The American people understand that tax hikes destroy jobs.* And the last thing we should be doing right now, at a time of 9.2 percent unemployment, is enacting more government policies that will destroy jobs...the American people will not accept – and the House cannot pass – a bill that raises taxes on job creators.The House can only pass a debt limit bill that includes spending cuts larger than the hike in the debt limit, as well as real restraints on future spending”(Boehner, 2011).
The private sector has not been creating jobs in the U.S., the same goes for other developed countries, instead it outsources jobs over seas and pays little to no taxes. In addition, these transnational corporations exploits the labor of workers in third world countries as well as their resources. The private sector will not create jobs in developed countries because the cost of labor is much higher than third world countries. Raise the taxes on these transnational corporations to circulate money into the economy do not feed into the lobbyist lies of future prosperity and false hopes of the creation of jobs.

Is there a question in here?

Taxes on the middle class and poor kill the economy faster by eliminating discretionary spending, as we're now finding out the hard way. President of the United States is a federal office, and all a President Paul can do is cut federal spending to the bone. What happens next will be determined by the several individual states, and I thnk it safe to say they won't get to silly. Because if they do, the state next door will kick their asses. Competition, baby.

Travlyr
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Ah, how odd for someone who did his own research to see how these kids today want to be spoon fed. But, hey. Got spoon, will use.

Whatever works. ;)

Whoever wants to learn more about Ron Paul, "Liberty Defined" is excellent.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Ron Paul doesnt want to change America. He wants YOU to change America.

acptulsa
07-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Whatever works. ;)

Or, in our case, whatever worked, wasn't broke, got fixed anyway, and doesn't work now should be discarded in favor of what did and does work.

Or, to put it another way, those who refuse to learn from history are condemned to not repeat the good parts.

Travlyr
07-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Or, in our case, whatever worked, wasn't broke, got fixed anyway, and doesn't work now should be discarded in favor of what did and does work.

Or, to put it another way, those who refuse to learn from history are condemned to not repeat the good parts.

That is for sure. Knowing that powerful elite banned, hid, and burned books that revealed some of those most important history lessons has seriously hampered our liberty, peace, and prosperity for too long.

To the OP.
Ron Paul is changing America, and the entire world, for the better because he has consistently told the truth with principled intellectual honesty his entire life, and he has been willing to boldly stand against the tyrants fearlessly sharing those truths with whoever is willing to learn.