PDA

View Full Version : Which Superhero is Ron Paul?

Paul4Prez
07-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Vote in the poll and explain your vote, or add write-ins here.

Paulistinian
07-13-2011, 10:53 PM
He is Rorschach from The Watchmen.

KCIndy
07-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Ron Paul is Constitution Man!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Ron Paul is not like any of them. A superhero only wishes he could be as great as Ron Paul!

BuddyRey
07-14-2011, 01:32 AM
I think he's quite a bit like The Hulk. He's usually very mild-mannered, polite, and humble (sometimes even to a fault). But then there are moments - moments when neocon scumbags or unfair debate moderators try to put words in his mouth or mistake his kindness for weakness and try to walk all over him - when Ron "hulks out", asserts himself fully, makes his detractors look stupid, and scores some epic soundbytes in the process. I love it when that happens! :)

Wren
07-14-2011, 02:40 AM
http://freedom-pictures.com/images/ron-paul-and-optimus-prime.jpg (http://freedom-pictures.com/ron-paul-and-optimus-prime/)

Optimus Paul

scrosnoe
07-14-2011, 03:09 AM
I said Spiderman because he's more real than the others to me and he is always targeting truth for the next move as he goes taking out the bad guys along the way.

I actually agree with one of the other posters though that he is actually better than all of them. We are most blessed to have a leader of his stature in our midst. I want to be a good ambassador for him as I go and so I will tell the truth and promote people of principle who will keep their oath of office.

Cute thread and will look forward to other comments~

hazek
07-14-2011, 04:40 AM
He is professor Xavier of the X-Men :D

Kilrain
07-14-2011, 04:45 AM
This issue was settled long before the last election.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfo4N-s8io

Danke
07-14-2011, 05:44 AM
Underdog?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Underdog.jpg

cdc482
07-14-2011, 08:34 AM
In all seriousness Ron Paul is Batman.
If you've watched Batman, you know what I'm talking about.
Batman was a man of principle. He never killed anyone, not even the bad guys. In fact, he converted a handful of bad guys into good guys.
He worked outside the police, but everyone appreciated his help.

IndianaPolitico
07-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Ron Paul is the Champion of the Constitution, he is, CAPTAIN AMERICA!

mczerone
07-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Ron Paul is a superhero. His super powers are compassion, understanding, seeking justice, and eliminating tyranny.

Didn't you know that Capt America was created by the Military Industrial Complex with your tax dollars to defend the institution of govt from nefarious terrorists at home and abroad who hate us for our freedoms? At least that's how I understood the story based on the few seconds of clips I've seen of the new movie.

acptulsa
07-14-2011, 08:41 AM
There are no superheroes.

Ron Paul is the Statue of Liberty. He stands firm, proud and unmoving and serves us by reminding us constantly just what it is this nation was founded on and just what made it great.

cdc482
07-14-2011, 09:05 AM
In all seriousness Ron Paul is Batman.
If you've watched Batman, you know what I'm talking about.
Batman was a man of principle. He never killed anyone, not even the bad guys. In fact, he converted a handful of bad guys into good guys.
He worked outside the police, but everyone appreciated his help.

I have seen parallels between Ron Paul and Batman for years now. Batman fans, do you know what I'm talking about?

acptulsa
07-14-2011, 09:10 AM
I have seen parallels between Ron Paul and Batman for years now. Batman fans, do you know what I'm talking about?

Yes and no; mostly no. For instance, in Gotham the officials are worth something, and they call the man in. In real life, the official jokers would never turn on that spotlight on a double dog dare. They'd be too afraid Batman would come after them.

Also, Ron Paul has no 'marvelous toys'. Unless you count us.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2011, 09:14 AM

Ron Paul is the Statue of Liberty. He stands firm, proud and unmoving and serves us by reminding us constantly just what it is this nation was founded on and just what made it great.

:)

Eric21ND
07-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Randy Couture already has that honor.

http://mmehfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Randy-Couture-Captain-America.jpg

Zarn Solen
07-14-2011, 09:20 AM

I'm pretty sure that is Libertas, the Roman goddess of liberty. :p

Freedom 4 all
07-14-2011, 09:28 AM
"Most people think I stand with the American government, they are wrong, I stand with the American people" ~Captain America

For that quote alone I think he is the most "Ron Paul" of the superheros. He's also kind of like Andrew Ryan or V for Vendetta without the thinly veiled anti-religious aspects. He's definitely NOT like Batman, what with all the illegal wire tapping present in the Dark Knight.

KramerDSP
07-14-2011, 09:32 AM
FWIW, Batman is RP's favorite super hero.

IndianaPolitico
07-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Ron Paul is a superhero. His super powers are compassion, understanding, seeking justice, and eliminating tyranny.

Didn't you know that Capt America was created by the Military Industrial Complex with your tax dollars to defend the institution of govt from nefarious terrorists at home and abroad who hate us for our freedoms? At least that's how I understood the story based on the few seconds of clips I've seen of the new movie.

Maybe, but Ron is the REAL Captain America. (Come to think of it, he WAS a Captain in the air force...)

enjerth
07-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Gandalf. Ever since I saw the spoof of the 2007 debate at the Reagan Library, he's been Gandalf.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?36636-The-Reagan-Cartoon-with-Ron-Paul-as-Gandalf

Paul4Prez
07-14-2011, 10:56 PM
He is Rorschach from The Watchmen.

I wonder what Ben Bernanke sees when he looks at Ron Paul... Or Mitt Romney when he glances over there during a debate...

Chieppa1
07-14-2011, 11:04 PM
I voted other. He's Ron Paul.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-15-2011, 02:51 AM
I voted other. He's Ron Paul.

^^
True.

I don't really like such comparisons, these make us seem like a RonPaul cult, which we I hope we are NOT. Ron Paul & a Ron Paul presidency is NOT the end in itself, he's a means to an end, to pushing back government & restoring people's right to their life, liberty & property, & this is precisely why even he himself always says that the revolution is of the people, & that he's just lucky to be there at the right place at the right time, because he himself doesn't want this to be a RonPaul cult, & he'd want the people to continue the revolution & keep fighting whether he wins or not, whether he lives or dies, & that is something which is undermined when people sort of deify him & make him seem larger than life, it won't help the spread of liberties in the long-run.

Just my two cents.

Jeremy Tyler
07-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Silver Surfer! Most powerful and most moral. But second super hero he is most like is roschach.

ds21089
07-15-2011, 06:05 AM
I think the people that voted Captain America did so for the title only and have no understanding of the comic character =P