PDA

View Full Version : Campaign to NH launch doorknocking effort!

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Saturday, July 23 · 9:00am - 12:00pm

2 Somerset Parkway
Nashua, NH 03063

Doors will be open at 9:00am. We will distribute walking lists for the Nashua area. Then there will be a brief seminar on basic door to door etiquette and strategy, as well as how to manage the data you will be collecting. For those that have volunteered on campaigns before it shouldn't be anything terribly new.

We will be having people coming from from all over New England to help with this first push. To make it even better we will be the first campaign to have boots on the ground.

Thank you for all your support and lets cap Dr. Paul's career with his biggest accomplishment. The fight starts here in New Hampshire and ends in the White House.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126990870722441

anyone within a few hours drive please consider coming up so we can get some national media coverage!

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 06:27 PM
shemdogg you are amazing.

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Hey I didn't organize it !

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Oh, well. Save the accolade for next time you are amazing, then.

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Awesome! One thing I have found during door knocking, is that people want you to finish quick. I never start out by asking a question, I just do a very short intro, and hand them the handout. It seems to work too.

ItsTime
07-13-2011, 06:48 PM
darn! I am on vacation then. We need as many WOMEN as we can get. My wife plans on going door to door. We need to get the woman vote, not scary, hair men scaring them away ha!

Tinnuhana
07-13-2011, 08:36 PM
We need to go over those approach points posted yesterday, before we get to Crown Plaza. Get them down so we're confident from the get go.

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah chicks can come too

KingRobbStark
07-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah chicks can come too

Hot chicks are especially welcome.

muzzled dogg
07-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Ron is tentatively scheduled to appear at this event

Please mention this event to any new england supporters you know

SilentBull
07-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I think I'll be there.

SilentBull
07-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Question: So people are going to go door to door right after the event or is this just to start planning?

speciallyblend
07-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Saturday, July 23 · 9:00am - 12:00pm

2 Somerset Parkway
Nashua, NH 03063

Doors will be open at 9:00am. We will distribute walking lists for the Nashua area. Then there will be a brief seminar on basic door to door etiquette and strategy, as well as how to manage the data you will be collecting. For those that have volunteered on campaigns before it shouldn't be anything terribly new.

We will be having people coming from from all over New England to help with this first push. To make it even better we will be the first campaign to have boots on the ground.

Thank you for all your support and lets cap Dr. Paul's career with his biggest accomplishment. The fight starts here in New Hampshire and ends in the White House.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126990870722441

anyone within a few hours drive please consider coming up so we can get some national media coverage!

shemdogg deserves his own poster!! Win NH for us:)

muzzled dogg
07-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Question: So people are going to go door to door right after the event or is this just to start planning?

I think campaign is going to give us a doorknocking-for-dummies scpheel, ron's gonna give us some word of encouragment, and we'll knock on doors. Campaign will do all planning. We need knockers!

muzzled dogg
07-19-2011, 09:56 AM
ron has been confirmed!

get up here if you can!

The fun starts at 9am at the Crowne Plaza Hotel right off of the Everett Turnpike in Nashua.

Ron Paul will lead the charge as he gives a speech to rally supporters before we head out. Ron is scheduled to speak at 9:30 so be here early to get a chance to hear him speak and meet with him afterwords.

Those who are planning on attending please RSVP to shaunb@ronpaul2012.com as soon as possible. We would like to have an estimate as to attendance so we can better break out the regions. Below is my contact information. Please get ahold of me.

As you know New Hampshire is a bell weather state and a win here can lead snowball support to win the GOP nomination. For example 4 of the last 6 GOP nominations all won New Hampshire.

That is why it is so important to turn out for this event. The better we are early on the better chance we have of winning. So tell friends, family, and even complete strangers to get their butts down to Nashua on the 23rd and lets start rewriting the course of history.

FA.Hayek
07-19-2011, 10:05 AM
this is amazing, this is what grassroots is all about, wish i lived closer!

Havax
07-19-2011, 10:11 AM
I used to sell things door-to-door in the most successful door-to-door internship program in the country (Southwestern Company). Here are some tips for those knocking on doors that I hope you can pass along.

- Knock on the door and then take 3 large steps back and TURN TO THE SIDE facing the neighbor's house. People are very intimidated when people knock and stand staring into the door right up on it. If you back up and turn profile, the person inside the home has a chance to size you up and will feel much more comfortable. Don't turn towards the door until greeted.

- Smile at all times, it is infectious - and wave to the neighbors as you wait - this will make the person inside the home sizing you up realize you are a friendly part of the community and feel safer letting you into their home/talking with them.

- Talk in SLOW MOTION. When people are talking to a stranger at their door they have a million things going through their mind and don't listen to 99% of anything you say. You need to literally talk about 3 times slower than you normally would. This also makes up for the fact that we usually talk faster when we are nervous and uncomfortable.

- Have unshakable eye contact. Do not break eye contact with them at all and beam a smile at all times even while talking. Frequently breaking eye contact makes them think you are suspicious.

- Before going into your talking points, make small talk and introduce yourselves and ask non-threatening, open-ended questions to get to know them a little better. Then ASK their permission if it is ok for you to go over a few things about Ron Paul. If they disagree always always always ACKNOWLEDGE and AGREE with the point they just made and then counter it by simply making a statement favoring your viewpoint.

- Lastly, please stay away from any controversial topics making you fit the label of extremist or conspiracy theorist unless they are already on board with that mode of thinking.

malkusm
07-19-2011, 10:38 AM
I used to sell things door-to-door in the most successful door-to-door internship program in the country (Southwestern Company). Here are some tips for those knocking on doors that I hope you can pass along.

- Knock on the door and then take 3 large steps back and TURN TO THE SIDE facing the neighbor's house. People are very intimidated when people knock and stand staring into the door right up on it. If you back up and turn profile, the person inside the home has a chance to size you up and will feel much more comfortable. Don't turn towards the door until greeted.

- Smile at all times, it is infectious - and wave to the neighbors as you wait - this will make the person inside the home sizing you up realize you are a friendly part of the community and feel safer letting you into their home/talking with them.

- Talk in SLOW MOTION. When people are talking to a stranger at their door they have a million things going through their mind and don't listen to 99% of anything you say. You need to literally talk about 3 times slower than you normally would. This also makes up for the fact that we usually talk faster when we are nervous and uncomfortable.

- Have unshakable eye contact. Do not break eye contact with them at all and beam a smile at all times even while talking. Frequently breaking eye contact makes them think you are suspicious.

- Before going into your talking points, make small talk and introduce yourselves and ask non-threatening, open-ended questions to get to know them a little better. Then ASK their permission if it is ok for you to go over a few things about Ron Paul. If they disagree always always always ACKNOWLEDGE and AGREE with the point they just made and then counter it by simply making a statement favoring your viewpoint.

- Lastly, please stay away from any controversial topics making you fit the label of extremist or conspiracy theorist unless they are already on board with that mode of thinking.

Good advice. I'll be in NH for this and will incorporate it :)

FA.Hayek
07-19-2011, 11:06 AM

wow, this is good

muzzled dogg
07-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Come on I know there are more supporters in new england

MarcNY
07-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Come on I know there are more supporters in new england

Yea, Lets hope so.

BrendenR
07-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I'll be there.

jbuttell
07-21-2011, 01:41 AM
One thing that seemed to help when I did door to door and calling in 2007/2008, I'd immediately let them know that I was a neighbor, that I lived right down the street. it seemed to put the conversation at ease and they'ed open up a bit more.

Keith and stuff
07-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Then ASK their permission if it is ok for you to go over a few things about Ron Paul. mode of thinking.

Lots of good advice but that is something I wouldn't do. It may be a good idea to say that you live in the city (if you do), are a veteran (if they have a star or flag out) and so on. It is a good idea to be nice. However, I wouldn't ever ask them permission to talk to them in such a way. It's OK for folks to disagree, though :)

I'll be in NH for this and will incorporate it :)

That's funny. I'll be in NYC. I have another friend that lives in NYC that plans to be in NH for this event.

samforpaul
07-24-2011, 07:46 PM

Thanks, Havax. Looks like a lot of good ideas to me.

The following are questions for anyone in the know.
Will there be other opportunities for canvassing?
Is there a soon upcoming event when Dr. Paul will be speaking in NH? It seems to that going door to door just prior to a visit would be a good ice breaker to speak about before handing them a little information card.

malkusm
07-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Havax. Looks like a lot of good ideas to me.

The following are questions for anyone in the know.
Will there be other opportunities for canvassing?
Is there a soon upcoming event when Dr. Paul will be speaking in NH? It seems to that going door to door just prior to a visit would be a good ice breaker to speak about before handing them a little information card.

Word is that the New Hampshire campaign will be doing another canvassing event in Portsmouth in two weeks. You should contact someone from the official campaign though if you are interested....I certainly don't know all the details, not being from the area and all. Similarly, I don't know when Dr. Paul is planning upcoming trips.