PDA

View Full Version : So lately I've seen a lot of Ron Paul/Ronald Reagan parallels.

Akus
07-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Like the makeshift campaign ads with Reagan's face and his quote on what he thinks of Ron Paul. And the famous photo of Ron and Ron shaking hands inside the airplane.

Is the official Ron Paul campaign milking the "Reagan said Ron Paul is good" angle for every drop it's got? I would if I were them, since we're out to capture "hearts and minds" of "value voters" i.e. people old enough to have voted for Reagan and consider him all but Jesus Christ himself.

Akus
07-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Seriously folks? Not a single reply?

GunnyFreedom
07-14-2011, 12:01 AM
well. yeah.

what else can be said, really? ;)

LibertyEagle
07-14-2011, 12:04 AM
It's just my opinion, but yeah, I wish they would a bit more. My favorite is that picture of he and Ron sitting and talking. I also think they should make clear that Reagan endorsed Ron and if memory serves me right, he even campaigned for him.

Akus
07-14-2011, 12:05 AM
well. yeah.

what else can be said, really? ;)

examples?

gerryb
07-14-2011, 12:44 AM
It's just my opinion, but yeah, I wish they would a bit more. My favorite is that picture of he and Ron sitting and talking. I also think they should make clear that Reagan endorsed Ron and if memory serves me right, he even campaigned for him.

And also that Ron Paul was one of ONLY four congresspeople to endorse Reagan during his 1976 run.

hillertexas
07-14-2011, 06:24 AM
http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a458/hillertexas/libertyprosperitypeacec.jpg

Diurdi
07-14-2011, 06:29 AM
It's an awsome picture. Reagan looks really fascinated by what Ron is saying.

Elwar
07-14-2011, 06:38 AM
http://heidijosboutique.com/images/RandReagan.jpg

Sweman
07-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Like the makeshift campaign ads with Reagan's face and his quote on what he thinks of Ron Paul. And the famous photo of Ron and Ron shaking hands inside the airplane.

Is the official Ron Paul campaign milking the "Reagan said Ron Paul is good" angle for every drop it's got? I would if I were them, since we're out to capture "hearts and minds" of "value voters" i.e. people old enough to have voted for Reagan and consider him all but Jesus Christ himself.
I don't think they should because there is risk for blowback. Ron hasn't been all praise about Reagan in the past, if you know what I mean.

it's notable everytime Ron talks about his relationship with Reagan how he carefully selects his words so as not to twist the truth or exaggerate anything.

tekkierich
07-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Republican campaigning 101 is to use what ever Ronald Regan quote you can find to support your case. He said a lot of things, and many great sound bites, as he was the master of them. By no means was he a perfect politician, but he is nearly universally respected by the current Republican base.

07-14-2011, 07:55 AM
http://heidijosboutique.com/images/RandReagan.jpg

Look at Rand and Robert and Ron and Carol!

Gotta love how Ron Paul always wore light colored suits back then.

acptulsa
07-14-2011, 07:59 AM
It's an awsome picture. Reagan looks really fascinated by what Ron is saying.

Reagan had that quality. He built two careers on it.

Gotta love how Ron Paul always wore light colored suits back then.

Not really, no. But it was the style, and he did live in the Texas heat. Who was it who said, in matters of style go with the flow; in matters of principle, stand like a rock?

I don't think they should because there is risk for blowback. Ron hasn't been all praise about Reagan in the past, if you know what I mean.

it's notable everytime Ron talks about his relationship with Reagan how he carefully selects his words so as not to twist the truth or exaggerate anything.

Paul walks Reagan's talk. Period. Just in case anyone asks, this is the bottom line.

cdc482
07-14-2011, 08:22 AM

I agree. Most conservatives do hold Reagan in ridiculously high esteem, and he did more or else endorse Ron Paul. That should be spread around. It's not a good reason to vote for RP, but if it'll get him the vote of sheeple, let's do it.

Btw, RP wasn't so big a fan of Reagan after he was elected President...

Tinnuhana
07-14-2011, 08:25 AM
OT: Rand has Carol's eyebrows.

georgiaboy
07-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Not to mention they have the same first name.

IndianaPolitico
07-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Not to mention they have the same first name.

I was thinking, would it be better to have his name on the ballot as "Ronald Paul" instead of Ron? I know alot of people simply vote for whose name they think sounds the best, and that would remind them or Reagan.

Nate
07-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Who was it who said, in matters of style go with the flow; in matters of principle, stand like a rock?

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
Thomas Jefferson

acptulsa
07-14-2011, 10:19 AM
"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
Thomas Jefferson

Is that who that was? How did I not know that?!

Thank you very much, and have some +rep too!