PDA

View Full Version : Discussion on how to keep Ron's congressional seat a beacon of freedom.

RileyE104
07-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Let's talk strategies on how we can keep Ron's congressional seat in the hands of those who cherish freedom.

--------------------------------------------------

I think it would be good to have libertarians run in as many ways as possible. That means filing for the GOP primary, the Democrat primary AND the Libertarian primary.

There are already three candidates who have announced they will seek the Libertarian nomination: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Libertarians-Announce-for-Ron-Paul-s-Congressional-Seat.html?soid=1101213715196&aid=8YdIKpqeBkY

All we need now are a few more people who are willing to take the time and give the effort to seek the Republican nomination as well as the Democrat nomination.

I think this is very possible.. We can't let this seat disappear into the abyss of authoritarian hands.

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Just make sure not to split the vote in the Republican primary. Finding 1 good candidate would be better then finding 5.

RileyE104
07-13-2011, 02:42 PM
True. There are already two bad Republican choices running.

- State Rep. Larry Taylor who represents the Friendswood area
- Chris Peden, who served on the Friendswood city council

Hopefully they will have to share votes. I know that no good Ron Paul supporter would support either, so we for sure need a solid liberty candidate in the Republican field.

As for the Democrat nomination, wouldn't it be something for libertarians to infiltrate the primary?? :)

pacelli
07-13-2011, 02:48 PM
I've always thought that Jesse Benton had some motivation to eventually win Ron Paul's former seat in congress. Call it a hunch.

RileyE104
07-13-2011, 02:53 PM
I've always thought that Jesse Benton had some motivation to eventually win Ron Paul's former seat in congress. Call it a hunch.

Ya, but he's busy helping with the presidential campaign...

If Robert Paul doesn't think it's wise to immediately seek his father's seat, I'd really like to see him run for it in 2014.

gls
07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
What about Debra Medina? She seems to have a pretty strong base of support down there. She would have to move a short distance in order to reside in the newly-redrawn district, however.

RileyE104
07-13-2011, 05:04 PM
What about Debra Medina? She seems to have a pretty strong base of support down there. She would have to move a short distance in order to reside in the newly-redrawn district, however.

Yes, but she already pretty much said no to the idea of running for Ron's seat.

I think she has her mind set on running for Governor again in 2014 anyways, so she probably doesn't want to have to campaign while serving in Congress at the same time.