PDA

View Full Version : Plea to @RonPaul campaign to give social media more focus

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
http://brendanwenzel.net/ron-paul-social-media/

note that since he wrote his initial plea, Bachmann's facebook has passed Ron's in 'likes'

He said he'll work for free if necessary or on a trial basis.....

I really hope the campaign takes him up on this...

He can be junior to whomever is there now.....

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I agree 100% social media is a major part of any campaign, and they are letting a great chance go to waste. Getting someone to follow, or like you is almost just as good as getting them on an email list! (Plus you can post more often then emailing before people get annoyed!)

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 01:43 PM
It seems to me that whomever is running this would look really good by recognizing this 'set up' need, and the guy said he'd work for free. Obviously, he doesn't know supporters well enough to be the one directing messages, but in terms of technical set up... that's sort of a one time thing.....

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
It seems to me that whomever is running this would look really good by recognizing this 'set up' need, and the guy said he'd work for free. Obviously, he doesn't know supporters well enough to be the one directing messages, but in terms of technical set up... that's sort of a one time thing.....

Good idea, facebook lets you set more then 1 admin. The person running it now could still continue to do the posting, but Wenzel could make the page look good!

Esoteric
07-13-2011, 03:13 PM
bump

evilfunnystuff
07-13-2011, 03:43 PM
bump

civusamericanus
07-13-2011, 04:08 PM
In the following Forum posting, I pointed out the fact Mitt Romney has over a million FB Likes, and recently brought on a social media guru. Ron Paul needs his own FULL TIME STAFFER who is social media expert/guru, if they have one, they're not doing a very good job. When I search in Youtube for "Ron Paul" Michelle Bachmanns paid video ad pops up at the top, recently Huntsmans paid video ad popped up at the top of my Ron Paul youtube search. Some serious advertising dollars need to be spent to make sure NONE of our competition pops up when someone youtubes Ron Paul, or we need to do it right back to them and have Ron Paul video ads pop up at the top, when someone youtubes Ron Paul's opponents, particularly Romney, Bachmann, and Perry.

RPF post on "Meet Mitt Romney’s New Facebook Guru"-->http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?301909-Meet-Mitt-Romney%92s-New-Facebook-Guru

thehighwaymanq
07-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Bump

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 05:46 PM
So with all this support, who down rated it?

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Bump!

FSP-Rebel
07-13-2011, 06:41 PM
So with all this support, who down rated it?

Ya, no drive-byes allowed w/o a reply.

BrendanWenzel
07-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks for sharing this post Sailing! Glad you guys like the ideas. Not sure what to say really. I'm humbled. Thanks.

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for sharing this post Sailing! Glad you guys like the ideas. Not sure what to say really. I'm humbled. Thanks.

Thanks for all that you are doing, I was wondering. When you helped to promote the twitter account, how did you get over 2,000 in one day? I would like to learn more about promoting on social media.

BrendanWenzel
07-13-2011, 08:04 PM
the video helped a ton. it got like 3k views on the first day and had an ad inside the video that sent people to Ron's official account. also, kept asking people like JudgeNap, for example, to let their followers know that @RonPaul was his official account.

Ethek
07-13-2011, 08:25 PM
I'll say right now that 'the campaign' will see it. Brendan, you'll probably even get a call. All of the suggestions I completely agree should get done.

The campaign cares!

Sentinelrv
07-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I had emailed Debbie Hopper about this last week and she said she'd pass it along to somebody that handles this sort of thing. Hopefully something is done and soon.

Eric21ND
07-13-2011, 10:21 PM
In the following Forum posting, I pointed out the fact Mitt Romney has over a million FB Likes, and recently brought on a social media guru. Ron Paul needs his own FULL TIME STAFFER who is social media expert/guru, if they have one, they're not doing a very good job. When I search in Youtube for "Ron Paul" Michelle Bachmanns paid video ad pops up at the top, recently Huntsmans paid video ad popped up at the top of my Ron Paul youtube search. Some serious advertising dollars need to be spent to make sure NONE of our competition pops up when someone youtubes Ron Paul, or we need to do it right back to them and have Ron Paul video ads pop up at the top, when someone youtubes Ron Paul's opponents, particularly Romney, Bachmann, and Perry.

RPF post on "Meet Mitt Romney’s New Facebook Guru"-->http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?301909-Meet-Mitt-Romney%92s-New-Facebook-Guru

:mad:

Bergie Bergeron
07-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I had emailed Debbie Hopper about this last week and she said she'd pass it along to somebody that handles this sort of thing. Hopefully something is done and soon.
They said thanks but no thanks, maybe when election season is closer.

ds21089
07-13-2011, 10:52 PM

Really? Guess we aren't in it to win it... Jeez that is a stupid thing to give up. Today, it's all about social networking.

BrendanWenzel
07-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Nah guys, I think I'm going to hear something real soon from 'the campaign', that will happen. After really thinking about my options, I'm going to keep trying to get on this team to do what I do. I'm planning a promotion for http://www.facebook.com/libertyforest right now and going to prove why I'll fit. Something you'll learn about me fast is that giving up isn't option when I know I can win!

We're all in it to win it now. Ron Paul deciding not to run for Congress was a big game changer in my opinion. Everyone now understands that every second in a campaign matters when you got votes to get!!

IndianaPolitico
07-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Bump! Can we sticky this?

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Something you'll learn about me fast is that giving up isn't option when I know I can win!

We're all in it to win it now. Ron Paul deciding not to run for Congress was a big game changer in my opinion. Everyone now understands that every second in a campaign matters when you got votes to get!!

Man, you are going to fit right in.....

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 11:04 PM
bump

Chieppa1
07-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I've been really trying to get people on Twitter to do the simple things. For example, when I read a tweet from a Paul supporter that is just a Ron Paul quote, or even their opinion of them, I just reply (privately or publicly) and ask them to in the future use @RonPaul instead. Its a process.

No reason all of us on Twitter can't do that.

sailingaway
07-14-2011, 11:30 PM
I've been really trying to get people on Twitter to do the simple things. For example, when I read a tweet from a Paul supporter that is just a Ron Paul quote, or even their opinion of them, I just reply (privately or publicly) and ask them to in the future use @RonPaul instead. Its a process.

No reason all of us on Twitter can't do that.

Yeah, and add a tag whenever you can like #tcot or #teaparty to get to a bigger audience...

Keith and stuff
07-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Does Ron Paul even have a campaign page on Facebook? I found many grassroots pages but no official campaign page. I see his politician page but it doesn't appear to be a campaign page and has zero apps on it. Maybe his Facebook team will get started on development later this month or maybe within a couple months. I guess we will just have to wait and see if he attempts to have a presence on Facebook or decides to keep an absolute minimal focus on Facebook.

I recommend having a few of the following: Welcome app., Volunteer app, Social Media app, Donation app, an app for whatever is the next urgent thing (right now that would be the Ames Straw Poll). Prehaps he could even have an app for downloading backgrounds, excellent photos, stats, quotes and so on.

There is even some basic stuff that could be done. Either get a new page or add something about the 2012 election to the page. Get ride of the low quality photos. Add high quality photos.

BrendanWenzel
07-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Does Ron Paul even have a campaign page on Facebook?

The "official" page is http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul.

civusamericanus
07-15-2011, 05:53 AM
If this is not addressed immediately, it will be very difficult to envision Ron Paul winning the Iowa Ames Straw poll. Most of the other candidates have their SEO and social media team in place. As the grassroots support, we need the assurance that the campaign is on top of this. An announcement on the matter would be news worthy and would show that the campaign understands the dynamics of today's campaigns. Sure we can win a lot of polls, but if we can't beat Bachmann in the Social Media marketing arena, we might as well hang up our hat.

IndianaPolitico
07-15-2011, 08:07 AM
The new "Evangelicals for Ron Paul" and "Ron Paul Homeschoolers" both have very nicely done welcome tabs, but the official one still doesn't have one!

ds21089
07-15-2011, 08:18 AM
If this is not addressed immediately, it will be very difficult to envision Ron Paul winning the Iowa Ames Straw poll. Most of the other candidates have their SEO and social media team in place. As the grassroots support, we need the assurance that the campaign is on top of this. An announcement on the matter would be news worthy and would show that the campaign understands the dynamics of today's campaigns. Sure we can win a lot of polls, but if we can't beat Bachmann in the Social Media marketing arena, we might as well hang up our hat.

Agreed. Is there ANYONE reading this thread that can contact the right people to have this changed? This could possibly be the difference in winning or losing. Never underestimate the power of social networking.

RonPaulVolunteer
07-15-2011, 08:58 AM
This will be resolved today.

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 08:59 AM
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

RonPaulVolunteer
07-15-2011, 09:00 AM
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I accept Silver Eagles :D

I will think of you when I donate on July 19. The honor should be worth more than Silver Eagles....:p
Hey, I never wrote that ^^ What's going on??

Chieppa1
07-15-2011, 09:57 AM
I accept Silver Eagles :D

terrorist.

scrosnoe
07-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Recommending we all use the #GOP tag on twitters also as much as possible for strategic reasons. We want everyone who pulls up #teaparty to find our twitters. I was one of the original #tcot organizers and think it has faded a bunch.

Ages ago I recommended that we brand #4liberty for things we wanted RPF folks to see. Is there a consensus on that or is there something else everyone has agreed on?

Still think we need a cross match to be able to find people on twitter from this forums.

I am acainfonet here and @scrosnoe on twitter. I am having trouble adding people on twitter at present but will followback anyone I know is from RPFs.

Chieppa1
07-15-2011, 10:03 AM
#GOP2012 #GOP #Teaparty gets it around. Anything anti-war or civil liberties I tag #p2 also. Can't hurt to get some progressives reading up on Paul.

scrosnoe
07-15-2011, 10:17 AM
#GOP2012 #GOP #Teaparty gets it around. Anything anti-war or civil liberties I tag #p2 also. Can't hurt to get some progressives reading up on Paul.

what is your twitter id?

additionally i just looked at the profile section here and suggest that twitter be added to the instant messaging section there in case anyone on this thread has that capability (hint hint) would be nice if that would show up on the profile box as a twitter bird so people would know you were there

BrendanWenzel
07-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Ages ago I recommended that we brand #4liberty for things we wanted RPF folks to see. Is there a consensus on that or is there something else everyone has agreed on?

I remember when #tcot started as well. Was very active there during the beginning stages. Shoot I remember when #FollowFriday started too. Crazy how long ago that was. We've been using #RonPaul2012 a lot.

Chieppa1
07-15-2011, 10:22 AM
what is your twitter id?

additionally i just looked at the profile section here and suggest that twitter be added to the instant messaging section there in case anyone on this thread has that capability (hint hint) would be nice if that would show up on the profile box as a twitter bird so people would know you were there

@mchieppa10

sailingaway
07-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Recommending we all use the #GOP tag on twitters also as much as possible for strategic reasons. We want everyone who pulls up #teaparty to find our twitters. I was one of the original #tcot organizers and think it has faded a bunch.

Still think we need a cross match to be able to find people on twitter from this forums.

I am acainfonet here and @scrosnoe on twitter. I am having trouble adding people on twitter at present but will followback anyone I know is from RPFs.

I generally see #teaparty and #freedomfighters I don't think I've ever seen #4Liberty. Who but us would use it?

I'm usernamenuse on twitter. There is a new 'Ron Paul Peeps' twitter list, which probably has some bots but you can look at their streams to see before following.

--
edit - following you now.

RonPaulVolunteer
07-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Follow @RonPaulFlix so you can retweet the latest videos.

Chieppa1
07-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Follow @RonPaulFlix so you can retweet the latest videos.

Done.

Feeding the Abscess
07-20-2011, 03:36 PM
I have forwarded Brendan Wenzel's website and info to Tom Woods, we'll see if Wenzel can contribute to the RevolutionPAC

BrendanWenzel
07-20-2011, 04:15 PM
I have forwarded Brendan Wenzel's website and info to Tom Woods, we'll see if Wenzel can contribute to the RevolutionPAC

Thanks man. I really appreciate that!

Napoleon's Shadow
07-20-2011, 10:37 PM
This is in the works I've heard. It's like building a shopping mall, it's not overnight.

Feeding the Abscess
07-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks man. I really appreciate that!

Hey, RevolutionPAC wrote back to me on FB and asked if you'd like to help RevolutionPAC. Not sure exactly what that would entail, but I'd hit them up in a Facebook message or something.