PDA

View Full Version : Operation Kamikaze: A 2012 Strategy

TCE
07-13-2011, 12:54 PM
For some background, please read this article: http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north833.html

Idea courtesy of Peace&Freedom: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?302839-Ron-Paul-won-t-be-seeking-re-election&p=3394348&viewfull=1#post3394348

For all of you who choose to not click on any link, don't worry, you won't be penalized. The strategy is this: We select 10 or so sitting Congressmen who are the worst offenders against liberty on a consistent basis and are also in, more or less, a swing district or close to it. They can be Republican or Democrat. However, we realize that the likelihood of beating them in a straight showdown is highly unlikely for one reason or another. Basically, we realize that we can't simply run a Liberty Candidate and win without a mass amount of resources. So here is what we do instead:

Select a person and run them as a Third Party candidate. If it is against a Republican, we run under the TEA Party banner. And if a Democrat, pick a party or run Independent, and run against them in the general. The candidate will try and drum up as much support as they can, and the goal is to siphon off enough votes from the incumbent that the challenger wins and the anti-liberty Congressman will be gone. It is called Operation Kamikaze because we run the candidate Third Party knowing they can't win, but to remove an anti-liberty Congressman from office. So they are sacrificing their time and effort to kick someone out of office.

The goal of such an exercise is this: We, the libertarians, Constitutionalists, an-caps, anarchists, etc. are staking out a position in the political landscape. If you are an anti-liberty Congressman, we will run candidates to force you out of office. We will pick off all of these Congressmen one by one until the incumbents get scared enough that they change their views or else face an early, forced retirement. We will, in the words of Gary North, become a tack in the political game. They will realize their jobs aren't safe unless they adopt a pro-liberty platform.

I could keep going, but I think everyone gets where I'm going with this. Please let me know what you think and/or propose ideas.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Interesting. I'd rather see us use the resources to get liberty candidates in, rather than some lesser of two evils. That said, I'd sure like to see some Pelosis, Grahams and Reids out on their asses...

Very mixed feelings.

JoshLowry
07-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Kamikaze = Suicide Bombers = Terrorists

Great image to portray.

We will pick off all of these Congressmen one by one until the incumbents get scared enough that they change their views or else face an early, forced retirement.What the fuck kind of wording is that? ಠ_ಠ