PDA

View Full Version : NYT - Why Taxes Will Rise in the End - beautiful, out in the open, propaganda

Cowlesy
07-13-2011, 12:52 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Why-Taxes-Will-Rise-in-the-nytimes-2530052987.html

For your enjoyment.

Acala
07-13-2011, 02:54 PM
According to David Walker, former US Comptroler, no conceivable scheme of taxation can meet the unfunded obligations of medicare and social security.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2011, 03:01 PM
In 2001 fed spending was 2.01 trillion dollars.

In 2011 fed spending is projected at 3.4 trillion.

In 2011 personal income taxation is projected to account for 899 billion of fed revenue.

You could completely eliminate federal income taxation and still spend roughly half a trillion more than what we did in 2001.

3.4 trillion
-.899 billion
=2.501 trillion

2.501 trillion adjusted fed spending with no income taxation
-2.01 trillion fed budget in 2001
= .491 trillion increase in spending from 2001

LibForestPaul
07-13-2011, 04:59 PM
According to David Walker, former US Comptroler, no conceivable scheme of taxation can meet the unfunded obligations of medicare and social security.

obivously we need less obligations...
red/white/blue pill for all the old farts will cut down on costs (less consumers = less spending).
No COLAs for ss recipients since inflation does not exist.
Problems solved.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 05:01 PM

When Dubya went into that office and showed us all those bonds sitting in a file cabinet, and said this is the Social Security Trust Fund and I need it, was anyone else reminded of that old Doonsbury strip where Duke said the pension fund was just sitting there?

Dr.3D
07-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Considering the NYT is an organ of the CFR, it tends to make me look at the article and try to figure out what image they want to public to pick up and run with. I mean, there is a controversy about the economy and a multitude of angles to present this story so this angle is probably designed to sway the public to accept what is being said in the article.

Can we say the CFR doesn't try to focus public attention toward the solution it favors the most?

LibForestPaul
07-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Considering the NYT is an organ of the CFR, it tends to make me look at the article and try to figure out what image they want to public to pick up and run with. I mean, there is a controversy about the economy and a multitude of angles to present this story so this angle is probably designed to sway the public to accept what is being said in the article.

Can we say the CFR doesn't try to focus public attention toward the solution it favors the most?

Division and pettiness.
young against old.
private vs public labor.
poor vs rich.
And the banksters pissing out their ivory tower offices on the mundanes burning below.