PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper: A Jewish senior citizen for Ron Paul

Publicani
07-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Lawrence Eagle Tribune just published a letter from my 85 year old mother about Ron Paul.

http://www.eagletribune.com/opinion/x227001438/Letter-Ron-Paul-will-end-our-involvement-in-wars

There's a discussion area there as well - please comment. This is one of the major newspapers in New Hampshire despite being published in Massachusetts. Here it goes -

To the editor:

I am a senior citizen, Jewish, an immigrant from Russia.

As a Jewish senior citizen, I always voted for the Democrats. Now, I have registered as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul.

The main reason I will vote for Ron Paul is because he is the only candidate who will stop all American wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and other countries. He will stop bombing them, killing their people. He will close military bases and will bring all our troops home. Democrats and Republicans, Bush and Obama, promised to do this. But they all lied. We are still fighting these wars.

Americans are blessed people. They never had to fight the enemies inside the U.S. and they don't understand what a war is. My father was killed at the front during World War II when I was 16. But at least I knew that he lost his life to save us from Hitler. Thousands of Americans were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. What can we tell their children as to why their fathers had died? Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention Libya, never attacked us and never threatened to attack us. And what about the hundreds of thousands that we killed in these countries? What can we tell their children? Why did we start the war with them?

Other Republican candidates may promise similar things, but Ron Paul is the only candidate that speaks now the way he was speaking all his life. He has his life's voting record in Congress to support his positions. Ron Paul is the only candidate that will take his oath to protect the Constitution seriously.

Support the Constitution and vote for Ron Paul!

Maria Maymina

Andover

netwalker
07-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Beautiful.

dannno
07-13-2011, 12:39 PM
The link in the OP doesn't work

http://www.eagletribune.com/opinion/x227001438/Letter-Ron-Paul-will-end-our-involvement-in-wars

Publicani
07-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks, corrected.

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 01:19 PM
I assume you're in mass or southern nh
If you do the facebook thing add me Facebook.com/shemdogg
Else i assume you're in the meetups and already getting my emails

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Wow, great letter! We need to get more like this in!

Cowlesy
07-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Outstanding letter!

thehighwaymanq
07-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Wow, great letter! We need to get more like this in!

The grassroots as a whole needs to start sending out letters to all local newspapers.