PDA

View Full Version : Chris Peden Eying Ron Paul's Seat

RonPaulFanInGA
07-13-2011, 12:19 PM
http://galvestondailynews.com/story/243970

Also expressing some interest was Chris Peden, a former Friendswood city councilman who challenged Paul in the GOP primary two elections ago.

trey4sports
07-13-2011, 12:19 PM
YUCK! I hope we have a real liberty candidate to support.

speciallyblend
07-13-2011, 12:24 PM

recruit bryan to run;) he is mossad:) /s

RileyE104
07-13-2011, 01:48 PM

Seriously... This makes two bad Republican choices running for the seat. State Rep. Larry Taylor of Friendswood and now former Friendswood city councilman Chris Peden.

Just a thought, but wouldn't this be a great opportunity for the Libertarian Party to run a candidate and possibly win their first federal election? I mean, you'd have to think that Paul's district is libertarian enough to consider it? He was after all elected for 12 terms. This is probably just another dream though...

Either way, we need a liberty candidate there. Does the good doc' not have any relatives willing to give it a shot?? Carol Paul for TX-14??? :)

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Not a chance.

It is hilarious watching the GOP establishment thinking 'they' have a seat there.... if there is one place liberty is organized.... it is in Ron's district.

rp08orbust
07-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Seriously... This makes two bad Republican choices running for the seat. State Rep. Larry Taylor of Friendswood and now former Friendswood city councilman Chris Peden.

Just a thought, but wouldn't this be a great opportunity for the Libertarian Party to run a candidate and possibly win their first federal election? I mean, you'd have to think that Paul's district is libertarian enough to consider it? He was after all elected for 12 terms.

Except that the district has been seriously changed.

RileyE104
07-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Except that the district has been seriously changed.

Ya, true. I forgot about that. :(

Wasn't it split in two?? Doesn't this give us a chance to get TWO liberty candidates elected??

rp08orbust
07-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Ya, true. I forgot about that. :(

Wasn't it split in two?? Doesn't this give us a chance to get TWO liberty candidates elected??

More like slid up the coast. There were districts created, but not near the 14th as far as I know.

RileyE104
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
More like slid up the coast. There were districts created, but not near the 14th as far as I know.

We can't let a neo-con or dem get this seat though! How many people here live in Ron Paul's district? I'd say it's time to start organizing and looking for someone we approve of to seek the seat.

malkusm
07-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Who has a copy of that old "Chris Peden my Cola" graphic? :D