PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann gaining on Facebook.. Surpasses Paul in "likes"

Esoteric
07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Bachmann - 418,000
Paul - 416,000.

Just a week ago, bachmann was under 400k, and Paul was at 410k. This train needs to be derailed.

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

http://www.facebook.com/teambachmann

silentshout
07-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Most likely the Palin fans that jumped ship. I mean, sometimes I forget that Bachmann is not Palin myself, so I can see why she appeals to them.

Oukvekpwv
07-13-2011, 11:53 AM
i'll put money on the fact that obama supporters are liking bachmann in response to the blue republican movement.. interesting timing, eh?

hillertexas
07-13-2011, 11:58 AM
if you look at the most recent posts on her wall (not her posts, but her "fans" postings)....it will all become clear. ;)

RonPaulFanInGA
07-13-2011, 12:01 PM
In 2007, Ron Paul was tops with MySpace fans and YouTube subscribers.

Now, in 2011, we're lagging pretty far behind when it comes to Facebook and Twitter.

Jdagucci
07-13-2011, 12:01 PM
actually half her likes are trolls who hate her

Indiana4Paul
07-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Look how much better her page is than Dr. Paul's page.

1. She has a video plus 2 "calls to action" on a custom welcome page.
2. She has a donate tab
3. She has a meet me in Ames tab that asks locals to RSVP with their phone number and further asks whether one needs or can provide a ride.

Dr. Paul needs to use Social Media more effectively.

Oukvekpwv
07-13-2011, 12:17 PM
How many postive supporter comments vs outright distain comments are on their pages.. in this way Ron's page looks much better.

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 12:19 PM
This is why we need this guy: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?301760-This-guy-has-ideas-for-Ron-s-facebook-page-looks-good-will-work-4-free-if-necessary

I mean, he's willing to work for free, or on a trial basis or anything.... he wants to help. He's pushing Ron on twitter all the time.

brushfire
07-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Even the lowest "organisms" in the obama support chain, they seem to love Bachmann "oh she's much better than Palin". Its scary to see...

While campaigning for other candidates, I've called supposed registered "republicans" that were actually just trying to spoil the vote. They were democrats who had a candidate who was unopposed, so they decided to pick the opposition and vote Republican during the primary.

I have a feeling that there will be record numbers of GOP voters in the primary. Looks like the small margins may not be as big of a factor for Ron, after all.

Esoteric
07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
look how much better her page is than dr. Paul's page.

2. She has a donate tab
3. She has a meet me in ames tab that asks locals to rsvp with their phone number and further asks whether one needs or can provide a ride.

Dr. Paul needs to use social media more effectively.

this.

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Damn we gotta do something about homegirl

wgadget
07-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Facebook is such a girlie thing. I'm sure the wimmin like her better than RP.

Oukvekpwv
07-13-2011, 12:28 PM
How many Ron Paul supporters don't trust or use social media comparatively?

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Facebook is such a girlie thing. I'm sure the wimmin like her better than RP.

A LOT of people who care about privacy don't like facebook, I don't myself. I only 'like' my kids, to spy on what they 'put out there' and the Pauls. And this forum, and DP. It helps the count but doesn't 'share' because I don't use facebook. Someone who likes someone who votes for the Patriot Act would be much more comfortable with facebook.

Indiana4Paul
07-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I posted a slideshare presentation which analyzed Obama's Social Media presence and compared his assets to those of Clinton and McCain. Social Media was huge for Obama in overcoming a very significant early lead Hillary Clinton had in the Demorcratic primaries.

I wish I saw some indication that this campaign was investing some resources towards harvesting Social Media.

V3n
07-13-2011, 12:40 PM
All the people "Like"ing that page are really "Hate"ing it!! They don't seem to be folks who would typically vote Republican anyway (if you'll excuse my generalization), so I don't think she's necessarily losing votes over their comments... however, we may be able to post some Blue Republican civil-liberties up on there and gain some for Dr. Paul...

Any rules against posting Pro-Paul comments/articles/videos on Bachmann's page?

Guess it may turn off some actual Obachmann fans...

Eric21ND
07-13-2011, 12:42 PM

2. She has a donate tab
3. She has a meet me in Ames tab that asks locals to RSVP with their phone number and further asks whether one needs or can provide a ride.

+2012 its quite infuriating at times...sigh

Paul4Prez
07-13-2011, 12:58 PM

2. She has a donate tab

Sounds like we need to copy this. Get a donate tab and a tab for getting supporters to Ames.
There's no reason we shouldn't have both, by this time tomorrow.

MJU1983
07-13-2011, 01:02 PM
"A Constitutional Conservative in 2012"? Well that certainly isn't Michele Bachmann.

parocks
07-13-2011, 01:16 PM
nothing to worry about

Bachmann - 418,000
Paul - 416,000.

Just a week ago, bachmann was under 400k, and Paul was at 410k. This train needs to be derailed.

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

http://www.facebook.com/teambachmann

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 01:18 PM
I wish they had hired Brendan Wenzel, but they brushed him off.