PDA

View Full Version : One Simple Strategy to success

dspectre
06-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I think one of the simplest strategies to success is not only getting out Ron Paul's message and encouraging people to vote, but to try to get as many volunteers supported to the cause.

The reason I state this, is I think of this a lot as troop morale. If there are only a small number of volunteers, the support for the campaign maybe mostly soft. Even if we have large soft support, the campaign could be vulnerable to dirty tricks by the MSM and special interest groups(slogans like "He can't win, because he isn't mainstream", etc).

Recruiting more people to the cause creates more hard support. This is because they are personally invested in the cause. The chances of hard support falling because of dirty tricks is very low.

Of course, this could already be happening, but I didn't think it would hurt to put the thought out there.

foofighter20x
06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I think you are right.

I also think that many Americans are passionate about the message message of liberty, but are asleep to that fact! We just need to gently wake them up and show them that they are! :D

mdh
06-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Seems kind of broad. Have any more specific thoughts to add to the initial idea?

There are really three types of people - activists, supporters, and voters.
The activists will go out and do everything they can to promote the message. Most of the people here with over 100 posts are these. Every activist is worth anywhere between 20 and 200 votes (depending on their area, support networks, etc).
The supporters will casually promote the message by talking to friends, etc - normal folks who are excited, but aren't hardcore political activists for whatever reason. Every supporter is worth around 5 votes (family, close friends).
Finally the voters are people who just turn out and vote for Dr. Paul. These are the vast majority of people, and perhaps the most important group to get involved.