PDA

View Full Version : Republican Liberty Caucus to endorse a presidential candidate

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 10:20 AM
RLC Forms Presidential Endorsement Committee
By Aaron - July 13, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Filed under Elections , Presidential
Yesterday the RLC created a Presidential Endorsements Committee under RLC At-Large Board member Aleq Boyle.

The goals of the committee are to review presidential candidates, take member input, and make recommendations on what actions — if any — to take moving forward.

The RLC has not endorsed any presidential candidate since 1996, when we endorsed Steve Forbes.

Our Bylaws purposefully make it difficult to endorse a candidate for president of the United States and the RLC has traditionally focused on state and local races instead.

Rule 5.D. of the RLC Bylaws states, “Candidate for President of the United States may be endorsed by the Caucus by a 2/3 vote of the active and voting Chartered state’s executive committees. The national Secretary shall notify all Chartered states of a favorable national board proposal for endorsement and state executive officers shall inform the Secretary of the approval or denial by their executive committee within 60 days.”

The chairman of the committee, Mr. Boyle, has more than 20 years of experience in GOP politics. You may contact him if you are interested in providing feedback to the committee.

Only RLC members’ opinions are valued in this process, so please join our organization if you have not yet done so.

http://www.rlc.org/2011/07/13/prez-committee/

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Gary Johnson wins RLC straw poll
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279805-Gary-Johnson-wins-RLC-straw-poll&highlight=liberty+caucus+straw+poll

Havax
07-13-2011, 11:09 AM
It will be Gary Johnson. I've seen RLC members start to propagate negative things about Ron Paul recently.

libertybrewcity
07-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Have you seen the comments from the RLC National Leaders? They constantly call Ron Paul a bigot and his supporters anti-Semitic and conspiracy theorists.

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 11:19 AM
just aaron i think is spreading that kinda stuff

but the rest of the the RLC generally supports gary over ron

libertygrl
07-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Have you seen the comments from the RLC National Leaders? They constantly call Ron Paul a bigot and his supporters anti-Semitic and conspiracy theorists.

Yep. That's what I've been getting from some Tea Party people on a local forum. I'm not saying it's ALL of them, but some of those Tea Partiers happen to be Jewish and if you present them with articles written by former intelligence people to support our position on the dangers of US foreign policy with regards to Israel, is called propaganda. And if it happens to be written by someone who is Jewish, then they are labeled self hating Jews. Hard to tell which are legitimate people posting on these forums or whether they are intentional attacks to spread false information on Dr. Paul. It's crazy.

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 12:57 PM
So who here is in the RLC who could impact this? Maybe we should join? They have no future with Gary. They shaft Ron, and they are done.

It looks like only their executive committees can vote on it.

This is stupid of them. Nalle's own poll, if it was his, showed Ron winning. They want an in with Rand, and this will destroy any possibility, because Rand's followers (us) will never accept them if they don't support Ron, who STARTED their group, when he is giving up his House seat and going all in on this election while meanwhile Gary is at less than 2%.

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 01:15 PM
We could contact rand amash schiff kokesh medina rohrer rj et al and whoever else the rlc endorsed in 2010 and ask them to urge rlc to endorse Ron

Then again these guys haven't publically endorsed Ron themselves yet so f it

Rlc doesn't really carry any weight to begin with

erowe1
07-13-2011, 01:31 PM

They don't carry much weight. But they sure carry more weight now than they did before 2007. And they have Ron Paul to thank for that.

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
If they don't endorse Ron, then I will lose alot of respect for them....

MJU1983
07-13-2011, 01:39 PM
We could contact rand amash schiff kokesh medina rohrer rj et al and whoever else the rlc endorsed in 2010 and ask them to urge rlc to endorse Ron

Then again these guys haven't publically endorsed Ron themselves yet so f it

Rand posted this yesterday on his FB page:

“History will record the legislative record of Ron Paul as an extraordinary one – perhaps unparalleled. There probably has never been a more consistent believer in limited government in Congress. America deserves a statesman like Ron Paul as her president, a man I am proud to call my father.”

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Amash had praise on Facebook also

RonPaulFanInGA
07-13-2011, 01:43 PM
They'll endorse *-1% candidate Gary Johnson.

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 01:44 PM
They'll endorse *-1% candidate Gary Johnson.

And be laughed out of the movement.

Badger Paul
07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Since the RLC is a joke, I really don't care who they endorse.

They can endorse Dondero if they want. They're that bad.

MJU1983
07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Amash had praise on Facebook also

Justin Amash is a breath of fresh air in the House of Representatives. I have a feeling the 2012 elections will be an all around good thing for the Country.

Esoteric
07-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Aaron is a douchebag.

libertybrewcity
07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Hasn't RP been on the board for many many years? The RLC is treading in some sketchy waters. They should stay out of it and not alienate a huge section of the group.

therepublic
07-13-2011, 02:11 PM
It will be Gary Johnson. I've seen RLC members start to propagate negative things about Ron Paul recently.

What happens with organizations like the RLC and Tea Party is the leadership becomes infiltrated by GOP moles. They convince the leadership they

need to get a nice office..."looks more professional"
need more fancy brochures..."flyers are far too tacky"
need to endorse candidates...such licensing requires money

Now they are dependent on large donations, so the mole answers that need with large donations (likely taxpayer money), and wines and dines the remaining leaders. The organization now dependent on these donations does not want to anger the mole, so they do as told. The organization becomes more and more centrally controlled, much like the Federal Government...a few elites telling everyone else what to do, and anyone who disagrees is shunned.

Gandhi and Jesus knew these tactics, and that is why they operated very inexpensively..no brochures, and no buildings....and that is a true grass roots organization.

Keith and stuff
07-13-2011, 02:28 PM

The NH RLC does. However, the thread title is misleading. The RLC may endorse someone, there is certainly no evidence that it will.

muzzled dogg
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
^^this is true that the nh rlc does

Keith and stuff
07-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Since the RLC is a joke, I really don't care who they endorse.

They can endorse Dondero if they want. They're that bad.

Not in NH. The former Chair of the RLCNH is the current Chair of Ron Paul's campaign in NH. http://www.reteaparty.com/2011/06/08/nh-state-sen-jim-forsythe-chairing-ron-pauls-nh-campaign/

If you look at the rest of the leadership you see the Chair of C4L of NH, a Ron Paul supporter that posts here. You see several state Reps that endorsed Ron Paul. There is a person on the Executive Committee that is a C4L guy and a Ron Paul supporter. I don't know all of them so I cannot speak for the rest of the RLCNH leadership.
http://rlcnh.org/about/leadership/

What happens with organizations like the RLC and Tea Party is the leadership becomes infiltrated by GOP moles.

Perhaps, though not in NH. Heck, a Ron Paul supporting RLCNH researcher/writer asked me if I want to help with that in the RLCNH next year, and he knows I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

Esoteric
07-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Perhaps, though not in NH. Heck, a Ron Paul supporting RLCNH researcher/writer asked me if I want to help with that in the RLCNH next year, and he knows I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

It's called a bait and switch.

Chieppa1
07-13-2011, 03:26 PM
They don't carry much weight. But they sure carry more weight now than they did before 2007. And they have Ron Paul to thank for that.

Truth. Ironic isn't it.

Keith and stuff
07-14-2011, 03:40 AM
It's called a bait and switch.

I don't understand what you are talking about.