PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or...???

satchelmcqueen
07-13-2011, 10:10 AM
is this really starting to gain some major steam now? i really think paul is gonna win this thing in a landslide. he has got some big endorsements in the lastr few weeks and alot of other candidates and others in government agree with alot of what paul says now. it just seems its blowing up in a big way now. now i read alec balwin , a HUGE liberal, now recognizes that the GOP has a chance if they choose ron. with big name celebs seeing this plain as day and their fans hearing it, it can only help ron get massive coverage and name recognition.

but i now wonder since ron has announced that he wont seek another term in congress, if ron paul will take on "the ric flair effect"??

what i mean is, and yes i know wrestling is rigged but still, flair was a big name in wrestling only second to hogan in popularity to the masses. hogan to the general public was viewed as the best ever, ( even though he sucked in the ring) but the masses loved hogan.

however, as soon as flair announced he had 1 year until he retired, the build began. fans and the masses realized just how important flair was and always would be to wrestling. hogan almost immediately left everyones mind and was all but forgot about. flair then went from being viewed as either the best or one of the best to a GOD!! he could do no wrong in the eyes of the masses. flair became a god.

so i wonder now if this effect will happen to ron. he was big before, now i think people will see that after this election that ron will either be our president or he will be gone for good. i think ron will have the "ric flair effect" happen almost instantly. we must get this man elected. im tripling my efforts for him.

BRING IT ON!!!

specsaregood
07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I liked the ultimate warrior.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 10:12 AM
First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then they try to usurp your positions.

Guess what (if we're vigilant) happens next? :cool:

V3n
07-13-2011, 11:03 AM
I just ran into an old friend on the street I hadn't seen in 2-3 years.. He knew I was a big Ron Paul supporter last election, but he was never interested in Politics, he had on numerous occasions told me he had never even voted before. After exchanging pleasantries he told me "Ron Paul has got a lot of support this time around! I'm not a 'follower' or anything, but I try to catch him whenever he comes on, and just listen to what he's saying. He makes a lot of sense! I'm going to vote for him."

He said his biggest issue was gun control (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/obama-unveil-gun-control-reforms_n_892633.html) that Obama is said to be pushing, and that he knows Ron Paul would defend gun ownership. If this guy is paying attention and has swayed.. anyone's possible!

(edit: sorry - my rant was based on the "gaining major steam" theme, not the celebrity endorsement theme of the post, was just too excited and had to share! sorry if off topic)

trey4sports
07-13-2011, 11:07 AM
uhmm, no one matched Shawn Michaels ring ability and showmanship (especially in DX)

as to your point, sure, that sounds like a good theory.

Revolution9
07-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Gordon Solie: Ron Paul comes off the ropes after the ad hominem slingshot by Obama. It looks like he is gonna try to clothesline Ron with his feeble platitude move, but Ron Paul has just pulled off a wonderfully executed reverse neck breaker, leaving Obama down. He is rolling him over. Here we go...it looks like he is setting him up for the Power of Truth piledriver...there he goes..he is on his back. Ron Paul's favorite move may just win this match folks..Obama looks like he is out cold. Doug Wead tosses a copy of The Constitution to Paul from the corner and he is now reading it to the crowd whilst Obama is trying to regain consciousness. Ron put his foot on his chest..the referee is down..one..two..three. The crowd is wild. Ron Paul is the World Heavyweight Champion.. Yes folks..The Champion of The Constitution has his hand raised in victory in center ring by the referee..Obama is still out with the medics trying to revive him...

Love the Saturday Night Wrasslin' metaphor of the OP. My first wife and I knew some of them personally and would go out drinking with the whole bunch after a Madison Square Gardens match in NYC or at The Omni in Atlanta in the late 70's/early 80's.

Rev9

Revolution9
07-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I liked the ultimate warrior.

Yeah..Good guy in real life too.. Tried to be a good fellow to look up to for kids in my recollection.

Rev9

belian78
07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Gordon Solie: Ron Paul comes off the ropes after the ad hominem slingshot by Obama. It looks like he is gonna try to clothesline Ron with his feeble platitude move, but Ron Paul has just pulled off a wonderfully executed reverse neck breaker, leaving Obama down. He is rolling him over. Here we go...it looks like he is setting him up for the Power of Truth piledriver...there he goes..he is on his back. Ron Paul's favorite move may just win this match folks..Obama looks like he is out cold. Doug Wead tosses a copy of The Constitution to Paul from the corner and he is now reading it to the crowd whilst Obama is trying to regain consciousness. Ron put his foot on his chest..the referee is down..one..two..three. The crowd is wild. Ron Paul is the World Heavyweight Champion.. Yes folks..The Champion of The Constitution has his hand raised in victory in center ring by the referee..Obama is still out with the medics trying to revive him...

Love the Saturday Night Wrasslin' metaphor of the OP. My first wife and I knew some of them personally and would go out drinking with the whole bunch after a Madison Square Gardens match in NYC or at The Omni in Atlanta in the late 70's/early 80's.

Rev9

This was fucking awesome. LOL.
+rep

UWDude
07-13-2011, 01:07 PM
It will not be a landslide, that I can guarantee.

Elwar
07-13-2011, 01:12 PM

The General election will be Ron Paul with 60%.

Mark it, I predicted it here.

70%+ in 2016

Revolution9
07-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Yer right. It will be a piledriver.

We change everything.

Rev9

NewRightLibertarian
07-13-2011, 01:17 PM
continuing on with the wrestling theme, Ron Paul is to politics what this guy was to pro wrestling:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/rickrude/30.jpg

KramerDSP
07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
If we want to use wrestling analogies, we can't use Flair, who is a scoundrel and liar in real life and never actually retired like he was supposed to. The closest thing to Paul is CM Punk, who walks the walk and talks the talk. Punk's quickly becoming the most popular wrestler in the world because he is the only one truly calling out Vince and the WWE regarding what the product has become over recent years. Even the people that hate him know he's right.

I would have compared him to Benoit before the double murder-suicide. Like Paul, Benoit was the absolute best in the world at what he does and had the respect of the Smarks. Like Benoit, RP sucked on the mic and had poor promo work (until the last few years in which he has improved dramatically).

Revolution9
07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
If we want to use wrestling analogies, we can't use Flair, who is a scoundrel and liar in real life and never actually retired like he was supposed to. The closest thing to Paul is CM Punk, who walks the walk and talks the talk. Punk's quickly becoming the most popular wrestler in the world because he is the only one truly calling out Vince and the WWE regarding what the product has become over recent years. Even the people that hate him know he's right.

I would have compared him to Benoit before the double murder-suicide. Like Paul, Benoit was the absolute best in the world at what he does and had the respect of the Smarks. Like Benoit, RP sucked on the mic and had poor promo work (until the last few years in which he has improved dramatically).

The OP was not comparing RP to a wrestler but RP's strategy having a similar effect as Flair's strategy.

I don't like WWE too much. I am an old school NWA first for authentic roughhousing and WWF was watched only because everything else on TV sucked when it was on. My WWF fave back then was Mil Mascaras for cool moves. After we knew a few of the wrestlers from other folks we knew we started watching WWF not because it was good but more of..look that guy we know who is a friend of Jimmy's is on.

Best Regards
Rev9

HTH
Rev9

PastaRocket848
07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
i think ron is more like the blue power ranger, maybe red i can't decide.

07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
is this really starting to gain some major steam now? i really think paul is gonna win this thing in a landslide. he has got some big endorsements in the lastr few weeks and alot of other candidates and others in government agree with alot of what paul says now. it just seems its blowing up in a big way now. now i read alec balwin , a HUGE liberal, now recognizes that the GOP has a chance if they choose ron. with big name celebs seeing this plain as day and their fans hearing it, it can only help ron get massive coverage and name recognition.

but i now wonder since ron has announced that he wont seek another term in congress, if ron paul will take on "the ric flair effect"??

what i mean is, and yes i know wrestling is rigged but still, flair was a big name in wrestling only second to hogan in popularity to the masses. hogan to the general public was viewed as the best ever, ( even though he sucked in the ring) but the masses loved hogan.

however, as soon as flair announced he had 1 year until he retired, the build began. fans and the masses realized just how important flair was and always would be to wrestling. hogan almost immediately left everyones mind and was all but forgot about. flair then went from being viewed as either the best or one of the best to a GOD!! he could do no wrong in the eyes of the masses. flair became a god.

so i wonder now if this effect will happen to ron. he was big before, now i think people will see that after this election that ron will either be our president or he will be gone for good. i think ron will have the "ric flair effect" happen almost instantly. we must get this man elected. im tripling my efforts for him.

BRING IT ON!!!

While I'm not sure if I would quite call it the "Ric Flair effect," I would agree that our chances have vastly improved in just the past week. Ron's retirement means, among other things, that he will have a lot more time to spend on the campaign. And people are coming out of the woodwork within the GOP to recognize Ron's efforts over the past several decades.

John Cornyn even said:

"Ron has served Texans in Congress with distinction for nearly 24 years as a fierce advocate for a more limited government," Cornyn said. "His steadfast devotion to his core beliefs has earned him the respect and loyalty from Texans and Americans of all walks of life."

satchelmcqueen
07-13-2011, 03:08 PM

Rev9
lol cool! i started watching the macw and nwa when i was 5 in 1980. stopped watching in 2001. just got to stupid for me and i missed the realism of the older days. sat night at 6:05 on wtbs was the place to be.

anyway....ron is gonna have his moment now for sure!

Liberty_Mike
07-13-2011, 03:13 PM

Agreed. By no means will it even be close to a landslide. People here seem to get way too ahead of themselves.