PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead: Dirty Politics in Iowa?

TheState
07-13-2011, 09:51 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/blogs/DougWead/id-58

Ron Paul is incorruptible. He has never gone on a government sponsored junket, never voted for a congressional pay raise. He’s never voted for a tax increase or an unbalanced budget. He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. Treasury every year. And he frustrates his followers by avoiding anything, even slightly, manipulative that might get him elected president.

So you can imagine my surprise when a prominent Republican politician from Iowa passed onto me the gossip spreading across Iowa that Ron Paul’s statement of faith is a fake.

According to the story, a gay staffer on Paul’s team was bragging about having duped those gullible Christians and written it all himself. For the record, this assertion is false. It reveals more about Ron Paul’s opponents and their tactics and their panic at his rising numbers than it does about the candidate himself. It also reveals who among the candidates is acting like a Christian...

HOLLYWOOD
07-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Two Words

Ed Rollins

specsaregood
07-13-2011, 09:58 AM
yeah, I'd like to find the source for this.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Dirty politics? Well yeah...! Who would expect anything else? We've had faux journalism and dirty politics for over four years--arguably for over twenty--and what would we anticipate seeing?

That rant done, good job Mr. Wead! Keep calling them on it.

And if any of you encouter this tripe, here's some nice four year old video for you to clip:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/01042008/watch2.html

And don't let the man's uncertainty that he got his cite right fool you. He did. Matthew 6:1.

Cowlesy
07-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Come on Doug put that smackdown on these guys!

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Oh, wow.

That shows it is hitting home.

And Rollins (if it is Rollins) is an idiot, because making Ron's faith an issue is the only way to make him discuss it in those terms, he won't trade off of it. And from what I've heard Ron say in bits here and there in answer to direct questions, I'm betting the rumor is true that he considered being a minister, as his two brothers did, before going into medicine.

You can't FAKE deep faith. Buzz words, yeah, but not real, lifelong faith. And religious people know it when they see it. That is one reason Conway lost so badly against Rand Paul.

specsaregood
07-13-2011, 10:09 AM
That is one reason Conway lost so badly against Rand Paul.

Speaking of....if this is a substantial rumor I hope someone can convince dr. paul to do an ad to run on christian stations in IA similar to Rands "false witness" ad.

Dr. Paul, you do not need to turn the other cheek here.

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Guys, if you have facebook accounts, like Iowa evangelicals for Ron Paul it seems new and has only 8 likes so far http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iowa-Evangelical-Christians-for-Ron-Paul/120734408007069?sk=wall

and also like the bigger Evangelicals for Ron Paul which has 47 likes http://www.facebook.com/EvangelicalsForRonPaul?sk=app_106878476015645

And for future reference, here is a place to find Ron's statement of faith: http://www.facebook.com/EvangelicalsForRonPaul?sk=app_106878476015645&app_data=page-2

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Speaking of....if this is a substantial rumor I hope someone can convince dr. paul to do an ad to run on christian stations in IA similar to Rands "false witness" ad.

Dr. Paul, you do not need to turn the other cheek here.

I understand your sentiment completely, but I'm not at all sure I agree with it. Have you read the first several verses of Matthew 6?

I think we would do a much better job of ripping this garbage apart than he ever could. Some self defense is best done yourself. But some, and matters of integrity like this are in my opinion first among them, are best done by those who know you well.

IndianaPolitico
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
All the more reason to continue to campaign hard in Iowa. (And to make sure that the Money Bomb on July 19th is HUGE!)

PermanentSleep
07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
I think it would be nice if Dr. Paul's large family would make short, personal tube videos talking about their relationship with him and spotlighting his character and convictions from their close proximity to him throughout their lives. think of the inspiration and energy he has provided all of us from a distance, his positive effect on his family has to have been overwhelming. If he is 1/1000th as good of a father, grandfather, and husband as he has been a principled, honest statesman then that should easily make him father of the year, every year.

specsaregood
07-13-2011, 10:52 AM
I think we would do a much better job of ripping this garbage apart than he ever could. Some self defense is best done yourself. But some, and matters of integrity like this are in my opinion first among them, are best done by those who know you well.

Alright then such an ad featuring his brothers. :)

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Alright then such an ad featuring his brothers. :)

Could be outstanding.

LisaNY
07-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Wonder if it's the same person/group that was spreading gay rumors about Cain in Iowa. Too bad she who shall not be named was banned, maybe she could have helped us with this (or is she the one starting the rumors, lol)

Esoteric
07-13-2011, 10:58 AM
I always knew Ron didn't really believe that stuff! <//sarc>

Esoteric
07-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Wonder if it's the same person/group that was spreading gay rumors about Cain in Iowa. Too bad she who shall not be named was banned, maybe she could have helped us with this (or is she the one starting the rumors, lol)

Yeah, can we bring back RachelFaith already? I thought it was just a temp-ban.

acptulsa
07-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah, can we bring back RachelFaith already? I thought it was just a temp-ban.

Some tempbans are more temporal than others.

Back on subject, I think we need to mount some righteous indignation over this. Accusing a proven good man of being something less than Christian--or particularly of being a panderer--because he doesn't holler 'Jae-susuh' every third word out of his mouth is beyond the pale, and we should definitely point that out early and often. If they want to open the door to a frank and open discussion of political pandering to Christians, I say we should walk right through and take the talk over on the spot.

Cowlesy
07-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Doug's full Newsmax article was outstanding!!!!

Brian4Liberty
07-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Great article.

hillertexas
07-13-2011, 11:13 AM
This tells me that spreading Ron's Statement of Faith in Iowa is working.

Ron Paul's Statement of Faith

"I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate."

-Ron Paul

My faith is a deeply private issue to me, and I don’t speak on it in great detail during my speeches because I want to avoid any appearance of exploiting it for political gain. Let me be very clear here: I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate.

It is God Who gave us life. As He is free, so are those He created in His image. Our rights to life and liberty are inalienable.

I’m running for President of the United States because I believe that our traditions and way of life are under attack from an out-of-control federal government and reckless politicians who show no regard for what our Founders entrusted to our protection.

America became the greatest nation in human history because a dedicated band of Patriots believed their God-given rights were worth fighting for, even if it meant challenging the world’s most powerful nation in what many deemed a “hopeless” cause.

Being free meant so much to our forefathers that they put everything on the line – and thousands sacrificed their lives – to give the promise of liberty to not only their children and grandchildren, but to generations they knew they would never even meet.

Their courage and determination guaranteed they would defy the odds and achieve victory.

In this critical election, you and I must decide if the principles of limited government and personal freedom are worth fighting for once again.

Since I’m asking for your vote and your trust to lead this nation, let me tell you a little bit about my background and beliefs.

My parents raised my four brothers and me on a dairy near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where they set clear examples for each of us about faith, honest living, and individual responsibility. Their Christian values helped inspire two of my brothers to eventually enter the ministry, and provided me with the foundation I needed to practice medicine and one day become a U.S. Representative.

In addition to my time in Congress, I am proud to have delivered over 4,000 babies as a country doctor in Texas. As I trained to practice medicine, I became convinced without a doubt that life begins at the moment of conception. I never performed an abortion, and I never once found an abortion necessary to save the life of the mother. In fact, I successfully helped women struggling with their pregnancies to seek other options, including adoption.

I am running to Restore America Now, and by that I mean that it’s time to protect and promote the basic God-given rights inherent in the promise of America.

We must pass on our heritage of liberty to the next generation – not tens of trillions of dollars in debt and liabilities.

We must stand for life – not allow millions of innocent children to continue to be slaughtered with the government’s approval.

We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures – not printing money out of thin air in almost complete secrecy and then handing it over to oppressive dictators.

We must only send our men and women to fight for our country when the mission is clear, every necessary tool needed to win is provided, and we respect the Constitution by declaring war.

Once war is declared, it must be waged according to Just War principles. We should only fight when it’s in our national security interest, and we should no longer do the corrupt United Nation’s bidding by policing the world.

In Congress, I never vote for any piece of legislation that violates the Constitution’s strict limits on government power. I also do not participate in the congressional pension system.

As President, I give you my word that I will only exercise my authority within the confines of the Constitution, and I will work every day to rein in a runaway federal government by binding it with the chains of that document.

For my stands and beliefs, I am told that my efforts are “hopeless.” Like those who were proud to stand up for what they knew was right to create our nation, however, I firmly believe that now is a better time than ever before to reclaim our liberties. No situation is hopeless for those who receive their strength from their faith, family, and freedom.

And like those Patriots, I have no doubt that liberty will prevail.

I invite you to join me and millions of other Americans in taking our stand to honor our forefathers’ sacrifices and Restore America Now.

For Liberty,
Ron Paul
http://tobefree.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/paul-baby-tractor.jpg

PastaRocket848
07-13-2011, 01:53 PM
if ron wins this election... i think we will all look back and consider the hiring of Doug Wead to be an important difference between this (successful) campaign and the last.

kazmlsj
07-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Oh, wow.

You can't FAKE deep faith. Buzz words, yeah, but not real, lifelong faith. And religious people know it when they see it. That is one reason Conway lost so badly against Rand Paul.

EXACTLY sailingaway...well said.

ForLibertyFight
07-13-2011, 02:58 PM
I showed the statement of faith to my Christian friend and he is now voting for Ron Paul.

jonhowe
07-13-2011, 03:04 PM
As a fairly "radical" atheist, Ron is one of the few people of faith I would even CONSIDER supporting for President. (I'm sure you can imagine: I don't support many people!) This is because his personal convictions come from (his interpretation of) the bible, but his POLITICAL views come from the Constitution. That, he and I can agree on.

Esoteric
07-13-2011, 03:08 PM
As a fairly "radical" atheist, Ron is one of the few people of faith I would even CONSIDER supporting for President. (I'm sure you can imagine: I don't support many people!) This is because his personal convictions come from (his interpretation of) the bible, but his POLITICAL views come from the Constitution. That, he and I can agree on.

I second that. Ron is the only person of faith who I consider an inspirational figure. The rest are atheists, or at worst, deists. Frankly, I am a bit skeptical about the depth of Ron's faith. I believe he may be a deist. I don't know too many MD's who reject evolution, or believe in a personal god. I am in my 2nd year of medical school.

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 03:10 PM
http://tobefree.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/paul-baby-tractor.jpg

What is it with this man and babies?

PastaRocket848
07-13-2011, 03:42 PM

I agree with that 100%.

trey4sports
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Is Rand uber-religious? He never struck me as the religious type

gls
07-13-2011, 04:26 PM

I heard he worships something called "Aqua Buddha".

sailingaway
07-13-2011, 04:27 PM

He is deeply religious. That is different than what most people mean when they say 'uber-religious'.

TheTyke
07-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Many champions of liberty are deeply religious - Ron Paul is one shining example. Tom Woods and Judge Napolitano are both Catholic, as am I. Understanding Free Will comes from our Creator and shouldn't be messed with is a powerful motivator!!

gcdugas
07-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Put the gun down Walter. They're calling the cops man.

Calmer than you are dude.

speciallyblend
07-18-2011, 05:51 AM
I wouldn't call myself an atheist but i also wouldn't call myself a right wing bible thumper!! This is shameful. I want to know the source for this flat out lie! This needs to be called out asap. If this is coming from Ed Rollins or whoever. They need to be exposed ASAP . Complete Nonsense!! PS this angers/motivates me to no end!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad ::mad:

Paulatized
07-18-2011, 06:34 AM
I wouldn't call myself an atheist but i also wouldn't call myself a right wing bible thumper!! This is shameful. I want to know the source for this flat out lie! This needs to be called out asap. If this is coming from Ed Rollins or whoever. They need to be exposed ASAP . Complete Nonsense!! PS this angers/motivates me to no end!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad ::mad:

I agree 100%, this is how I felt when I first read about it on the 13th. It's absolutely shameful. But I have no clue how can this be put right?

LibertyEagle
07-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I agree 100%, this is how I felt when I first read about it on the 13th. It's absolutely shameful. But I have no clue how can this be put right?

Do you remember how Rand handled something similar? That great ad. I wish Dr. Paul would do same.

Bossobass
07-18-2011, 09:22 AM
This thread reminded me of the first time I met Ron Paul, so I thought I'd pass this along, FWIW. It was May '07 at the SC debate. In part, the conversation went like this:

Bosso: Congressman, with all due respect, you've gone above and beyond the call of duty for most of your life. Why aren't you sitting on a rocking chair in Lake Jackson enjoying your family and resting on a job well done?

RP: Throughout history, next to the Holy Bible, the US Constitution is the most important document ever written. As long as you come out to listen, I'll be there to talk about it.

Put that in your gossip, Iowan Wank.

Bosso

speciallyblend
07-18-2011, 09:36 AM
so i hope someone releases the source of these lies asap!!