PDA

View Full Version : Court dismisses lawsuit against TSA citing secret order

sailingaway
07-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Citing Secret Order, Federal Court Dismisses Airline Passenger Lawsuit Against DHS & TSA Over Scanners, Virtual Strip Searches & Full-Body ‘Rub-Downs’

WASHINGTON, DC — A federal court has dismissed a Fourth Amendment lawsuit filed by The Rutherford Institute challenging the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) airport security screening policy of requiring air passengers to either submit to virtual strip searches involving advanced imaging technology (AIT), which exposes intimate details of a person's body to government agents, or submit to highly invasive pat down searches during which TSA agents may go so far as to reach inside a traveler's pants. U.S. District Court Judge Henry H. Kennedy, Jr., justified his dismissal by declaring that the court has no jurisdiction over the case, citing a secret order issued by the TSA which requires that the D.C. Court of Appeals hear any reviews of TSA orders. Insisting that it contains "sensitive security information," the government has yet to make public the order embodying the TSA enhanced screening procedures.

more at link

http://www.rutherford.org/articles_db/press_release.asp?article_id=935&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Carehn
07-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Edit -

I love the TSA and the fact that they can over rule the courts.

ghengis86
07-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Edit -

I love the TSA and the fact that they can over rule the courts.

It's perfectly natural to rage against tyranny. Those cocksuckers will be up shits creeks sooner than you might think.

(good use of the edit regardless; I do the whole "type out an entire post, the delete. It's cathartic)

BamaAla
07-12-2011, 09:56 PM
WTF is this nonsense? Land of the free and home of the brave my ass.

Carehn
07-12-2011, 10:03 PM
It's perfectly natural to rage against tyranny. Those cocksuckers will be up shits creeks sooner than you might think.

(good use of the edit regardless; I do the whole "type out an entire post, the delete. It's cathartic)

Ya I know. I would hate to be the guy to give this place a bad name. Though if you look at my post i guess i would not hate it enough lol.

Out of all government i think judges piss me off the most. They make blatantly poor decisions on a regular basis. and what is worse is they know it!

Carehn
07-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Some of the parts of Atlas Shrugged... I like the Judge in the book the most. I like some of his quotes that would apply to this in a way.

"The law, Miss Taggart? What law? I did not give it up-it has ceased to exist. but I am still working in the profession i had chosen, which was that of serving the cause of justice...I quit when the court of appeals reversed my ruling. The purpose for which i had chosen my work, was my resolve to be a guardian of justice. But the laws they asked me to enforce made me the executor of the vilest injustice conceivable. I was asked to use force to violate the rights of disarmed men, who came before me to seek my protection for their rights. litigants obey the verdict of a tribunals solely on the premise that there is an objective rule of conduct, which they both accept. Now I saw that one man was to be bound by it, but the other was not, one was to obey a rule, the other was to assert an arbitrary wish-his need-and the law was to stand on the side of the wish. Justice was to consist of upholding the unjustifiable. I quit - because I could not have borne to hear the words' your honor' addressed to me by an honest man."