PDA

View Full Version : Texas lawmakers hail departing colleague Ron Paul as principled and visionary

Jeremy
07-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Sen. John Cornyn, R-San Antonio
Ron has served Texans in Congress with distinction for nearly 24 years as a fierce advocate for a more limited government. His steadfast devotion to his core beliefs has earned him the respect and loyalty from Texans and Americans of all walks of life.

I congratulate Ron on his remarkable congressional career, and wish him and Carol the very best in their future endeavors.

Rep. Gene Green, D-Houston
Ron has served honorably for different terms during the last 4 decades representing our area.

Rep. Pete Olson, R-Sugar Land
When he retires from Congress, Ron Paul will leave a legacy of principled leadership. As we say in the Navy, I wish Ron “Fair winds and following seas.”

Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Houston
Ron Paul is a true and honest intellectual in the House and a good friend. In many respects his policies turned out to be very visionary on the core role of the federal government and spending.

Rep. Larry Taylor, R-Friendswood
Congressman Paul’s announcement today not to seek re-election has created a rare opportunity for public service at the national level.
I have received encouragement from conservative leaders across Texas this afternoon. It is an opportunity that I will consider very seriously in the coming weeks

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/07/texas-lawmakers-hail-departing-colleague-ron-paul-as-principled-and-visionary/

trey4sports
07-12-2011, 09:58 PM
bump, nice to see Texans saying nice things about the future president.

Carson
07-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Wow!

I had no idea he was leaving.

heavenlyboy34
07-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Will RP still do activist work when he retires from Congress? /curious

Fox McCloud
07-12-2011, 10:25 PM

I'd hope so, but my gut tells me he's going to start winding down things a bit...maybe just writing a few things here and there for Lew Rockwell or maybe even Mises.org.

MikeStanart
07-12-2011, 10:27 PM
lol @ Sen. John Cornyn. What a farce.

Original_Intent
07-12-2011, 10:33 PM
yeah, and almost every one of those with the kind words is breathing a huge sigh of relief that the gadfly is finally gone. Who is going to be the single vote in the 434-1 votes now, the one who thru his actions names them all cowards?

RileyE104
07-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Rep. Larry Taylor, R-Friendswood
Congressman Paul’s announcement today not to seek re-election has created a rare opportunity for public service at the national level.
I have received encouragement from conservative leaders across Texas this afternoon. It is an opportunity that I will consider very seriously in the coming weeks

OK.. This one had nothing at all to do about praise... Instead, it's a guy simply saying how he'll run for Paul's seat.

Chester Copperpot
07-12-2011, 10:56 PM
one of us need to run for rons seat to ensure that some phony scumbag doenst get it,

LibertyEagle
07-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I sure wish Medina was in his district.

evilfunnystuff
07-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Depends, do you consider becoming president to be activist work?